• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 FW 4.45 coming - Trophy notification toggle [Warning: Update bricking PS3s?]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Fix is out, http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=605466 for more info and steps on how to fix your PS3

------
FIX COMING JUNE 27

e: [System Software Update] PS3 v.4.45 - SCEA Update
Options
‎06-21-2013 08:02 AM

Hi all,

Here is the latest on this issue:

We have identified the issue related to the PlayStation 3 software update (version 4.45) that impacted a small number of PS3 systems earlier this week. A new PS3 system software update is planned to be released on June 27 that resolves the issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.

If there is any further updates between now and 6/27, we will drop them here.

We will also update on 6/27 when it is available, and steps on how to implement the solution.

Thank you
- morgan haro / mochuuu, SCEA PSN Community Management Team, @morganharo

---

http://community.us.playstation.com...PS3-v-4-45-SCEA-Update/m-p/40721809#U40721809

System Software Update] PS3 v.4.45 - SCEA Update [ Edited ]
Options
‎06-19-2013 09:46 AM - edited ‎06-19-2013 09:49 AM

Hey everyone,

We are aware of reports that the recent PlayStation 3 system software update (version 4.45) has caused the XMB to not display on a small number of PS3 systems. We have temporarily taken 4.45 offline and are investigating the cause of the problem. We will announce when the system update is available for download as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

When we have updates, I'll add them to this thread. In the meantime, you can go to this open community thread to add your feedback:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Support/Problem-after-update-to-4-45/td-p/40712...

Replies are blocked so as to make it easy for you to subscribe to this thread to receive updates from PSN Staff when we update this thread. Click the 'Options' above and click 'Subscribe' to track this thread. Please check your notification settings under 'My Settings' to determine when you will receive emails from subscribing to threads in Playstation Community Forums. The default option is 'immediate', but can be set to be 'daily' or 'weekly'.

Q&A:
=====================================================
Q1. I updated my PS3 to version 4.45, and now the XMB is not being displayed and I cannot play anything on my system. Why?
We are currently conducting investigations to determine the cause of this problem. We will announce further information, including additional updates, when ready.

Q2. Version 4.45 has been taken off line, but if users have already updated to the new version and they are experiencing problems, what can they do?
We kindly ask PS3 users to wait for further details. We will announce when ready.

Q3. Were you not able to predict that such an issue may occur? Do you perform appropriate verification tests before releasing updates?
SCE constantly performs appropriate verifications tests for system software updates, and strives to improve and offer quality service.
We are currently conducting investigations to determine the cause of this problem. We will announce further information, including additional updates, when ready.

Q4. How many users were affected by this update?
We are currently confirming the number.

Q5. I read in the web that the PS3 system with 500GB HDD were affected. Is this true?
We are currently conducting investigations to determine the cause of this problem.

Q6. Have you already found a solution to this problem?
We kindly ask PS3 users to wait for further details. We will announce when ready.

Q7. How are the customer service teams responding to consumer inquiries right now?
=====================================================

--------------------
Update: Sony has rolled back to FW 4.41.

--

Edit: People are reporting problems booting up the PS3 after the update
http://community.us.playstation.com...rt/Problem-after-update-to-4-45/td-p/40712247

If your PS3 is bricked, report your PS3 Model and HDD size
DO NOT UPDATE TO 4.45, PEOPLE ARE GETTING BRICKED PS3S

So far, it sounds like people with 1TB HDDs or a large hard drive (greater than 500 GB) are being affected

We should put out more data like:

Problem with FW 4.45? (choose one):
* Yes
* No

HDD (choose one):
* Custom (please state GB)
* Factory (please state GB)

PS3 type (choose one):
* Fat with backward compatible
* Fat without backward compatible
* Slim 1
* Slim 2

PS3 Region (choose one):
* US
* UK
* AUS
* JPN
* Other (state)?

----

@PlayStation 5:00 PM
PS3 system software update 4.45 coming soon, Trophy notification options and improved system stability are on the way

y2e12pu.jpg

BigDug13

Hopefully it fixes the problem of the system getting locked into "please wait" when adding two things to background downloads.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Hopefully there's a way to make my trophy notifications even bigger. Or be able to send my notifications to everyone on my friends list in real time.

My PS3 did just reboot twice trying to update The Last of Us to 1.01 for some reason. So yay updates.

Wait longer before you choose to install the patch.

When the prompt comes up, oddly enough, the games still run in the background, so a lot of processes are still running.

My PS3 sounds like a jet these days or maybe it always did but i now notice it due to PS3 Super Slim i traded for 3DS XL. (Extra one)

I will turn off trophies if possible. thanks

Top Bottom