• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMO Skyforge is coming to PS4 this March

ReaperXL7

I bought the starter pack for like $7. I'll spend money to unlock one or two classes...Credits for the rest. I played Necro on PC a bit and enjoyed it. I also played Archer and had a good time with it.

I haven't really looked into the packs yet but do they give you enough to buy a class, or a class token?

I usually role tank in MMOs so I'd probably go with Knight as my first unlock but it's taking awhile to try and grind out the 3mil I need.

If anyone else wants to join a GAF pantheon, let us know. We'll get it setup this evening. Open to name suggestions. Right now i'm thinking GAFeon, a portmanteau of GAF and pantheon - but we can do better, i'm sure.

I feel like I've strangely done this before... You can count me down for joining the GAF guild psn is VincentGold. Also hate that this is voice chat only this is a game to enjoy while listening to other stuff, maybe someone can set up a Discord? So that we can have text based chat with each other.

Rixa

If anyone else wants to join a GAF pantheon, let us know. We'll get it setup this evening. Open to name suggestions. Right now i'm thinking GAFeon, a portmanteau of GAF and pantheon - but we can do better, i'm sure.

Hop. Iam in.

I feel like I've strangely done this before... You can count me down for joining the GAF guild psn is VincentGold. Also hate that this is voice chat only this is a game to enjoy while listening to other stuff, maybe someone can set up a Discord? So that we can have text based chat with each other.

Discord chat channel for PS4 Skyforge.
We do have other channels in same server too. I can make more different channels if / when needed.

I was under the impression we would unlock classes as we went through the game but it's actually a cost of 3 million in game credits. That's a bit insane really. Guess I'll just have to start saving for that archer class.

The game is actually pretty fun if you're thinking of jumping in. The graphics are really nice as well. I was quite suprised.

Ferr986

What it's weird with this 3M to unlock a class is that classes takes like 30 mins to max (get all of it's abilities) so in under 2 hours you have all the starter classes fully unlocked.

It's like they reversed the usual approach of how to get and level classes lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I made a Pantheon last night...Guardians Against Fate. Problem is, I don't know how to invite people if they aren't directly in front of me. If you want in, message me on PSN at nicoga3000 and we WILL get you in somehow!

I made a Pantheon last night...Guardians Against Fate. Problem is, I don't know how to invite people if they aren't directly in front of me. If you want in, message me on PSN at nicoga3000 and we WILL get you in somehow!

It does seem i can see when friends are online today, unlike yesterday - so we should easily be able to group up and invite, hopefully.

Rixa

Wtf?

C9elb8cXgAAX7o_.jpg:large

EQ tutorial? Where the heck is eq tutorial?

There are some other bugs too ingame, Lightbringer R1 skill (holding R1 only says wrong target when in group, works ok in soloing...).

Gold_Loot

Wtf?

There are some other bugs too ingame, Lightbringer R1 skill (holding R1 only says wrong target when in group, works ok in soloing...).
Try going to your "quests" menu. Click on tutorials, then click the quest and launch from there.

Wtf?

My understanding is its a tutorial that comes up when you get your Divine Form which i believe you'll get after finishing off all the provinces - though i could be way off, just what i recall reading. Essentially its just poorly telling you its content you can't access yet.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So people STILL appear as offline to me. I don't understand. I'd love to invite some people to the Pantheon but can't seem to do so at the moment.

So alittle on the confused side atm. I have read and heard that you are supposedly able to turn credits into Argents is that still possible? Or are there any other ways of getting Argents other then shelling out real cash?

Ferr986

Im halfway to the Campaign and I don't even have 500k yet -_-

Also is people skipping the open world areas? because I don't see how there's god guys when those take a while to clear.

ReaperXL7

I keep coming back to this because I think the combat is fun and it looks nice for a F2P MMO but there are a few things that I think are going to end up pushing me away eventually. The primary issue that I have is with the class system, it's fine in that you can switch at any time but it's completely un enjoyable to have to try and grind out 3 million credits just to unlock a single class that I actually want to play.

It also doesn't help that this is most likely just going to end up as a place holder for until Marvel Heroes and Tera release. I have a strong feeling that Marvel Heroes is going to suck away a lot of my time in perticular depending on how they handled the controls.

The game is pretty fun, but i agree how it comes across as something to just to waste a bit time with, i'm not sure how long i'll stay with it. There are some major problems at the moment, but i'm sure most will be fixed relatively quickly. Feels like they should've done an open beta for the consoles to clean up some of these issues.

Can I get an invite to this Pantheon? Id like to have a group if some of y'all are playing. PSN: Demoskinos

The Pantheon system and Group invite for friends seems to currently be broken, unfortunately.

DrkSage

Tried it for a few hours, managed to max the 3 clases, and cleared the first map completely. It's fun but it's not a game I could see lasting very long unless you drop some $xxx.xx The ui is not quite good could use some work, but every thing else looks good

Demoskinos

Oh, cool. I was doing a adventure then died by accident then when I respawned got glitched for some reason couldn't move then got booted off the server and now the game won't load my character at all. Awesome.

Qvoth

looking at streams now, doesn't look too bad
how ping dependent is the battle system? i generally have 200 or so ping to NA :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Game is kinda trashy but im kinda super into it lol. Classes have some neat skills so it scratches my "level up and see new spells" itch, good podcast game I imagine. I'll probably at least unlock all the classes via the campaign since its so easy. I got Zerker and Archer unlocked, and Outlaw from the Steam gift.

Outlaw is ironically one of my favorite classes in a game in a long time, too bad its not in a better game. I have a feeling ill be saying that a lot, Paladin was also great.

Wdit: wait you have to pay to unlock classes on console?

Ferr986

Game is kinda trashy but im kinda super into it lol. Classes have some neat skills so it scratches my "level up and see new spells" itch, good podcast game I imagine. I'll probably at least unlock all the classes via the campaign since its so easy. I got Zerker and Archer unlocked, and Outlaw from the Steam gift.

Outlaw is ironically one of my favorite classes in a game in a long time, too bad its not in a better game. I have a feeling ill be saying that a lot, Paladin was also great.

Wdit: wait you have to pay to unlock classes on console?

Yes, for some reason PS4 are dirty peasants and have to unlock classes by paying 3 million credits, not advancing through the campain like the PC version.

The PS4 version is so unfriendly to newcomers that is going to get destroyed quickly. They don't even throw a bone to them.

Freeman76

Yes, for some reason PS4 are dirty peasants and have to unlock classes by paying 3 million credits, not advancing through the campain like the PC version.

The PS4 version is so unfriendly to newcomers that is going to get destroyed quickly. They don't even throw a bone to them.

Yes I agree, these devs seems to want to burn their own bridge to their potential user base.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
In defense of the class unlock system, I am starting to get well over 100k credits for completing a directive. I've only done a few, and it's grown each time. I think my current run will net me 110k. That's NOT counting the credits I get for completing the steps in each directive.

While 3m is a lot, it's far from out of reach. I think once you start grinding deeper in, you'll find that credits come quick enough. I mean, yeah, 4k per run is nothing. But as you unlock more difficulty levels for a run, even that climbs to 10k+ real fast.

Its certainly more fun doing group content, i just wish it was possible to play with friends.

This is the part that's pissing me off. I still haven't seen people on my list come up as "online", despite having a few GAF friends playing. The 5-man stuff is a lot of fun.

Kalentan

In defense of the class unlock system, I am starting to get well over 100k credits for completing a directive. I've only done a few, and it's grown each time. I think my current run will net me 110k. That's NOT counting the credits I get for completing the steps in each directive.

While 3m is a lot, it's far from out of reach. I think once you start grinding deeper in, you'll find that credits come quick enough. I mean, yeah, 4k per run is nothing. But as you unlock more difficulty levels for a run, even that climbs to 10k+ real fast.

How exactly do Directives work? I just got my first one last night.

Do you just complete all of the missions/pvp events that it's listed and then you get the reward?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How exactly do Directives work? I just got my first one last night.

Do you just complete all of the missions/pvp events that it's listed and then you get the reward?

Yup - I just select the mission from the directive screen and, upon completion, it's gone and considered complete.

Also, PvP is annoying BUT! The rewards are pretty amazing. Absolutely worth running even if you just get pounded repeatedly.

Kalentan

Yup - I just select the mission from the directive screen and, upon completion, it's gone and considered complete.

Also, PvP is annoying BUT! The rewards are pretty amazing. Absolutely worth running even if you just get pounded repeatedly.

Do you need to win the PvP or just take part in it?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do you need to win the PvP or just take part in it?

There's usually a PvP quest - it's usually something like "Obtain x Kills/Assists" where x = 10 for 3v3 and x = 20 for the free for all. One or two runs SHOULD net you the reward. I don't remember if you get rewards for winning specifically - I just run it daily for the directive and the quest completion.

This was just released on Steam too.

Is it any good like Phantasy Star Online?

It's been out on PC for a long time. Is it good like PSO? No. The way you get gear is lackluster and not nearly as rewarding as a red box drop. But the instanced mission structure is a lot of fun and provides you with hours upon hours of pretty mindless grinding joy.

Top Bottom