• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

Omni

Only reason I logged in today was to raid. Knocked out all four in a couple of hours, so that's nice. Back to Destiny tomorrow.

I think after this tier, I'm done with raiding and all that in XIV though. It's a lot of work... which amounts to nothing when you really think about it xD

Blizzje

Fat Moogle Mount Giveaway!

Okay so I have two of these mounts to give away. Instead of just randomly doing it, I figured we could have a kind of screenshot contest. To enter, just quote this and post your screenshot in the thread. The theme is just well... anything related to Stormblood! Can be a cool moment or just your character posed a certain way. You get the idea. If you don't have Stormblood, whatever else will work too, haha.

I'll pick one winner that I like the most and the other mount will be randomly given to someone that enters.
If no one enters I'll just post both codes here buuut I'd rather not have lurkers take them

Deadline is in a week so there's time!

bla_1505728800.png
SPnAhTah.jpg

kagamin

Okay so I have two of these mounts to give away. Instead of just randomly doing it, I figured we could have a kind of screenshot contest. To enter, just quote this and post your screenshot in the thread. The theme is just well... anything related to Stormblood! Can be a cool moment or just your character posed a certain way. You get the idea. If you don't have Stormblood, whatever else will work too, haha.

I'll pick one winner that I like the most and the other mount will be randomly given to someone that enters.
If no one enters I'll just post both codes here buuut I'd rather not have lurkers take them

bla_1505728800.png

Here!

Euphony

Banned
is there any particular reason why people don't want to do floor 31-40 potd? It's been 3 days and nobody's biting @_@

You've seriously been waiting days for a queue to pop for 31-40 PotD?! That's just incredible. Granted I rarely 1-50 now, but when I was doing those levels at worst I had a 15-20 minute queue near the end.

You've seriously been waiting days for a queue to pop for 31-40 PotD?! That's just incredible. Granted I rarely 1-50 now, but when I was doing those levels at worst I had a 15-20 minute queue near the end.

It's pretty nuts, and it's not like I've been waiting 15 minutes before calling it quits, I've been waiting anywhere between 40 to an hour with no bite :v

I thought dps has it easier for potd but it looks like everywhere is the same @_@

Sorian

Banned
It's pretty nuts, and it's not like I've been waiting 15 minutes before calling it quits, I've been waiting anywhere between 40 to an hour with no bite :v

I thought dps has it easier for potd but it looks like everywhere is the same @_@

No one has it easier for potd since it just sends anyone in queue in 4 at a time regardless of role.

Weird that there are no bites though it's not completely odd as that sub set of floors is sub-optimal for leveling and people may just not care now that there is nothing in the way of rewards for potd.

No one has it easier for potd since it just sends anyone in queue in 4 at a time regardless of role.

Weird that there are no bites though it's not completely odd as that sub set of floors is sub-optimal for leveling and people may just not care now that there is nothing in the way of rewards for potd.

If this continues would it be better if I just reset back to floor 1-10 and grind those?

Sorian

Banned
Didn't they change it in a late 3.x patch that you no longer needed to do 1-50 to start from 51 on?

If all else fails, it's pretty easy to solo 1-50 on most classes. Last boss at 50 can be sketchy if its your first time but maybe youll have an easier time getting a grouping for 41-50 (unfortunately I don't think you can change your current save slot to a solo slot but you'll be able to go from solo to random group play).

Nvm, I switch up my duty finder setting to accept all languages and somehow that was the key @_@ Just completed 31-40.

EDIT: holy shit 41-50 is near instant@_@

EDIT (2): WOW, got absolutely rekt by the floor 50 boss! I don't think it's possible without a healer...

Moaradin

Nvm, I switch up my duty finder setting to accept all languages and somehow that was the key @_@ Just completed 31-40.

EDIT (2): WOW, got absolutely rekt by the floor 50 boss! I don't think it's possible without a healer...

It's possible to do every floor with all dps. Probably just need a higher weapon and armor level, and to use the buffs that you have.

Sorian

Banned

Were you doing mechanics? She's not really that hard especially with 4 people. Might need to pop a potion or two throughout the fight but that's why potd drops potions like candy.

It's possible to do every floor with all dps. Probably just need a higher weapon and armor level, and to use the buffs that you have.

Were you doing mechanics? She's not really that hard especially with 4 people. Might need to pop a potion or two throughout the fight but that's why potd drops potions like candy.

I just checked Mr Happy's guide, the mechanics looks simple enough but boy if you screw any one of them it goes downhill fast.

Whats the recommended weapon/armor level?

Who else has taken a break till 4.1 and what are you playing?

I'm switching between Guild Wars 2, Warframe, Overwatch and League of Legends at the moment.

I had a break for about a month but now I'm logging on for a couple of hours a week to chip away at the Yo-Kai event. Been using the time to try and get through as much of my backlog as possible, currently working on getting through XII Zodiac Age before 4.1.

Squishy3

Keep potions on your hotbar, and most of the big damage is avoidable. If you get hit by the AOEs too much as well I believe it causes a wipe?

And if it's not clear, the giant scary eye icon means look away from the boss. :p

Euphony

Banned
so what's fastest from pure xp for time to get to level 50

spam the highest potd or dungeons
Depends on what you're leveling. If it's a healer or tank, you're better off with doing dungeons because they give good exp, good variety so you're not bored to death, and the queue is nearly instant. If you're a DPS though you're better off with potd since you can basically do a couple floor 51-60 runs in the time it takes for 1 dungeon queue to pop. You can do higher floors but there's just more people doing 51-60 leading to quicker queues.

mcw

Finished Heavensward last night.

That last fight, man. So fuckin' cool! We destroyed it so fast I didn't get to really soak everything in, so maybe I'll go after the Thordan's Reign version-- though I still haven't done Ultima's Bane yet...

There's a lot to do before I wade into the post-HW MSQ content. Currently working on opening up the Crystal Tower quests. The spawn rates on these FATEs, man...

That last fight, man. So fuckin' cool! We destroyed it so fast I didn't get to really soak everything in, so maybe I'll go after the Thordan's Reign version-- though I still haven't done Ultima's Bane yet...

There's a lot to do before I wade into the post-HW MSQ content. Currently working on opening up the Crystal Tower quests. The spawn rates on these FATEs, man...

lol, that ain't got shit on the REAL last fight of Heavensward.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Only reason I logged in today was to raid. Knocked out all four in a couple of hours, so that's nice. Back to Destiny tomorrow.

I think after this tier, I'm done with raiding and all that in XIV though. It's a lot of work... which amounts to nothing when you really think about it xD

I see.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF

It really was a great final fight. The Minstrel's Ballad version of the fight gives you way more than what you saw in the story version.

Have you done the Heavensward content patches yet? There's more story to go.

mcw

It really was a great final fight. The Minstrel's Ballad version of the fight gives you way more than what you saw in the story version.

Have you done the Heavensward content patches yet? There's more story to go.

When I finished ARR I didn't have the confidence to tackle any of the post-game content: EX primals, raids, etc. I feel more confident now, and want to take the time to go through extra content like Alexander before jumping back into the story.

Omni

Naa, Destiny 2 isn't that bad. I don't mind the levelling (I'm certainly not max-rank... but then again I don't need to be). Just the raiding side of XIV takes its toll after a while. Starts to feel like a job. Practically been doing it since Midas

Garlador

bla_1505728800.png
Ooh, sounds fun! I squeal with delight every time I see one of those fat, fluffy things float by.

Glad to participate. Decided to go with the Azim Steppe. It's a great area that gets lost in all the other great areas.
sylvanaazimsteppesb.jpg

Though my friend liked this one on the bridge.
sylvanadoma.jpg

Rua

After like almost 2 months of pugging, I finally cleared O3S.. I just joined a static lol.
Should've done that way earlier.

dramatis

We got the details of relocation.
Cost of Relocation

When purchasing a plot for relocation, 30% of the minimum value of your old plot will be applied towards the price of the new one.

(Cost of Relocation) = (Destination Plot Price) – (30% of Old Plot Price)

* In the event reimbursement for the old plot exceeds the price of the destination plot, the cost of relocation will be waived. Please note, however, you will not receive gil for the amount that exceeds the cost of the destination plot.

And it looks like it won't be a 'clean' relocation, we will have to redecorate:
Furnishings

Upon relocation, placed furnishings including those normally discarded after removal will be put in a storeroom at the destination plot. See below for further details about storerooms.

While the limit of storerooms is normally dependent on plot size, the limit for all plots will temporarily increase as follows to accommodate relocation:

HELL YESSSSSSS
Patch 4.1 will see the introduction of storerooms, which offer additional storage space for estate halls, apartments, and private chambers. Furnishings normally discarded upon removal can also be placed in storerooms to be used again at a later time.

* Relocation of an estate is not required to access storerooms.
* Furnishings normally discarded upon removal cannot be returned to a player's inventory. They must be placed directly from the storeroom.
* Culinarian furnishings that grant attribute bonuses can only be returned to a player's inventory if they have never been used.
Somebody tell Felix to put his pillows away

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
That Storeroom. Oh man if it acts like a permanent personal chest for personal houses. I just need to make sure to save the gil I have now.

Qvoth

bla_1505728800.png

i'm boring :<

cloud top? you mean sea of clouds?
might be the quest locked ones
https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Aether_Currents

Some are locked behind main scenario quests and side quests.

Yes I meant Sea of clouds. In my Aether Currents menu it says I'm missing 3 location ones and that I've done all of the quest ones. I'm level 58 as well.

I don't have the link I used that had the map but I'll have to line it up to your link to see if it's accurate, I'm pretty sure the map I found was on the official forums.

Squishy3

Yes I meant Sea of clouds. In my Aether Currents menu it says I'm missing 3 location ones and that I've done all of the quest ones. I'm level 58 as well.

I don't have the link I used that had the map but I'll have to line it up to your link to see if it's accurate, I'm pretty sure the map I found was on the official forums.
the map could be outdated, use the aether compass instead. they changed the locations awhile back to make it "easier"

if you're on the second half of sea of clouds you've got access to all the aether currents

iammeiam

Heavenswhere is still a really good resource for aether current locations. They did update after the HW changes to current locations, so should be correct.

Also, pls note maint tonight:
In order to accompany a temporary halting of the automatic housing removal timer, we will be performing maintenance on all Worlds at the time below. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

*Please see the forum post below for details on the halting of the automatic housing removal timer.

&#12539;Response to the US Hurricanes
&#12288;http://sqex.to/Nbv

* The World Transfer Service will be suspended 30 minutes before the maintenance, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

[Date & Time]
From Sep. 14, 2017 11:00 p.m. to Sep. 15, 2017 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
* Completion time is subject to change.

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV

They're going to shut off housing auto-demolish for a couple of weeks due to the hurricane situation in North America.

which tbh is pretty cool of them and super unexpected.

Squishy3

Oh, that's annoying.
What's the compass?
It should be an item in the key items section of your inventory called the aether compass, you can get a new one from one of the NPCs in The Forgotten Knight in Ishgard if you don't have one because you tossed it away for whatever reason. (The tavern place)

It tells you the general direction and how far away you are from the aether current closest to you.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
One thing SE really needs to do about a week before 4.1 is open up all the housing wards. Then you don't have everyone camping out in ward 1.

Squishy3

One thing SE really needs to do about a week before 4.1 is open up all the housing wards. Then you don't have everyone camping out in ward 1.
Eh, people will be at the Kugane/Shirogane ferry, so it should be split up fairly well. The killer will be load times.

Invest in a SSD and put FFXIV on it boyos. :p

Murkas

My journey started on the 21st of June, out of boredom with no games interesting me and knowing I had a friend who played this on and off for years to coop with, I gave the trial a shot. 3 months later, I've completed the entire storyline (MNK) and liberated Ala Mhigo. Been quite the ride.

Most memorable moment for me was
Haurchefant's
death and then the King Thodran/Knights of the Round trial, was so cool seeing the screen shatter effect when they cast Ultimate End.

Think I prefer HW storyline to SB, but we'll see what the second half on SB will be like as it's probably unfair to compare the complete HW story to SB so far.

Wanted to pose in the flowery garden area at the end where you defeat Zenos but don't think the game lets me go there.

bla_1505728800.png

I suck at screenshots so I'll just put forward the above completing the story celebration pic :(

It should be an item in the key items section of your inventory called the aether compass, you can get a new one from one of the NPCs in The Forgotten Knight in Ishgard if you don't have one because you tossed it away for whatever reason. (The tavern place)

It tells you the general direction and how far away you are from the aether current closest to you.

I love you.

Euphony

Banned
Should I be worried about being overleveled? I fooled around with a lot of the side content after the ARR MSQ while I was doing the 2.1-2.55 patch stuff and I'm way higher than I should be. Right now I'm starting Heavensward with a level 59 RDM that's already halfway to 60.

The stromblood credits are in front of me.

Damn , that was a long ride ( Did from 2.3 to 4.0 worth of content in 3 months ) ..it was awesome but i need a break.

That final battle , I had to use 4 parties... and everyone seems to not like it. It's a good boss when people pay attention.I really liked hien , higiri and gotetsu, the samurai storyline was freaking excellent and i did laugh during the summoner storyline.

Overall i liked stormblood much better than heavensward . heavensward was good but had very bad low key moments ( and awesome moments still to compensate ). Stromblood was much more even.
Lyse should had her final robe much earlier.. she's better in that.
Yotsuyu was fine but should have been better. Excellent introduction , lakcluster end.
Zenos was perfect. Your next main vilain better not disapoint, S-E
Susano is an excellent boss , lakshimi is fine but inferior.

Where can i listen to the stromblood SOUNDTRACK ? it's excellent dammit.

Top Bottom