• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

Doomshine

"a character throwing another person off a cliff into lava"

B9DlRUk.jpg

Sounds like to me we're getting the endings from previous Tekken games as well like in Tag 2. Just a guess.

Would be interesting to see how they integrate these past scenes in the story mode if it's that.

Gaminar

Banned
What's up with Harada's obsession with Bangs for the females?

- Anna
- Lili
- Eliza
- Kazumi

They all look like they have the same hairstyle with length variations and its annoying.

Korigama

Looks like the esrb rating description for Tekken 7 has been revealed.

C8u4TcDV0AEpHXc.jpg

"A man falling face first into a woman's chest." Sounds like classic Harada!
"One cutscene involves pizza, laxatives, gurgling noises, and flatulence as two characters scramble to reach a bathroom."

Sounds like Tekken: 3 Ninjas Edition.

Ryce

What's up with Harada's obsession with Bangs for the females?

- Anna
- Lili
- Eliza
- Kazumi

They all look like they have the same hairstyle with length variations and its annoying.
I don't think Harada designs the characters, and four examples out of Tekken's 20 female characters doesn't strike me as egregious.

Santar

Don't tell me they axed survival and ghost modes?
I mean treasure mode is fun in itself, but I really enjoy the other two modes. Would be a real shame if they are gone.

Gaminar

Banned
I don't think Harada designs the characters, and four examples out of Tekken's 20 female characters doesn't strike me as egregious.

You do know that any critical decision at the end has to be approved by the head honcho right? 4/20 is almost 1/4... almost. It may not bother you but it's absolutely bothersome to me.

DKL

I know the answer is likely no, but is frame data built into the game's training mode?

I don't know why this isn't a standard in all fighting games since it's easier to remember things if you see a number pop out each time you do something ;_;

(they have like button on block or something in other games, but it's easier to just see the damn numbers right away so you don't have to bother experimenting with slower attacks to see what you can get away with)

BigEmil

Don't tell me they axed survival and ghost modes?
I mean treasure mode is fun in itself, but I really enjoy the other two modes. Would be a real shame if they are gone.
Looks like Survival mode is gone and more stuff according to KingJae

https://youtu.be/JbwyXyTrrq0
Anyone getting this on PC? I hope it's not a ghost town
Will pick it up on PC on a sale later but I'm mainly gonna play the PS4 version, I'll play PC version time to time randomly for abit of fun and modding and all but majority of my time will be playing on PS4 version

Number_6

"One cutscene involves pizza, laxatives, gurgling noises, and flatulence as two characters scramble to reach a bathroom."

Sounds like Tekken: 3 Ninjas Edition.

So I came in to reference 3 Ninjas after reading your post. It took me a minute to realize you said Tekken: 3 Ninjas Edition and not Tekken 3: Ninjas Edition.

So has it been confirmed if the story mode is like the one in Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive 5? Because if there's one fighting game out there that would benefit from such a story mode, it's motherfucking Tekken.

farisr

So, being short on funds, I've decided to pick this one up instead of Injustice 2 (despite being interested in both) because I know Injustice 2 is going to do fine sales wise.

I've honestly never really payed attention to the story, and the last Tekken game I actually owned and played through was Tekken 3. I just know the basics of the story through basically osmosis and I do like the characters in general as a result as well. Have watched a couple of the animated movies that have released as well.

So for those that are keeping up, what's the story situation with this game. I know there is a cinematic story mode but I've heard different things. Some folks are saying it is actually going to cover the whole story, some saying it's just covering certain parts from the past, but is mainly a conclusion.

So has any more info been revealed yet in regards to what it covers? What should I check out to catch up?

Top Bottom