• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 13 |OT| JOIN THE CLUB

Question for those using the PS3 version:

I keep having the quick tactics menu show during matches, but I'm absolutely certain that I'm not pressing the d-pad. Just keeps popping up, not actually switching the tactic, but it's a bit off-putting. Any idea what's up?

I did wonder if it was a controller problem, but nothing occurs during menus.

HenryHSH

i got micro stuttering in offline play... sitting on a ATI 6950

Did you try disabling Windows Aero in the launch screen settings?

Description says: At the time of release, some users may experience micro stuttering during gameplay. By enabling this option your issue may be resolved.

derwalde

Did you try disabling Windows Aero in the launch screen settings?

Description says: At the time of release, some users may experience micro stuttering during gameplay. By enabling this option your issue may be resolved.

of course i did.

just tried using d3doverrider but the micro stuttering remains :/

of course i did.

I did this which I saw on FIFA-Infinty.

If you experience lag use D3DOverrider and enable/force tripple buffering and vsync on FIFA 13 exe. Also enable/force antialiasing on AMD Vision Engine Control Center (AMD/ATI) or Nvidia Control Panel (nVidia).

For those with heavy stuttering/lag:
From the fifaconfig.exe disable MSAA Options and Vsync and thick “Disable Windows Aero Theme”.For rendering quality is up to you how to set it but remember that an old PC would never run FIFA on High!

Now follow the next steps:
Nvidia: Go to your graphic card control panel (right-click on desktop), go to Manage 3D Settings,Program Settings and add the FIFA 13 demo exe and set these settings for it. (At Texture Filtering – Quality put High Performance)

ATI: Get RadeonPro make a profile with the FIFA 13 Demo,select it,click on Profile > Visual and add these settings: Anti-Aliasing = Application Controlled, Anti-Aliasing Filter = Multisampling, Anti-Aliasing Mode = Multi Sample, Anisotropic Filtering = Application Controlled. From the Advance and Tweak tabs turn OFF Vsync & Tripple Buffering.

HenryHSH

Question.

Can we no longer change the position of your created pro? I don't see a way.

You can, but it's an unlockable. Open up EAS FC, go to catalogue, sort by career and buy Edit Player In Career for 2000 fake moneys. Definitely not worth it (in case you're wondering)

brentech

I'm really enjoying the game. I bought Fifa 12 and just wasn't feeling it over Fifa 11. This year, I feel like I'm re-learning the game and have a hard time scoring, but I like the pacing and it seems to play great. Also, no more stutter on the PS3/360 is something that should have happened like, before the game was ever made, but I am amazingly thankful for.

haven't had a single stutter.

adelante

FINALLY got around to play the game, dove straight into Seasons and holy freakin crap they've made this game faster than the demo :( Played six straight hours, got into Division 7, started to keep losing and decided to take a break. Can't wait to start CM with some much-needed slider adjustments

You can, but it's an unlockable. Open up EAS FC, go to catalogue, sort by career and buy Edit Player In Career for 2000 fake moneys. Definitely not worth it (in case you're wondering)

Isn't that just for appearance?

Also, I hope EASFC is not fucked up. Sheffield Wednesday being ranked #1 is pretty dubious.

Jezabel

enjoying the game so far. really like the changes to the interface for UT.

anyone found a good slider mix to use for Career mode?

Damn I'm having a blast with Ultimate Team. Team Franzia just took out an EPL 100 chem Gold Team 5-1. Shows what happens when you have Daddy's credit card but no skill to show up.

My top scorer is Billy Ketkeophomphone with 22 goals in 13 games. That name is not a joke either.

derwalde

of course i did.

here is what i did to fix the micro stuttering, just in case anyone else has problems.

disabling vsync and MSAA in the fifa launcher and forcing SSAA and vsync in RadeonPro. SSAA works flawless and no more microstuttering for me.

derwalde

here is what i did to fix the micro stuttering, just in case anyone else has problems.

disabling vsync and MSAA in the fifa launcher and forcing SSAA and vsync in RadeonPro. SSAA works flawless and no more microstuttering for me.

double post T_T

is there a way to show the 360 pad and icons instead of the logitech ones in the PC version?

Huge change from 10, which is the last I bought. In terms of game play, all positive. The tackling and momentum feels great. New game modes are all great fun as well.

But damn, everything that surrounds the gameplay is so much worse. The menus are really convoluted, it seems modes are just chucked in categories at random. And the multiple online services you need to connect to are the most intrusive I've seen.

Overall happy with the purchase, but it's really frustrating me.

Shawn6661

How do you play a ranked game exactly ? Do I have to go into the Seasons menu ? I dont see any ranked games in the Xbox Live menu.

Thats a pretty good team.

Aww man. Team Franzia lost a one goal thriller to a Ligue 1 gold team. It sucked to loss, but it was a blast because I was on the verge of scoring the entire game.

Ever since Thursday, when I try to log onto the web app, it tells me that my account is locked. When I go to FUT on a console, it makes me change my "security question" every time I boot it up. This is lame. Looks like a lot of other people online are affected by the same bug.

I tried speaking to a few EA reps about it, but they were completely useless and couldn't help me. It was quite frustrating, since they wouldn't admit it. But anyways, this probably means I won't be doing FUT this year until they fix it. Their loss.

I've had the same problem. I'm waiting for a patch to fix it. Kind of sucks because I can't do much trading, but I'm doing alright in UT so I'm not complaining much.

The lack of injuries is quite annoying in UT as I have loads of injury cards I want to sell. My teams doing quite well though, I'm gradually building a BBVA/Spainish team. Having a 300c second team is also pretty good for giving the players rest.

LegoArmo

Won the quadruple with United in my first career season on Pro. I could barely win a game on that difficulty on FIFA 12, most ended 0-0. Did they make it easier?

Should I play as a worse team, or move up to World Class?

Servers down for PC? Haven't been able to get into a match for 40 minutes, and it hasn't been working that good for the whole evening...

k0ji-wd

Hey Awesome. . .put up some shit bronze card for 30k, make it a day and pm the card, I got 25k with your name on it bitch.

Had some nice players in packs.

David Silva
Cavarni
Torres
Corzola
KP Boateng
Micah Richards

Plus plenty of others that sold between 5 and 15k.

What you guys had?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
PS3 GAF reporting in: We made it to division 8 (almost division 7, will need to wait until next time though). How is PC360 GAF faring?

HenryHSH

PS3 GAF reporting in: We made it to division 8 (almost division 7, will need to wait until next time though). How is PC360 GAF faring?

Made division 7. Got relegated to Div 8 by 1 point.

It's hard to get a good team together because there's so many of us. It seems whenever we're on a roll, more people show up and the chemistry goes away.

Also, first touch is a little ridiculous, especially when you go up against a team with high rated players...

I love this game, but I also hate it so, so much.

Top Bottom