• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Here's the full set of minifigures. Like the previous ones you won't know what you're going to get until you open it, and they're like $10 a piece. They all seem to be modeled after the Cute sprays though, based on the Reaper and Zarya ones I've seen (Also there's a good chance these will be exclusive to the Blizzcon store for awhile)

muQlC2e.png

Will they confirm a skin for the digital ticket early or no? Missed out on Bastion last year. :/

There will definitely be something OW related with the ticket, not sure what it would be though. They announced the digital items around this time last year, but since it was the 10th anniversary of Blizzcon the timing might be different this year.

LiK

Here's the full set of minifigures. Like the previous ones you won't know what you're going to get until you open it, and they're like $10 a piece. They all seem to be modeled after the Cute sprays though, based on the Reaper and Zarya ones I've seen (Also there's a good chance these will be exclusive to the Blizzcon store for awhile)

muQlC2e.png

There will definitely be something OW related with the ticket, not sure what it would be though. They announced the digital items around this time last year, but since it was the 10th anniversary of Blizzcon the timing might be different this year.

I honestly wish they weren't in blind boxes. I just wanna buy the OW figures but I also have to get shit from the other IPs.

KyleCross

I got extremely lucky with the Cute But Deadly's. But man is it stressful to drop $10 on something that could be either crap or a repeat. My Walmart ended up discounting them down to $3 a month or so ago, maybe I'll hold out for these to hopefully come to Walmart and become clearance too.

LiK

I bought the blind boxes during a sale last year. I assume they'll do another sale during Blizzcon again. Wait for that.

I am an idiot.

Absolutely dominate on offense (Gibraltar)

No other healers so I went Mercy

An enemy player leaves

Another leaves

Set up at the spawn in defense

Only one enemy player left

Time to dance on the payload

Good dance happening

Junk beside me starts spamming "need healing"

Whatever junk. Their one player isn't leaving the spawn

Keep dancing

"Need healing"

Keep dancing

"You have been removed from the match due to inactivity"

Fuck

LiK

^ LMAO, yea, I had a rando teammate do that once. He was using the Zarya gift box emote and got timed out. I learned to never stop moving when the enemy team drops.

my MMR on ps4 isn't completely fucked like on pc.
300sr from Diamond.
a lot of time on pc it's duo+ bringing their friends rank up and throws the game off.

Would it go against the spirit of competitive if an idle/quit player was replaced by a bot? I mean, even if the bot is set at easy it would still fill in that extra spot.

Veelk

Banned
Would it go against the spirit of competitive if an idle/quit player was replaced by a bot? I mean, even if the bot is set at easy it would still fill in that extra spot.
A bot set to easy would be pure liability and free ult charge for the enemy team. Leavers suck, but better an open spot on your team than an easy bot or medium bot.

A hard bot, maybe, but then you'll have bots being more effective than actual players.

A bit set to easy bot would be pure liability and free ult charge for the enemy team. Leavers suck, but better an open spot on your team than an easy bot or medium bot.

A hard bot, maybe, but then you'll have bots being more effective than actual players.

I hadn't considered the easy ult charge from a bot, you're right. I guess there really isn't a good solution for quitters.

Unless it just immediately ends the game and pairs you up against another team that just lost a team member and keeps whatever advantage/disadvantage either team had. Actually that sounds way too complicated lol

I am an idiot.

Absolutely dominate on offense (Gibraltar)

No other healers so I went Mercy

An enemy player leaves

Another leaves

Set up at the spawn in defense

Only one enemy player left

Time to dance on the payload

Good dance happening

Junk beside me starts spamming "need healing"

Whatever junk. Their one player isn't leaving the spawn

Keep dancing

"Need healing"

Keep dancing

"You have been removed from the match due to inactivity"

Fuck

Brilliant.

A mate of mine once got kicked for inactivity because he was set up as Bastion behind the gate in Hanamura and never saw anyone.

Salarians

I'd want a couple of these but, ugh, blind boxes :/

guess I'll have to hope the ones I want end up on ebay at acceptable prices

Schlep

Up to my season high of 3168 before losing the last match. I've found that duo queuing is a huge advantage (countless people have said it, and now I believe it). Also Orisa is my new tank? She's better than I gave her credit for.

Aww. Thanks! Hopefully they'll announce it. Never bought a Blizzcon digital ticket before.

Chance

Up to my season high of 3168 before losing the last match. I've found that duo queuing is a huge advantage (countless people have said it, and now I believe it). Also Orisa is my new tank? She's better than I gave her credit for.

I think Orisa just needs a Soldier Sprint style ability called Gallop.

Winston, Rein and D.Va all have mobility options to go for health packs, Zarya's shields recharge and Hog's got huff, but when Orisa's in trouble she just dies.

Veelk

Banned
I think Orisa just needs a Soldier Sprint style ability called Gallop.

Winston, Rein and D.Va all have mobility options to go for health packs, Zarya's shields recharge and Hog's got huff, but when Orisa's in trouble she just dies.

She can do the thing where she dies slower!

I think an Orisa rework is coming, personally. She at the very least needs a new Ult since Mercy just does what Orisa does now. My guess is that they're going to change the drum to give people Fortify instead of attack boosting.

But that should also mean her fortify ability turns into something else, and yeah, a mobility ability of some kind would be nice. It's strange that she has 4 legs, yet is among the least mobile of all the tanks. Give the pony some kick!

Depending on what kind of ability it is though, they might have to rework her damage. Her gun is actually pretty good if you can aim with it. A mobility ability might make it OP.

Chance

I think an Orisa rework is coming, personally. She at the very least needs a new Ult since Mercy just does what Orisa does now. My guess is that they're going to change the drum to give people Fortify instead of attack boosting.

That would be really cool and better than what it currently is, IMO.

It would benefit an entire team instead of just DPS/offensive tanks/Zen.

Veelk

Banned
That would be really cool and better than what it currently is, IMO.

It would benefit an entire team instead of just DPS/offensive tanks/Zen.

Yeah. It would even function as a counter to some ults. Currently, if a Zarya lands her graviton, there's no escaping it. But if Orisa can fortify everyone, that would be a cool counter ult to that.

After playing the new XCOM expansion I've decided I want an OW-themed SRPG that takes place during the Omnic Crisis.

I'll see you guys next week when the update hits.

She can do the thing where she dies slower!

But that should also mean her fortify ability turns into something else, and yeah, a mobility ability of some kind would be nice. It's strange that she has 4 legs, yet is among the least mobile of all the tanks. Give the pony some kick!

Depending on what kind of ability it is though, they might have to rework her damage. Her gun is actually pretty good if you can aim with it. A mobility ability might make it OP.
I really want Winston and Orisa to get a Gorilla Punch and Horse Kick, respectively. Something to knock people away so Reaper doesn't eat them alive for free. It could also help initiate a fight by punting a tank into the back ranks of a team. Or punt a DPS or healer into your team for Winston. It would be like a Roadhog hook that's good.

LiK

Blizzcon V-ticket doesn't mention anything about exclusive skins atm. Not gonna pick it up if it doesn't have it.

IISANDERII

My streak theory continues. Tonight I'm losing over and over again. First loss, everyone chose dps. Second, winning, then a teammate randomly switched to widow and we lost. Third, a roadhog kept killing himself and another person went torb and spammed thanks. Fourth, two leavers. Wow.

AND THE FUCKING KICKER IS THAT ANYTIME I TRY TO REPORT SOMEONE IT SAYS "UNABLE TO SEND REPORT AT THIS TIME"
I'm still new to the game and I think the SR system is balls and maybe should emphasize individual relative performance over wins and losses. Thoughts?

Ralemont

not me
I'm still new to the game and I think the SR system is balls and maybe should emphasize individual relative performance over wins and losses. Thoughts?

It's just tough to accurately assess that in such a team-based game. there's little carry potential so DPS needs good team support to get kills, support needs good tanks and anti-flankers to stay alive and therefore get good healing stats, tanks need support and DPSes taking some heat off them to stay alive and protect allies, etc.

Oh boy! The goody bag has an extra blind box figure and a mystery overwatch character hanger along with the Mercy.

I'm such a sucker.

Edit: No reveal for Overwatch, not surprised considering most of the goody bag stuff is Overwatch related, almost to the point of overkill.

Blues1990

I checked the official site. They're selling it now. But all it mentions are the usual stuff you can watch. Maybe they'll announce something later.

Livestream later today with the digital goods.

Fingers crossed for Goliath D.va

Edit: Actually it's about to start right now.

Thank you both for the info.

And it was a waste of time that they didn't reveal all the virtual goodies, as I already knew about the WOW mounts. I wanted to see some Diablo and Overwatch stuff, gosh darn it!

Veelk

Banned
So, question to players who've messed with their aiming settings (particularly console):

Do you have different sensitivity for different heroes?

Or is universality preferable to not mess up your aim when switching between characters?

Chance

So, question to players who've messed with their aiming settings (particularly console):

Or is universality preferable to not mess up your aim when switching between characters?

I have identical aim settings for everyone - but a lot of folks prefer custom for different chars. Having Winston's sensitivity super-high, for example.

Gorillaz

Majority of them

100/100 aim smooth/assist
60/60 hori/vertical sens
E Ramp

Widow/Mccree/hanzo have less auto aim/smooth and Hog has I think 50/50 or 40/40 on sensitivity

antitrop

If you've ever felt bad about losing to Sym/Torb/Orisa, don't worry, Grandmasters can barely beat it either. They have the 3 highest win rates of any heroes in GM. Zenyatta is 4th.

cy3qXV5.png

Top Bottom