• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

If it makes you feel any better, my understanding is that the Unicorn is completely useless for anything other than sitting in its cage looking pretty. So even broken parts wouldn't make much difference. Unless you broke something during the transformation.

Have a HG Nu gundam and MG Rezel.
Fucking eye stickers.
sticker%2Bstrugle.gif

Decided to sit down on my day off and work out just exactly which MG, RG, PG, and HGUC I want/how many I need for my eventual 1/144 scale dioramas I want to make some day... 315 different mobile suits alone, not even counting the duplicates I'd need for the dioramas... oh this'll be a life long battle.

Just found out about the Super Mini-pla Daizyujin and of course it immediately sold out when it launched this month.

Any hope of it getting a reissue?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A lot of people watching it in the TOONAMI thread were too busy posting instead of paying attention in the first three episodes...not that it would have helped much in making it interesting, just making it understandable.

It doesn't help that they expect fans to recognize Mineva right away, who is a big deal early on.

TheFlow

Banned
A lot of people watching it in the TOONAMI thread were too busy posting instead of paying attention in the first three episodes...not that it would have helped much in making it interesting, just making it understandable.

It doesn't help that they expect fans to recognize Mineva right away, who is a big deal early on.
Yea live posting while the show is on makes you misss a couple details

Yea live posting while the show is on makes you misss a couple details

I've never understood that. Attempting to interact with online communities while watching something. If I'm not interested in watching something new to give it my full attention I just don't watch it.

Renewed

I can live tweet IBO and not miss anything critical amirite /s

I remember not getting who Audrey was until I did a double take at what was happening...

I've never understood that. Attempting to interact with online communities while watching something. If I'm not interested in watching something new to give it my full attention I just don't watch it.
I usually do this with stuff I stream, but I hit the pause button while I post.
Update: I got the head done I believe, chest section as well, half of the two arms as well since I didn't get to the shoulder portion, was expecting the arms to be identical pieces, but nope. Was annoyed, but then surprised by what some of the little pieces end up becoming.

So, my experience with Gundam started with Gundam Wing back when I was a kid, and I loved it. Years later I rewatched it again as an adult and still really enjoyed it. Then I watched Gundam 00 and thought that was pretty good as well. I never, however, really considered watching the original series, but my interest was piqued by an article on Kotaku on how finally, after 35 years, the main universe story had come to an end. This was back in 2014, and I felt inspired to catch up at first, but I found it a bit overwhelming to get into - not in terms of how many episodes there were, just in terms of how many series there were that didn't all take place chronologically, and not to mention the dozens of manga and OVA and specials, and so and so forth.

I kind of just gave up on the idea, but then a couple months back I started watching Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin. I found the series and the character Char Aznable so interesting, it spurred me to go back to the original Mobile Suit Gundam series and start to watch all there is to watch of the Universal Century.

Of course there was a lot to watch, and there still is, and with so many viewing guides out there, it took me a while to find the one I was comfortable with.

It was recommended to me to watch the three anthology films Mobile Suit Gundam I/II/III and then move on to the Zeta anime series, which is what I've done. I'm now 12 episodes in and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

It's been a while since I've enjoyed anime this much.

Iron Blooded Orphans

after two weeks of grinding down any hope tekkadan had left, the show presents a way to avoid a full cast wipe. Hopefully it doesn't work out. Blood for the blood gods.RIP Orga, you beautiful monster

As for how to penetrate UC, it can be intimidating but keep in mind the main pillars are:

0079 > Zeta > ZZ > CCA.

I prefer the tv series for 0079, but the movie trilogy is pretty good. Glad you're watching the tv series for Zeta. The movies sucked. ZZ has its haters, but I think it's pretty rad. Great main cast.

Unicorn definitely wraps up some loose ends and I love it, but early UC basically existed for 30 years just fine without it. I think it does add something to the setting though.

There is material that takes place after, but it is a lot more detached. You have F91, which takes place in UC0123, and then Victory Gundam UC0153.

There are a few OVAs I haven't listed. This stuff doesn't really push forward the story like the previous stuff does. Rather it fills out the setting. You already saw The Origin. I also recommend 0080 war in the pocket and 0083: stardust memory. There is also 08th ms team, which a lot of people like.

Avoid Igloo and Igloo 2.

Finally, there is Thunderbolt. It's pretty cool, but it's not really canon (I don't think?)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For all the shit I give 0083 its a pretty interesting midquel, at least as far as the epilogue goes.

Gives the Titans a decent excuse for taking over if nothing else, though it is one of the earliest attempts to glamorize the Zeon.

0080 is much watch though utterly unimportant in the grand scheme of things. 08th MS has the same relevance but isn't as much watch besides that one incredible fight scene. I still like it because I like shows about grunts.

For all the shit I give 0083 its a pretty interesting midquel, at least as far as the epilogue goes.

Gives the Titans a decent excuse for taking over if nothing else, though it is one of the earliest attempts to glamorize the Zeon.

0080 is much watch though utterly unimportant in the grand scheme of things. 08th MS has the same relevance but isn't as much watch besides that one incredible fight scene. I still like it because I like shows about grunts.

I actually see 0083 as deglamorizing them. By the end you see they're nothing but crazed zealots so caught up in their own ideals and lost causes they've become unable to move on.

Fjordson

So, my experience with Gundam started with Gundam Wing back when I was a kid, and I loved it. Years later I rewatched it again as an adult and still really enjoyed it. Then I watched Gundam 00 and thought that was pretty good as well. I never, however, really considered watching the original series, but my interest was piqued by an article on Kotaku on how finally, after 35 years, the main universe story had come to an end. This was back in 2014, and I felt inspired to catch up at first, but I found it a bit overwhelming to get into - not in terms of how many episodes there were, just in terms of how many series there were didn't all take place chronologically, and not to mention the dozens of manga and OVA and specials, and so and so forth.

I kind of just gave up on the idea, but then a couple months back I started watching Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin. I found the series and the character Char Aznable so interesting, it spurred me to go back to the original Mobile Suit Gundam series and start to watch all there is to watch of the Universal Century.

Of course there was a lot to watch, and there still is, and with some many viewing guides out there, it took me a while to find the one I was comfortable with.

It was recommended to me to watch the three anthology films Mobile Suit Gundam I/II/III and then move on to the Zeta anime series, which is what I've done. I'm now 12 episodes in and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

It's been a while since I've enjoyed anime this much.
Nice man. Welcome to the fold.

UC Gundam is so great. Love Zeta and can't wait for the 0083 and 08th blu-rays coming up. All awesome shows.

Listening to music while building your gunpla is some chill ass shit.

That's how I do it, or put on Easy Allies Dungeon and Dragons videos and rofl the hours away at their nonsense.

Would also like to stream my Gundam making but my PC is too far away from my desk... and the table I could move too is a hassle to hunch over lol. My comfort building something out ranks the 4 people who would pop in over the 10 hours it would take to finish it haha. Speaking of, its time I make the arms for my Origins, been sitting there for 2 weeks just legs and torso haha. Wanna finish it, and use my week off next week to start a new one.

My coworker went on vacation and bought me a gift.

fPtkNRd.jpg

Very cool of him. Sadly no instructions.

nice kit! i think you should be able to find instructions online. but if there isn't any, i built it before, should be very easy to figure out without it. since you're familiar with gundams already.

Top Bottom