• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players seem to believe there's another patch coming before CPT.

I'd like to believe them, but man if players ain't wrong about things. Like Xian was told about the frames being down to 4 or something.

Besides, I don't expect major changes. Like decreasing the crazy things of the upper tiers and buffing FANG, Alex, and Nash.

Skilletor

Can I recommend adding a few different sticks? TE2+ and TE-S have known PCB issues. Lots of people in SF5 threads and around the web have had issues with them.

Razer Panthera:

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-controllers/razer-panthera

Qanba Crystal:

https://arcadeshock.com/collections...roducts/qanba-crystal-arcade-stick-ps4-ps3-pc

Qanba Obsidian:

https://www.focusattack.com/qanba-obsidian-ps3-ps4-pc-fightstick-pre-order/

Qanba Dragon:

https://arcadeshock.com/products/qanba-dragon-fight-stick-ps4-ps3-pc-w-x-input

Razer has replaced the TE2 for me. Such a great damn stick.

kobu

Never even noticed there was a final bosses list. I made it to platinum like six moths ago and I'm not on there.

Edzi

Can I recommend adding a few different sticks? TE2+ and TE-S have known PCB issues. Lots of people in SF5 threads and around the web have had issues with them.

Razer Panthera:

Qanba Crystal:

https://arcadeshock.com/collections...roducts/qanba-crystal-arcade-stick-ps4-ps3-pc

Qanba Obsidian:

Qanba Dragon:

Agreed that the MCZ sticks need to be removed, though I wouldn't recommend the Crystal if you plan on playing on PC. In my brief time with it there seemed to be a lot of driver related issues.

Never even noticed there was a final bosses list. I made it to platinum like six moths ago and I'm not on there.

It definitely needs an update. I made it to platinum a couple weeks ago, though I haven't really played ranked since so I don't know how fraudulent it is now.

Skilletor

Agreed that the MCZ sticks need to be removed, though I wouldn't recommend the Crystal if you plan on playing on PC. In my brief time with it there seemed to be a lot of driver related issues.

/nod

Haven't paid attention to it myself. Good to know.

24hr

If any newish players want a few games sometime give me an add, I need to play people around my level. My id is theKinq

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
What's the opinion on Akuma now? I feel like he's just kind of boring?!

Yeah he has some fun looking combos, but they are all just going for the same damn meaty every single time...

Yeah he has some fun looking combos, but they are all just going for the same damn meaty every single time...

95% of Akumii I've fought use the exact same tactic of fishing for a knockdown and then doing meaty crHP into Demon Flip pressure, repeat ad infinitum. It's so boring to fight against, especially if the character I'm playing has a good anti-air button cuz no matter how much I pluck them from the air they keep on flippin'.

Edzi

From what I've been hearing on twitter, it seems like he's been demoted to mid/lower mid tier. People seemed to have figured out most of his possible approaches, and while he can be very explosive with his offense, his normals are pretty short range (even by SFV standards) and I don't think his options justify his low health.

Skilletor

From what I've been hearing on twitter, it seems like he's been demoted to mid/lower mid tier. People seemed to have figured out most of his possible approaches, and while he can be very explosive with his offense, his normals are pretty short range (even by SFV standards) and I don't think his options justify his low health.

Pretty much.

But I'm going to get to platinum with him because...reasons?

I don't know.

Guile and Gief feel impossible, though. Guile is worse. I can zone gief and play patient. I can't do shit vs. Guile's booms and flashkick with my stubby normals and slow ass fireball.

mbpm1

DLC life falls harder on some than others

Edzi

Pretty much.

But I'm going to get to platinum with him because...reasons?

I don't know.

Guile and Gief feel impossible, though. Guile is worse. I can zone gief and play patient. I can't do shit vs. Guile's booms and flashkick with my stubby normals and slow ass fireball.

Why not pick up Ibuki again? She seems pretty good now.

tfw you hit that mind's eye shit and overhead into v-trigger combo and pin them against the wall

Man Rog just speaks to me. It's really hard juggling three characters when you are so decent at one and the other two are too far behind.

Buff the weak, leave the strong alone.

Even if you gave people strong tools, people who don't like the strong aren't gonna like them regardless. But that being said, I agree with this. Save FANG, Capcom.

Cant wait for more laura guile and urien buffs and alex fang gief nerfs.

Gief? I think you are mistaken. Gief is good now.

Edzi

This is true to an extent, but I want characters like Laura nerfed. That stuff isn't fun and it just feels cheap. There has to be a way of making characters like that not feel so busted without neutering them.

Femto.

Cant wait for more laura guile and urien buffs and alex fang gief nerfs.
I'm still upset over Alex and I don't understand the V-gauge change to Guile.

Even if you gave people strong tools, people who don't like the strong aren't gonna like them regardless. But that being said, I agree with this. Save FANG, Capcom.
Those people will never be satisfied the way I see it. People who want to get good are going to get good out of sheer will.

This is true to an extent, but I want characters like Laura nerfed. That stuff isn't fun and it just feels cheap. There has to be a way of making characters like that not feel so busted without neutering them.

I agree that Laura can feel cheap at times but I don't know if Capcom knows how to nerf without destroying strong characters, look at Nash. I'd rather leave her as it is and just learn the match up tbh. Along with weaker characters getting new tools.

I find it kinda interesting how rarely Crusher uses Bull Horn compared to other pro Birdies. He's much more content to just wait out fireball users or catch them at max range with sweep rather than try to bust through them with BH.

It's always neat seeing all of the different ways that people can play the same character. Keeps things feeling fresh despite SFV's less-complex mechanics.

Mr. X

I agree with the sentiment but overall I'd like stronger neutral and def options in exchange for oki.

I like how Guile, Urien, Rog, Cammy, Ibuki, Necalli turned out in the ways they're strong. Laura needs to be less one dimensional if they do anything to her.

I'd say he's at least mid.

I'm still upset over Alex and I don't understand the V-gauge change to Guile.

Those people will never be satisfied the way I see it. People who want to get good are going to get good out of sheer will.

I agree that Laura can feel cheap at times but I don't know if Capcom knows how to nerf without destroying strong characters, look at Nash. I'd rather leave her as it is and just learn the match up tbh. Along with weaker characters getting new tools.

Yeah, that's true. I think it's just social media/salt broadcasting too much hate when really I think people would like an equalized game by buffing the weak. I do want people to spend more time learning the character rather than giving up, so if they have to nerf, let it be minor.

Funny, we just had a video about that and people on my Twitter were going crazy saying YEAH BUFFS YEAH, but the same people want nerfs all over the place.

I find it kinda interesting how rarely Crusher uses Bull Horn compared to other pro Birdies. He's much more content to just wait out fireball users or catch them at max range with sweep rather than try to bust through them with BH.

It's always neat seeing all of the different ways that people can play the same character. Keeps things feeling fresh despite SFV's less-complex mechanics.

I love watching all the different Rogs play. Some are reliant on comebacks, some love being annoying and jabbing people out and frustrating their opponents, others you see being more patient.

Even Akuma, with all his combos, seems like people are playing him differently. Tokido's is definitely my favorite, so aggressive and technical.

tumblr_okm1k5aQoj1usrgjso1_540.gif

Razer Panthera:

Qanba Crystal:

Qanba Obsidian:

Qanba Dragon:

Was going to post something like this as well.

Thanks for looking out Skilletor!

I finally said fuck it and decided to go back to Ranked to go up to Sliver. I've been switching around characters so I kinda tanked myself, and went to Rog again.

Fucking all Slivers and one Super Sliver. Put them in a bodybag and I'm finally Sliver.

Now I can chill in Casuals for another month because fuck Ranked.

MrCarter

I was playing Birdie all day yesterday. I love his damn animations. Alot of character.

Seriously. I saw some Injustice 2 earlier and then came into this thread and saw that gif, the difference is night and day. It's one of the reasons why I'm excited to see the newcomers due to how well Capcom give its roster, as you mentioned, character, and fluidity of animation.

MrCarter

I finally said fuck it and decided to go back to Ranked to go up to Sliver. I've been switching around characters so I kinda tanked myself, and went to Rog again.

Fucking all Slivers and one Super Sliver. Put them in a bodybag and I'm finally Sliver.

Get to Super Silver at least ;)

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Thought you was joining the bipson army?

Seriously. I saw some Injustice 2 earlier and then came into this thread and saw that gif, the difference is night and day. It's one of the reasons why I'm excited to see the newcomers due to how well Capcom give its roster, as you mentioned, character, and fluidity of animation.

I go off on this alot, but I don't like how NRS animates their characters.I am always disappointed a little in my heart when I see Injustice, as I love DC characters (and especially the DCAU) and to me me, they just don't feel super alive or full of character. I just don't like how they move around. Superman/supergirl feel specially off. So stiff.

It's been brought up before, but I love how Marvel 3 feels (even if I don't like the rules of the sandbox they are playing in). I feel like I am playing a super hero. Feels fluid. I don't get that with Injustice.

I'm still gonna get I2 at some point, but my dream is for Capcom to get to do a DC game.

O yea, I trailed off topic, haha. I look forward to the DLC characters too, to see the new animations.

Pompadour

I go off on this alot, but I don't like how NRS animates their characters.I am always disappointed a little in my heart when I see Injustice, as I love DC characters (and especially the DCAU) and to me me, they just don't feel super alive or full of character. I just don't like how they move around. Superman/supergirl feel specially off. So stiff.

It's been brought up before, but I love how Marvel 3 feels (even if I don't like the rules of the sandbox they are playing in). I feel like I am playing a super hero. Feels fluid. I don't get that with Injustice.

I'm still gonna get I2 at some point, but my dream is for Capcom to get to do a DC game.

Yeah, NRS animations are dogshit except for some of the more cinematic stuff. They excel at everything aside from the actual gameplay and how the gameplay looks and feels.

I'm in the same boat. I feel like one of those shitposters who chime in fighting game threads with "I'll wait for the Super Ultra version" as that's how I handle NRS games. I'll pick the GOTY version up for $20 so I can dick around with it for a weekend.

MrCarter

I think that's a LOT of people's dream to be fair. But yes, I've always felt sort of "Meh" when it comes to NRS and Injustice. Even the way Batman and Supermans cape is animated just irks me. For me, Capcom games like Street Fighter VS X-Men was something that actually got me into the Marvel universe - which is a testament to how well they bring each character alive because they make it look so authentic.

I just can't do that NRS feel, way too foreign to me and it just kinda puts me off immediately. But I also don't really like super heroes period so even MvC is kinda off putting to me personally. Stupid bias, I know.

As a FANG player, and I supposed to be getting smashed by Zangief? He pretty much does what he wants with me the entire match. What's the match up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom