• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac dev getting tired of coworkers yelling "Xbox OFF" over intercom

Amazing lol.

7nPDBZa.png

s0rg9fW.png

https://twitter.com/deplinenoise

stryke

lol, would have assumed Kinect was smart enough to realize whether the command was coming from someone in front of the camera or not.

Why am I feeling such schadenfreude?

It can all be forgiven if you just bring back Amped (NOT like Amped 3) and Rallisport Pro. Are you listening, Microsoft!?!?

kadotsu

Banned
lol, would have assumed Kinect was smart enough to realize whether the command was coming from someone in front of the camera or not.

They are launching Kinect features in only 5 countries and you think they've already solved user-voice matching.

UNCMark

Banned
So if you're Twitch-ing a live stream of an Xbox One game to a bunch of people watching via the Xbox One Twitch app, can you just shut them down with your voice?

Demon Ice

Banned
Ahahahaha

I thought Kinect was supposed to have some super awesome voice recognition that would make that sort of drive-by trolling less effective?

Artorias

Banned
That is awesome.

I still remember the first time I watched somebody try to control a video with kinect. All I could hear is that awesome circus music the entire time.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
evo 2014

"And daigo is about to land the finishing blow for comeback of the century!!"

"XBOX OFF"

UNCMark

Banned
Does no one remember the story last month about 4 apps running at the same time and a game taking 30-60 seconds to shut down? When asked why it takes that long Albert said it's because a specific amount of time is built into the process to ensure that you actually wanted to shut the game down. The inference being that if someone wants to remotely shut your game down, you're going to have to be ignorant of the fact that its happening.

This is still funny though.

Top Bottom