• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Gameplay Demonstration YES YES ALL OVER MY OCTOCAM

novery

MOD EDIT:

MGS4 GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE

HD 720p (get this one)
http://gamersyde.com/leech_4141_en.html
(mp4)

"High" Resolution
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22702.html
(quicktime)

All right everybody. Here is the end all, be all thread about Kojima Production's invite-only anniversary shindig in Tokyo next week.

748320th.jpg

THE METAL GEAR 20TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY

Time: Evening of July 24, 2007 (Tokyo Time)
Place: The Ritz Carlton Tokyo
The Festivities:

-Formal attire
-Press from around the world will be attending and covering the event
-Presentation of 20th anniversary branded products, announcement of new Metal Gear Solid series content
-I took a look at the guest list -- we've got some of the biggest names in the Japanese game industry attending
-Really cool video letters from guests who couldn't make it to Tokyo
-Live music and Hidechan talk show
-First look at Metal Gear Online on PS3
-On-stage presentation of Hideo Kojima playing MGS4
-An official statement about MGS: Portable Ops+ -- hope to clarify some things about it
-I'll be carrying my MP3 recorder around the event hall, getting comments from people so I can put together a nice radio program about it

-Link to the KP Report radio page: http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/?lp=1

-Our official event page: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/event2007/

UPDATE: Check out my latest blog post about tonight's event: http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/entry/106.html

rp

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Awesome, awesome, awesome...formal attire, wow.

I'm going to be working on my MGS GAFFAQ today. :D

edit: New series content? As in...new content in the series (like branded items, "document" type things, side games, spin offs?) or content in a new series?

Flo_Evans

Ryan, it been mentioned that you are pushing for a USA release of the Metal Gear Solid 20th Anniversary Collection... Can you give us an under/over chance of that happening?

Umino

Because certain people need something to talk about.
Flo_Evans said:
Ryan, it been mentioned that you are pushing for a USA release of the Metal Gear Solid 20th Anniversary Collection... Can you give us an under/over chance of that happening?

I need TTS on PS2. Screw the haters I need my MGS1 fix.

SRG01

MGO online for all platforms (PS3, 360, WII, PC) confirmed!! :lol

Seriously, please come out on the PC. I'd like to KB/M you. ;)

KTallguy

Banned
I am really looking forward to this. :)
There are almost too many great MP games coming out though! It's kind of overwhelming!

tha_con

Banned
Kuroyume said:
Cool, but I have no faith in this being good based on Subsistence.

Since there is a new 'over the shoulder' camera angle, I think it would feel significantly different.

There's a huge difference between an over the shoulder cam and an overhead 3rd person distant (but adjustable) cam.

All in all, I don't think it'll be that bad, but certainly not anything mind blowing. They really need some objective based games, not just deathmatch.

i.e. It would be awesome to have some co-op modes where you have to sneak into a base, steal some documents, and leave, or rescue someone and help the escape, etc.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Hm, if MGO was a seperate entity, they could keep their promise of MGS4 staying PS3 exclusive yet still bring a MG title to 360. Shrewd.

I had a blast with MGO in Subsistence but have no desire for a PS3 anytime soon, so that would be aces in my book.
tha_con said:
All in all, I don't think it'll be that bad, but certainly not anything mind blowing. They really need some objective based games, not just deathmatch.

i.e. It would be awesome to have some co-op modes where you have to sneak into a base, steal some documents, and leave, or rescue someone and help the escape, etc.
Uh, did you actually play MGO?

Frog

tha_con said:

Isn't that essentially the "Rescue" mission? (One team has to steal the duck from the other team and bring it to the goal)

Edit: beaten...

Chemo

Shig said:
Hm, if MGO was a seperate entity, they could keep their promise of MGS4 staying PS3 exclusive yet still bring a MG title to 360. Shrewd.
This is the kind of shit that makes threads get out of hand... the last thing any Metal Gear thread needs is more discussion about the Xbox 360. How about we just wait for the party?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Chemo said:
This is the kind of shit that makes threads get out of hand... the last thing any Metal Gear thread needs is more discussion about the Xbox 360. How about we just wait for the party?

Heh, yeah. Ryan clearly says PS3 so far, let's chillax. :D

I hope they don't split them. That seems macrotransactionish.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
novery said:
All right everybody. Here is the end all, be all thread about Kojima Production's invite-only anniversary shindig in Tokyo next week.

748320th.jpg

THE METAL GEAR 20TH ANNIVERSARY PARTY

Time: Evening of July 24, 2007 (Tokyo Time)
Place: The Ritz Carlton Tokyo
The Festivities:

-Formal attire
-Press from around the world will be attending and covering the event
-Presentation of 20th anniversary branded products, announcement of new Metal Gear Solid series content
-I took a look at the guest list -- we've got some of the biggest names in the Japanese game industry attending
-Really cool video letters from guests who couldn't make it to Tokyo
-Live music and Hidechan talk show
-First look at Metal Gear Online on PS3
-On-stage presentation of Hideo Kojima playing MGS4
-An official statement about MGS: Portable Ops+ -- hope to clarify some things about it
-I'll be carrying my MP3 recorder around the event hall, getting comments from people so I can put together a nice radio program about it

-Link to the KP Report radio page: http://mp.i-revo.jp/user.php/kp-ryan/?lp=1

-Our official event page: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/event2007/

If I have any new info about the event (that I can reveal), I'll post them in this thread.

Invite only? Shit, I'd make it if I had an invitation. T_T

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Andvary said:
are we getting videos this time Ryan?
Andvary said:
Andvary said:
Andvary said:
Andvary said:
Andvary said:
Andvary said:
Andvary said:

Are we?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Chemo said:
Just speaking hypothetically. This installment of MGO will probably be on the same disc as MGS4, I think they're just saying it's not necessarily tied to the main installments, and could branch off as its own thing later.

on 360 kek kek kek

jjasper

jett said:
MGO is its own game huh? Guess they have to recoup costs somehow. :p

I bet this could be part of it, what if they released MGO this year w/ a MGS4 demo for $39.

I know I'd buy it.

bud

even though i'm not that big of a fan of the mp mode --mgs is an sp game, for me at least-- it's still a nice extra and i'd rather have them include both the mp and sp on the same disc instead of them releasing it seperately.

novery said:

omg :bow

bud said:
even though i'm not that big of a fan of the mp mode --mgs is an sp game, for me at least-- it's still a nice extra and i'd rather have them include both the mp and sp on the same disc instead of them releasing it seperately.

If you listened to the podcast Ryan did with the 1up guys it sounded like it is part of MGS4

Some of the ideas we've had, Sony's been really helpful. They're very excited about it. They're into this game, they want to make it happen, not only the story mode but the online mode.

Top Bottom