• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

jonjonaug

Oh , i think i started the game without selecting the burial gift, is it really important? Should i start over?

Not really? The only good ones are the Fire Gem (can infuse weapon into Fire or Raw as soon as the tutorial is finished instead of 1-2 hours in) and the Life Ring (also can be picked up fairly early on, and while helpful it isn't THAT helpful).

Oh , i think i started the game without selecting the burial gift, is it really important? Should i start over?

eh not really. You can obtain everything except the Sovereignless Soul through regular gameplay. The only two really good items there are the Sovereignless Soul which gives 2k souls, or the life ring that gives you a little boost to HP.
Yeah it's hard to trust Patches these days.

I see what you did there.

silva1991

Did you put on the Rosaria's Finger?

No.

turned out I needed to go back to firelink and warp back for her summon to appear

it's weird that using homwardbone didn't do the trick.

You need to find and pick up a Budding Green Blossom before this will happen. If you already have one in your inventory and it's still not showing up, I dunno man.

this is a new one :O

I do have one of them

Meccs

You need to find and pick up a Budding Green Blossom before this will happen. If you already have one in your inventory and it's still not showing up, I dunno man.
You don't actually need that. I never bought it on different characters.

Meccs

No.

turned out I needed to go back to firelink and warp back for her summon to appear

Resting at the nearest Bonfire does the trick too. I added that to my posting, probably after you read it.

jonjonaug

You don't actually need that. I never bought it on different characters.

You can't buy it until later in her questline, and there's only one of them. There's one that you pick up early in the Irithyll of the Boreal Valley area.

No.

this is a new one :O

I do have one of them

Ah, yeah. You'd also need to refresh the area.

Jingo

eh not really. You can obtain everything except the Sovereignless Soul through regular gameplay. The only two really good items there are the Sovereignless Soul which gives 2k souls, or the life ring that gives you a little boost to HP.

Hum i could see myself starting since that item would be helpfull for farming no?

KHlover

Banned
WOO, just one-shotted
Aldrich
in NG+. Considering I didn't manage to beat him in NG without a summon I'm a bit astonished. Greatsword continues to slay.

Also, now that I quickly approach

40 STR / 40 DEX / 40 INT, which infusion would you guys recommend?

Unai

People who die on purpose to lose their ember status or play offline always make me laugh. Why not fight or play with invaders to see what happens? Dying isn't a big deal, don't walk around with too many souls or you can just pull the invader back near a bonfire for easy retrieval. And if you are embered it is very easy to summon backup. Just try it sometime, might learn something, or even experience fun.

I won't make anyone play the game a certain way but I can certainly laugh at how ridiculous people are about avoiding invasions.

I really love the PvP in the Souls series, but I can't stand invasions. I hate them so much. I don't invade either. It's not a matter of dying or not, but just something I don't like. I play these games really slow even after I have already finished them once. I like to take in the word, the views, look for things that I haven't seem before, etc. Invaders break the pace about how I like to enjoy these games.

Red soap signs all the way for me.

I just wish there was a quicker way to do PvP. It's so damn tedious when I place my red soapstone down, wait a few minutes (or longer), get summoned, run to find my opponent... only to immediately get parried and killed by a BKGA.

If there was a deathmatch area where you could quickly spawn and get right back into a battle that would be great.

Interesting note, in the A
ldrich
boss fight, the pillars block his arrows. Good luck getting any of them to survive, but still. They actually originate from a specific point which is why this works but also might explain some of the weird tracking that move has too.

test_account

XP-39C²
I got the platinum trophy yesterday. Started with a new character just to test if i can get more auto summons on a lower level. Otherwise i'm pretty much done with the game until the DLC comes.

An excellent game! Only thing i miss is some challenges that Dark Souls 2 had (no bonfire and no death run). It would be cool if you got some unique armor or something for beating the game with the Calamity Ring for example. I also wouldnt mind if Bonfire Ascetic was in the game. Then i would have popped it at Anor Londo and used Dry Fingers and Way of Blue. Cool to get a 3vs3 fight going :) Now i need to go into NG+++ if i want to do that.

Ferr986

I feel like making my Pyromancer a fire witch cosplay.

this is my piro (newest character I did).

DaLV8KT.jpg

More like a Bloodborneish style.... with a witch hat lol

Wondering if I should stop at 50 or just keep going. She's kinda weak meeleing but Chaos Fireball is really good at these levels (dunno if it will keep being this good at higher levels).

I feel like I wasted too much levels for the Carthus blade but I was bored to use yet another straight sword (raw Astora).

Meccs

Holy crap, kinda impressed with myself. I did beat Dancer early at SL40 with a +3 weapon (Dark Magic Buff). No Sword Master cheese! Took only three tries.

Holy crap, kinda impressed with myself. I did beat Dancer early at SL40 with a +3 weapon (Dark Magic Buff). No Sword Master cheese! Took only three tries.

Solo? If so, damnnnnnn. I forgot what level I was, but I was around the level I should be because there were dozens of summon signs.

Got a shit tonne of embers. But no friends to invade!

What do you play on?

Side note, as far as covenant item drops go, so far I find
Pale tounges
to be the most common, followed by
Human dregs
. I haven't really tried for
Vertabrates or the grass so no clue on those but I only ever got on concord from the many slaughterings of silver knights

Meccs

Solo? If so, damnnnnnn. I forgot what level I was, but I was around the level I should be because there were dozens of summon signs.
Yeah solo. There are no signs at this level. She takes pretty decent damage (for that soul level and weapon upgrade) if you buff your weapon with magic. The main issue was the grab, she did one shot me with that. Now I'm rocking the dancer set with SL43 (I got 66k souls from her) without trading :p

MilkBeard

Made the Wall of shame this time, woot.

I put around 150 hours into the game. I've retired my DSIII playing until the dlc (it can't come soon enough). Around then I'll probably pick it back up and finish for the platinum as well.

Good game, it ended too soon.

Made the Wall of shame this time, woot.

I put around 150 hours into the game. I've retired my DSIII playing until the dlc (it can't come soon enough). Around then I'll probably pick it back up and finish for the platinum as well.

Good game, it ended too soon.

I can't see the wall of shame :(.

Yeah this game took me less than 40hrs to beat, while DaS 2 took 80 freaking hours, without DLC.

KHlover

Banned
I can't see the wall of shame :(.

Yeah this game took me less than 40hrs to beat, while DaS 2 took 80 freaking hours, without DLC.

My main chara has 75 hours now and I'm 90% through NG+ (only
Yhorm
and
Princes
missing, got the bonfire near the
Archives
and in the
Profaned Capital
already).

Dark Souls 1 NG (to be fair, including DLC) took me 80 hours with a single character.

My main chara has 75 hours now and I'm 90% through NG+ (only
Yhorm
and
Princes
missing, got the bonfire near the
Archives
and in the
Profaned Capital
already).

Dark Souls 1 NG (to be fair, including DLC) took me 80 hours with a single character.

I'm still in NG because I'm grinding for covenant items first, my main guy has like 90 hrs, most of it is co-oping or doing some pvp.

I see people summon 2+ summons. Whenever I summon 1 all other summon signs vanish. What gives?

A lot of the time when you see a summon sign chances are the person has already been summoned elsewhere and their sign lingers. You can tell by the "unable to summon phantom" that is very frequent. I guess when you summon someone, it refreshes. Also, if you use
Dried Finger you can summon up to three phantoms, but it also opens one more invasion slot

laxu

Man the bigass weapons in this game really suck. Wanted to try
the Dragonslayer Greataxe so I farmed the 3 winged knights until I got my strength to 40
. Alas, I've been spoiled by the Dark Sword and none of the big weapons do as much damage per second and since you can't usually tank a single hit in this game they're not that fun.

I really wonder where they went wrong considering in Bloodborne you could find every weapon useful if you learrned to play with it.

Top Bottom