• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man design changed for the Mega Man TV Show (2017)

c7xipkau8aaenmsfguou.jpg

Source

Old design:

65acc6cb2abfcd63349a3pou7e.jpg

I guess 52 episodes of 11 minutes?.

Jawmuncher

Finally Mega Man makes his triumphant return

I predict this cartoon will be successful and the face of the series going forward. Leaving all old fans in the dust outside rerelease and cameos.

Mael

Wait... we're not talking about how the initial design changed for a tv show for the better in the 80's?
WTF is the abomination in the OP then?

L Thammy

It looks less like the design changed and more like it's drawn with something other than MS Paint now.

It's not that bad, but Americanized Mega Man still has my stomach churning somehow.

Fisico

It looks slightly better and has more a "Megaman X" feel than the previous one but it still looks bad.
But going from 2/10 to 4/10 is a progress I guess, though in the end since not a single person of the targeted audience is there we won't know until it airs if it's good or not as a character design for the product it is.

EDIT : Lol in fact almost nothing changed for the design, it just has more lighting projected on the model

Well.... that's an improvement.... but a polished shit is still a shit..

Will still watch the first episode but i don't except anything from it

It's an improvement but the size of his head still bothers me. I don't mind super deformed characters but it doesn't really work in this art style.

Jawmuncher

Looks absolutely horrible.

Just Ctrl + C and Ctrl V this:

images

The problem with that is the art style the show is going for. The western look as of late for child animated tv shows isn't lending itself well to action kids fair I say.
The new Ben 10 looks similar to this, and I find that ugly as well.

bethore

I remember seeing that old design before when it was claimed to be the potential new design for a Mega Man reboot game. Hated then and hate it now.

Akai__

The problem with that is the art style the show is going for. The western look as of late for child animated tv shows isn't lending itself well to action kids fair I say.
The new Ben 10 looks similar to this, and I find that ugly as well.

It just hurts my eyes at what they are doing with this. I don't know what Ben 10 is, but I probably agree with you.

Top Bottom