• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom coming to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

The more I see this game the more I want it. Perhaps it's because I grew up with 2D fighters but I much prefer them even now compared to 3D fighters. Not to mention 2D games can look great, even beautiful in a way that is different then 3D games.

Do these Vs games tend to have background stories or stories for the characters once they win or is it just fighting and that's it?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Here's that area zommed.

38950245.jpg

Ingrid and new stage.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Ingrid and a new stage...

...or Ingrid from Capcom Fighting All-Stars?

EDIT: Although it looks like Morrigan's portrait is visible in one of those shots.

RedBoot

Well, those are definitely blurry colors that resemble Ingrid.

I still have trouble thinking there could be 2-5 unrevealed characters left. If Yatterman 2, Phoenix, and Ingrid were somehow all real, there'd still be 2 more Tatsunoko characters left if things were going to be balanced.

At least things are interesting now, although if it turns out it's just Yatterman 2 at this point, it might be disappointing.

EDIT: Looking at it now, the lifebars/UI in the "Ingrid" screens doesn't really look like the TvC one, nor any other Ingrid-including fighting game. I wonder if those are screens from an older version of the game that did include Ingrid (and if they are, why would they be cruel enough to taunt us with them?)

Boss Doggie

Nah, Ingrid's in the one player side. I can make out that Player 2 is Morrigan and Roll. However the bar uses TvC CGoH style lifebars.

ezekial45

Banned
Do we know anything about Ingrid? Since CFA didn't happen, it seems like Capcom has had a hard time trying to figure out what to do with her.

This game seems like a good fit, though.

RedBoot

Ookami-kun said:
Nah, Ingrid's in the one player side. I can make out that Player 2 is Morrigan and Roll. However the bar uses TvC CGoH style lifebars.

Eh, I guess you're right. I don't have the DVD case nearby so I was comparing it to Ultimate All Stars screenshots. I still think the clock in particular looks off, but it definitely looks like Morrigan's portrait in the upper right.

I'm really excited about this game and I'm sorry if this question has been addressed before.

Is there a consensus at this point what is the best way/or arcade stick to use to play this game? Ex. Using a convertor from a 360/PS3 arcade stick or using a Wii Arcade stick that is modded.

I'm assuming at this point using the Wii controller won't provide you with much control.

ezekial45

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
Well she's in SFA3U.

FrostuTheNinja said:
And Capcom Fighting Jam.

I know that, but what i'm trying to say is that Ingrid seems like a very underdeveloped character (Haven't played CFJ or SFA3 PSP ver.). I'm just surprised that she hasn't been forgotten and that Capcom is still using her.

Not trying to knock the character or Capcom. Just found it interesting.

GhaleonQ

ezekial45 said:
I know that, but what i'm trying to say is that Ingrid seems like a very underdeveloped character (Haven't played CFJ or SFA3 PSP ver.). I'm just surprised that she hasn't been forgotten and that Capcom is still using her.

Not trying to knock the character or Capcom. Just found it interesting.

Haven't they made their bias toward underutilized characters (well, on the Capcom side) apparent already?

-PXG-

So Ingrid's being added too? But I thought by adding Frank and Zero, taking out Daimao, but adding Joe, Ai (Yatterman 2) and Tekkaman Blade would even it out? Now Capcom has one more character than Tatsunoko. Unless, there is another character that has yet to be announced. That, or Daimao, some how, got back in.

Linkhero1

-PXG- said:
So Ingrid's being added too? But I thought by adding Frank and Zero, taking out Daimao, but adding Joe, Ai (Yatterman 2) and Tekkaman Blade would even it out? Now Capcom has one more character than Tatsunoko. Unless, there is another character that has yet to be announced. That, or Daimao, some how, got back in.
No. This is doesn't mean they're going to be in the game. Besides as others have pointed out they're using assets from TvC CGoH in those shots.

CaVaYeRo

Ysiadmihi said:
So this connects to the Wiimote right? Should work on PC with Glovepie or something too :D

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

My plan is 2 x these joysticks for Wii and then using them for SSFIV when it comes out on PC!

:-0_______

EDIT:

4137011276_01db19352b_b-noscale.jpg

Now that I notice... so we're talking about Euro joysticks here? :D

FHIZ

I really wish they'd make a fight pad for the game. I just cant get used to using joysticks and the classic controller sucks.

Threi

notag
FHIZ said:
I really wish they'd make a fight pad for the game. I just cant get used to using joysticks and the classic controller sucks.
The Classic Controller has a great dpad though...and it's a 4-button fighter so you aren't limited by it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Threi said:
The Classic Controller has a great dpad though...and it's a 4-button fighter so you aren't limited by it.

I'd been assuming the CC's d-pad would be fine for this game. It's not SFIV; it's not as if anybody is gonna be doing FADC 1 frame link combos in TatvC.

Boss Doggie

Milabrega said:
Yeah, Inafune hyped it up a bit during that Mega Man 10 stream.

Oh? Elaborate please.

Kaijima said:
I'd been assuming the CC's d-pad would be fine for this game. It's not SFIV; it's not as if anybody is gonna be doing FADC 1 frame link combos in TatvC.

Nah, but it's still nice that you'd use an arcade stick since it's easier to do combos with them. Oh and try doing Polymar Drill with CC. :p

Threi said:

Different sized buttons aside, the Hori pad for the GCN should work for this game as well, right? Not sure if every third party GCN controller works with Wii games
though I'd assume so

Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know of any good SNES-Wii controller converters? I found this one on PlayAsia but I'm unsure of its quality. One of the reviews said the shoulder buttons got mixed up but it shouldn't be a problem for fighting games since they allow button configuration anyway.

The reason I ask is because I found my old SNES joysticks while cleaning up some old stuff; it'd be great if I could use them for TvC. :D

Little Green Yoda said:
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know of any good SNES-Wii controller converters? I found this one on PlayAsia but I'm unsure of its quality. One of the reviews said the shoulder buttons got mixed up but it shouldn't be a problem for fighting games since they allow button configuration anyway.

The reason I ask is because I found my old SNES joysticks while cleaning up some old stuff; it'd be great if I could use them for TvC. :D

This may work for you.

http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=22&osCsid=a15655331d569b1f9b04c7a5170051bb

Boss Doggie

According to GN, NGamer gave TvC 85%, and it's the highest game reviewed in that magazine for that month.

I wouldn't mind doing an official thread. I've never done one before, but I have some good ideas, and I know how to photoshop.

It wouldn't be as cool as Rez's threads. however.

ShockingAlberto said:
I am greatly confused about this game

Is Capcom trying to keep some of the characters secret until release?

I'm thinking so because I can't remember the last crossover that had uneven sides. MvC1 was uneven sort of if you don't include Onslaught. And Capcom vs SNK 1 (PRO) had uneven sides as well and this includes all playable characters. I think their still holding Ai back though and waiting for an announcement or she could be a DLC. But I think we'll have answers within the next week I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom