• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results For April 2017 [Up: Sony and Microsoft now sharing digital numbers]

Eolz

NES Classic was #2 this month?! Wow lol
Also for P5, seen some people understand it as being 5x P4 LTD. Obviously not the case. Doubt we have debut numbers for it on PS2?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
”Persona 5 experienced the strongest debut month for any title in Persona franchise history, with packaged dollar sales five times that of the previous best-selling debut, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4," said Piscatella.

How does this translate to unit sales, considering P5 is $60 retail and the previous PS2 games were cheaper for their release?

I expect it to be higher unit-wise as well, just that the use of "packaged dollar sales" seemed like a particular specific term to be used.

Surprise Zelda is third, well maybe not too surprise.

Still need to buy Persona 5, but probably gonna wait until the future. Gotta a feeling it might get a Golden type game

Vinc

Persona 5, one of the best games ever made, gets rewarded. That's great. I wonder how it compares to their expectations.

megalowho

Awesome top 3, two massive single player games beating out the rest even with digital excluded. Good on Nintendo and go Persona 5.

Scoops

Banned
The NES is the #2 console in North America

what_year_is_it.jpg

Keyouta

Nice to see Mario Kart reign while Persona gets it's best debut ever in the series. Lots of Japanese games.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Best Top 3 in a while.
3DS and Vita

Mario Sports Superstars
Pokemon Sun
Pokemon Moon
Super Mario Maker
Poochy and Yoshi's Wooly World
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 7
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2

Thats mean.....lol.

Oh shit @ Persona. That's a mighty good result. I think P4G really did help build franchise momentum, even if it was on an unpopular system.

Nier and Persona both performing so strongly this year has just been music to my ears.

Man, Japanese games are killing it this year. Such a nice change from the usual rather predictable outcomes.

It's going to be pretty interesting to see how the Switch holds up for the rest of the year as well... Looking very promising!

Curufinwe

How does this translate to unit sales, considering P5 is $60 retail? The previous PS2 games were cheaper on release obviously.

I expect it to be higher unit-wise as well, just that the use of "packaged dollar sales" seemed like a particular specific term to be used.

I guess since P4 was $40, and P5 was $60, P5 getting five times the revenue means it sold 3.33 times as many units.

From humble beginnings...

persona-3-movie-1-makoto-yuki-evoker.gif

Jumeira

Banned
Publishers seeing old titles come to life, in digital format! Blops 2 is significant, my god. Now it's time to play ball with MS and open your catalogue for BC guys (praying for OG Xbox releases, PD Orta)

Kyougar

Does it even say which Publishers contribute to the metrics?

PC sales according to NPD are down 57% for a measly 11 Mio $

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS alone has 1.8 Million sold until first of may (dont know the exact cutout date for NPD)
If we go for the normal 60% of users from the US, thats 1.08 Million copies for that timeframe.

So 32 Million $ from PUB alone.

Top Bottom