• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Karoshi 1 & 2- the indie game where you must kill yourself. Over and over. And over.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Karoshi0.png

Karoshi1.png

This is exactly what the thread title says: beat each level by trying to kill the main character you control. The humor is great, the puzzles are fun, and each game takes maybe twenty minutes or so to beat. I think they're really, really clever.

Start with the first game:

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=362308&hl=Karoshi

Here's the second one:

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=369491&hl=Karoshi

I know the author of both games, 2D Cube, posts here on NeoGAF...so if you're reading this, awesome job man! I love these games! :D

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
The second one is a lot more "silly" so I do recommend trying that one out too if you get frustrated with the first (some of the puzzles are nearly impossible...maybe because I'm an idiot. :lol )

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Gonna try it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
chubigans said:
Yeah, I got stuck there too. Ready?

...press K. :D
WHAT?! How would you know that?!

EDIT: I'm so fucking stupid.

Yoshichan

EDIT: Nevermind! I'm a genius!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
rhfb said:
Any other site to play these on that don't force you to install crappy extensions?

Just download them...that's what I do.

The fifth level...you have to make the yellow tubes connect using the metal crates. Once you do, press the yellow button and it electrifies them...touch it and you'll explode.

How you do it is the tricky part.

Yoshichan

Man, that was fucking awesome! Time to play the second part then!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
To save you considerable pain for the sequel: there will be times where you need to use the mouse cursor.

Believe me when I say I wish I knew that going in. :p

Yoshichan

chubigans said:
Press it until 4. Then go over to the boxes and experiment. You might have to go a little lower.
Got it!

Played through the second one yesterday, some of the puzzles are really clever. I especially liked 32, 40 and 48.

edit: yeah, 22 was good too.

Yoshichan

chicken_ramen said:
Played through the second one yesterday, some of the puzzles are really clever. I especially liked 32, 40 and 48.

edit: yeah, 22 was good too.
I really need help with 22, please :(

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Haha, shit... got it!

Yoshichan

Sorry... 32 :(?

EDIT: -_-... nevermind.

Yoshichan

Okay what the hell... this is getting too hard...

34...?

Yoshichan

Top Bottom