• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper told me to drop dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camjo-Z

I wasn't going to post this on NeoGAF originally, but it's gotten so ridiculous that I just had to share it. I know you all enjoy a good scandal so I thought you might find this amusing.

As some of you probably know, I'm a huge PaRappa fan, possibly the biggest on NeoGAF! I can't wait for the third installment. Back when PlayStation All-Stars was coming out in 2012, I decided to do a fan cartoon about him. It was going to be pretty badass, and the only thing that would make it even MORE badass is if I got Dred Foxx, the original voice of PaRappa to do his lines! So I joined the PaRappa Facebook Fan Page to ask him...

Little did I know it would lead to Dred stealing $100 from my friend and I, an attempt to turn the fanbase against me, and an insult-laden tirade where he simply goes bonkers.

http://parappathescammer.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately the Facebook page where much of the best stuff is located has been made invite-only, but above is a blog where I've detailed all of the main events that have happened in the time since it all began. Honestly I can't do the whole thing justice in a single OP, but here are just a few of the juiciest tidbits:

dred+final+message.png

Screen+Shot+2014-03-08+at+10.01.25+PM.png

Screen+Shot+2014-03-08+at+10.39.41+PM.png

Please check it out, I hope it is as entertaining for you all to read as it was aggravating for me to deal with.

Omega

Banned
I don't know what's more shocking.

That he told you to drop dead, insults his fans, or that he actually has fans.

Did they pitch-shift his voice or does he really sound like Parappa?
Because his posts read a lot more hilarious in Parappa's high-pitched voice.

btw I'd also love to see a new Parappa game. If they did it on PS4 it could look perfect.

Is he like, one of those washed up "stars" that did one thing that people know about, but nobody necessarily knows it was him that was a part of it and he's self entitled because he was involved in something cool?

kick punch its all in the mind
he stole your money and kicked you in the behind
look deeper and i'm sure you'll find
sony knew about this and co-signed

Camjo-Z

"You are a virus that needs antibiotics".

This is hilarious to me for many reasons.

My personal favorite is "the devil is a busy liar so I'mma chill before I dump a chicken in the fryer".

Did they pitch-shift his voice or does he really sound like Parappa?
Because his posts read a lot more hilarious in Parappa's high-pitched voice.

btw I'd also love to see a new Parappa game. If they did it on PS4 it could look perfect.

He alters his voice to sound like PaRappa, although if you pitch shift his normal voice you get the same effect.

Did you just send him the money and ask, or did you actually ask him if he would do it before sending the money...? :/

I'm really confused. EDIT: Yeah, just confused. Nix that first part. :p

stufte

I love how he insists that he's a "somebody" by calling you a nobody. Look Dred, you've only done a couple of VO's for a hand-full of video games. You're not really any kind of important celebrity so get off your high horse.

Camjo-Z

Did you just send him the money and ask, or did you actually ask him if he would do it before sending the money...? :/

I'm really confused.

We asked if he'd do it for free, he said he would charge like $40 so we paid him, then he asked for another $60 because his lawyers said so or something. Basically we were really gullible and dumb because we were star-struck (shameful in hindsight) and thought he was a trustworthy voice actor.

Holy shit... he's black?

No white boy could bust such phat rhymes as "Noodles are the best no doubt can't deny/taste better than water but don't ask me why"!

akaoni

Banned
>OP asks Parapa VA to do voicework for flash
>Negotiates cost over Facebook, VA agrees
>VA says he will do it multiple times, cites 'reasons' for delays
>Months later, no voicework, refund not upheld
>OP asks for money back, VA says FU cause no paper agreement
>Proceeds to post batshit crazy shit towards OP.

Quick summary.

Ahahaha @ "virus that needs antibiotics". Dear lord.

I'll make sure to read through the blog, too bad this guy seemingly turned out to be a massive dong, must feel pretty harsh for a big fan of the work he's done :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom