• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another accidental XBLA release date leaked: Mr. Driller Online 04/02/08

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
biggkidd32 said:
You're talking about the N+ developers?

Them among others (like the people going batshit insane over a couple of Cave shooters going retail) who shoot for the trees in spite of the forest. The service goes though a rough patch of about a month and many are ready to declare the entire service, sucky, crappy, dead and buried.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
McBradders said:
FUCKING YESSS!

Is there an (accurate) up to date list of confirmed release dates for the next few months?

:lol

But seriously :lol :lol

If such a list exist outside of say the confines of Microsoft my job would be a whole lot easier.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Shard said:
:lol

But seriously :lol :lol

If such a list exist outside of say the confines of Microsoft my job would be a whole lot easier.

I know it was wishful thinking :(

I luvs me some XBLA, I just only wanna buy points once a month :p

Rlan

McBradders said:
I know it was wishful thinking :(

I luvs me some XBLA, I just only wanna buy points once a month :p

Well the best we have is "Spring" release dates, which include:

Assault Heroes 2
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Braid
Commando 3
Elements of Destruction
Happy Tree Friends: False Alarm
Mr. Driller Online
Ikaruga
Pirates Vs. Ninjas Dodgeball
RooGoo
Rocket Bowl
Shred Nebula
Peggle
Vigilante 8 Arcade

And (almost) all of them will actually be really, really great!

Incidentily, Mr. Driller Online is not on Partnernet at all - neither is anything Capcom are making. I wish I could preview them :(

womp

Unless they clean up the actual gameplay graphics so they don't look like they were reworked with Vaseline 2D...No sale.

drill07.jpg

Seriously, it looked crisper on my Dreamcast.

Jonnyram

Haven't played online yet but offline is ok.
Sadly suffers from 360 controller syndrome like every other game out there, but you can get by, just.

Seems to play mostly like the original arcade game, so drops are not as forgiving as the later games - i.e. you'll get crushed when you might think you would otherwise slide out of the way. Along the way you pick up treasure chests containing items - these are the items typically found in the quest modes, like add 5% to max air, fill your air up, barrier, fast digging, etc. but you can only carry one at a time and it gets overwritten when you find a new chest. Thanks to the items, it's not going to be totally impossible to get the high depths. I just got 2400m, which I would struggle with in the regular mode before.

Quest mode is also semi-interesting, though usually the stress of the quest tends to distract you from playing properly, so it's a bit harder than regular mode.

Wish they'd left in the Japanese samples for picking up air and when the game is over. It doesn't sound right without them, but I guess the localised versions never had them?

951050 is my high score so far... 39th on the table :/

Jonnyram

OK, the online part...

:lol :lol :lol

If there is lag, the blocks don't disappear, no matter how much you dig.
How the fuck did this past testing?

Mairu

The single player has a lot of bugs... Game has froze on me twice so far :|

edit: multiplayer is fucked at the moment it looks like :(

robot

Hmmm...Impressions don't sound too promising so far. Wonder how this plays with the arcade stick...

Only one way to find out!

womp

And yet the reason for poor sales from Namco will be because no one cares about Mr Driller, not because of the true reasons: the net code is F'ed or single player has bugs.

Don't they play test this shit before they send it out?

If a company like Namco can't get it right all hope is lost. :(

Top Bottom