• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish

Why does everyone hate on Sniper? Serious question, I have no idea.

Who knows. My favorite pusher (carry larry) by far. That dwarf just eats through creep waves and towers when properly built. He starts off with pitiful damage, but after a few levels he really cranks that crap up.

I just hate that he is so squishy. Still, it's not as big of a deal with his range.

Why does everyone hate on Sniper? Serious question, I have no idea.

Super squishy, no escape skill, completely dependent on positioning (admittedly made easier by his ridiculous range, but still). His skills are pretty cool, his ultimate is pretty awesome but you need good Dota fundamentals to be good with him. Not a good hero for a beginner.

Dazzle so good, so good. Was solo laning with him against Puck and Huskar, decided to go Medalion. Well, even Huskar's passive can't save him if he's facing this much physical damage, that's for sure.

I think I have found the mother of all console commands, the command to display information related to the hero performance!

dota_hero_standings_debug

Turn developer mode on (developer 1), and feast your eyes on numbers.

I can't seem to find instructions on how to turn on developer mode.

Played a game as Naix with a VS, Slardar and a Dazzle with Medallion. Built AC.

Open wounds someone, quadruple/quintuple armor debuff...

so_good.gif

Sanjay

Who knows. My favorite pusher (carry larry) by far. That dwarf just eats through creep waves and towers when properly built. He starts off with pitiful damage, but after a few levels he really cranks that crap up.

I just hate that he is so squishy. Still, it's not as big of a deal with his range.

Super squishy, no escape skill, completely dependent on positioning (admittedly made easier by his ridiculous range, but still). His skills are pretty cool, his ultimate is pretty awesome but you need good Dota fundamentals to be good with him. Not a good hero for a beginner.

What lies! Dwarfs are little tanks, 2.3khp lvl18. Build tanky items, no escape? build Skadi kite them all day long, have a good team to back you up.

Remember what are snipers? best support for you infantry. Always be behind your team, get caught? lol try killing me with 2k plus hp while my team helps me.

1uq48b.png

2tjw0f.png

Irish

Bah, no need to do that. Sniper shouldn't even be at risk to need that much health. You should be doing more damage and quicker!

dorkimoe

Reduces their and your armor.

Great for Dazzle because both of his damaging spells do physical damage.

Ah thanks.

I wish everyones abilities said if it was physical or magic. I'm sure i could read up on it somewhere but it would be nice to see in game, then i would know what to buy on people

Got probably my most absurd win ever last night.

Match started fine. I was mid with Drow; lion and SB were bot against Omni + Axe. Omni and Axe start off ridiculously aggressive, chasing bot beyond the t1 tower. I go down to help and we get an immediate double kill. Up 2-0, things are going smoothly.

Well, I must not have been paying good attention because by the 7-minute mark I look up (expecting to see 2-0 or something like that still) and it's like...2-9 in their favor. By the 12-minute mark its something like 20-3. The majority of my team is feeding, so I pretty much conclude that it's all over but the crying. I keep playing it out anyway even though we're getting molested. By the 30 minute mark all our towers are down (all but one of theirs stands) and we're pushed in our base trying to fend off waves of creeps, trying to absorb aegis axe, etc. we lose a couple of tier 3's and the top rax, so we're trying to push top out as far as possible while dealing with their pushes. Somehow we get 3 consecutive successful team fights (resulting in their mid towers getting pushed down), and their key players run out of money for buy-backs. The last engagement happens at mid and baby, they don't see us coming. invis bounty + shadow drow + shadow lion + sb doing *just enough* to silence/stun down omni, gem exposes riki next...np nowhere around...axe and viper goes down quickly...and we win the game.

I still don't believe it. when 3 characters on your team go a combined 8/41...you don't expect to win.

Never give up. That's the lesson for the day.

dorkimoe

haha singsings stream, its nothing but people spamming him for invites to play with him. Yeah i know what that feels like *flexes*

^that is a weird win.. well that riki had 0 farm

Forkball

Honestly, what's the best way to stop farm heavy heroes like Ursa, Lycan, Druid etc. I know you will say " don't let them farm/jungle" but they seem to get built up so quickly and by the time you see them, they can already wreck you.

dorkimoe

Honestly, what's the best way to stop farm heavy heroes like Ursa, Lycan, Druid etc. I know you will say " don't let them farm/jungle" but they seem to get built up so quickly and by the time you see them, they can already wreck you.

I kinda suck and have no clue what im talking about. But i would guess the best way is to force team fights. If they have someone in jungle just 5 man up and push a lane to force that other person out of the jungle. If they dont come out of the jungle to help, then just keep taking towers

dorkimoe

holy shit

hyuna is playing singsing

he just said fuck this guy to hyuna haha

he admitted to being outlast hit mid by hyuna

GO GAF

edit: swag said hyuna isnt online, DAMN HIM and his imposters

holy shit

GO GAF

"that is the dumbest storm spirit I've ever seen" after sing gets first blood on him

haha, he's still trolling him

HenryHSH

holy shit

GO GAF

Yeah... And I've seen other people with the same name. HyunA(1), etc.

I'd like to think that stupid first blood wasn't him. lol

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

If you have multiple jungling heroes like Dark Seer, Chen, Enchantress, etc, you can offensively jungle the shit out of them. But you need good coordination.

What really screws me up is an agressive venomancer. Venomancer + a Bounty Hunter will just own junglers. Using his wards to block spawn camps and venomous gale ganking + putting pressure on solo lane with wards makes venomancer a very good choice.

Finalow

sniper is just the worst carry in the game.

btw sing_sing just lost against a 21 - 3 ss called Hyuna, not this gaf Hyuna tho (this ss was a good player you know). so yeah, a lot of Hyuna.

Sanjay

Look at the map.
13n1z1.png

Windrunner doing her best to stop weaver and mega creeps from taking the base while the other 4 of us are doing the same after wining teamfight, came down to a 10% left on our base while we took theirs. Man this game was a high to low back to high.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking though some texture files, I did find what I think is an unused texture relating to bounty hunter's track, since it's called status_track_scroll.

track.png

Also, a bunch of the items actually have models to them.

Getting extra money from randoming makes me just want to do it all the time. Getting boots that much faster really helps. I can't wait to be burned by it hard and never want to do it again.

Ah thanks.

I wish everyones abilities said if it was physical or magic. I'm sure i could read up on it somewhere but it would be nice to see in game, then i would know what to buy on people

Actually, you can find this kind of information in skill popups.

Looking though some texture files, I did find what I think is an unused texture relating to bounty hunter's track, since it's called status_track_scroll.

track.png

Also, a bunch of the items actually have models to them.

Hey, Cyborgmatt, you forgot to relogin.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Maybe we'll finally see the items on our heroes now.

Also if you look at the latest filipino competitive replays, Naga Siren is a top pick and top ban. Interessttiiiiiiiiiing.
Makes me happy. I <3 Siren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom