• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta - PS4/PS3 comparisson.

Guymelef

Man, can't believe how bad is come back to DS 3 for aiming.
More:
http://guymelef.minus.com/mwPLR8yE37Pmm

iEcqwWTi0TLK1.png

ibovigPCP3HrGg.png

ihTbCOK4n5gyY.png

iCredw3F9VQvt.png

iCCd1qDFBXyOc.png

ijGUHBoidseue.png

i9AJXd3WDd6nk.png

iYfwM22nvDo2H.png

SDCowboy

Going by those pics, it looks like hell on PS3. Yikes. This is one of those games I think that just has to be played on the current gen consoles.

Sothpaw

Doesn't look that different. As long as the performance is good then I don't think PS3 players are missing much.

EGOMON

Given PS3 hardware thats really not bad well done Bungie people on last gen consoles can enjoy Destiny experience without worrying about upgrading

Nephtes

I'm absolutely floored with how good last Gen looks still all these years later.

It's kind of not surprising looking at the screen compares why the PS4 and Xbox One AREN'T more powerful than they are.

El_Chino

I was expecting worse so I'm glad the last gen versions are decent enough. Looking forward to the 360 vs XONE comparisons.

Dat 8-bit era shadow ...thought that was part of the gun or something lol

Otherwise looks pretty good but how is the performance?

Looks pretty good on PS3. I'm guessing the biggest difference would be in performance.
I was told Bungie's main mission with the last-gen versions is performance> visuals so I'm thinking the biggest difference will just be the graphics.

At first glance I thought the top screens were ps3 and the bottom ones were ps4 because the colors seem to pop more on the top screens. After seeing that last shadow I realized how wrong I was and then looking back through them I could see the differences more clearly.

I think ps3 players appear to be getting a pretty solid game overall, just don't look at your shadows!

Anth0ny

I came home for lunch, downloaded the beta, and went back to work. Looking forward to trying it tonight on PS3. Can I use my DS4 on the PS3 version?

Ridley327

Is it sub-HD on the PS3? It has that look about it.

Assets seem to compare favorably well, shadow resolution (or lack thereof) aside.

Manu

I was told Bungie's main mission with the last-gen versions is performance> visuals so I'm thinking the biggest difference will just be the graphics.

Makes you wonder then why the new gen versions are still 30fps when the graphical difference isn't so big (at least not apparently).

Makes you wonder then why the new gen versions are still 30fps when the graphical difference isn't so big (at least not apparently).
I guess that's a subjective thing depending on who you talk to. There's a lot that's different visually between versions, AA, resolution, particle effects, texture detail, load times, lighting, etc.

Parity.

I have a beta code but no longer have my PS4. Not sure if I should try to stomach the last gen version or just try to forget about Destiny until I have a PS4 again :/

Top Bottom