• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Absolution E3 Trailer - CG

JCtheMC said:

German Preview

First of all, the casual mode. It's called "Instinct" and can be turned off on higher difficulties.
Advantages the "Instinct" mode will bring:
- X-Ray vision
- Orange glow highlights position and routes of nearby NPC's
- Highlights usable objects, special actions
- Enhances certain abilities (for example makes it harder for enemies to see through disguises)
- (the german authors speculating) maybe bullettime during shootouts
Using Instinct costs energy that can be replenished by performing "Hitman" actions like stealth killing foes.

Details on game mechanics:
- 47 is more agile and easier to control, for example he can grab on ledges and balance around edges
- Cover system integrated, human shields
- Hiding in dark corners
- Still possible to kill target only, optimally by accident
- Film-noir flair
- Dynamic music
- Using the environmental objects to dispatch enemies; examples: strangulation with electrical cords, the good old chandelier, a Bong (!)
- Glacier-2 engine again using a crowd system with dozens, if not hundreds of people on screen
- Detailed graphics, fantastic lighting, fluid indoor/outdoor transitions

Then they describe a mission and possible ways to solve it. They note that it felt old-school but rather linear, this might be because it was the presentation level. (I guess its the tutorial level, like the funfair in Hitman 4)
The Situation:
Agent 47 is an unarmed fugitive, chased by the police. He takes refuge in an abandoned library that is soon surrounded and stormed by armed forces.
Now they list three possible ways of solving the mission:

A) 47 takes the cable of a desk lamp and chokes one of the officers to death. He takes his gun, sneaks up to another officer and takes him as human shield. He then proceeds to the roof emergency exit. As soon as the armed forces open fire, 47 takes cover behind book shelves. After eliminating everyone from behind the cover, the escape route has been cleared.

B ) 47 takes the cable of a desk lamp and chokes one of the officers to death. He takes his clothing and carefully gets past the armed forces through the emergency exit on the roof.

C) 47 sneaks past the guards using all kinds of environmental cover and climbing around. He then manipulates a fuse box, disabling the electricity. In the dark he manages to sneak out over the roof undetected.

Those three possibilities culminate in a Helicopter chase sequence that is described as follows:
A linear roof chase sequence, the helicopter opens fire on 47.
They mention that such linear sequences "quicken the pace" from time to time, I don't know what to make of that.
- 47 then takes cover in an apartment building and uses his disguising skills to get to the finish.

http://www.pcgames.de/Hitman-5-PC-2...-besten-Teil-der-Auftragskiller-Serie-827878/

Akia

That was freaking awesome.

No disguise required scenarios will be fun. Get in and get out as quickly as possible. The trailer reminded me of a certain scene from the finale of Breaking Bad Season 3.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Tacitus_ said:
47 should've gotten a disguise from one of the guards and then make her have an 'accident'.
Actually I'm pretty sure that she's his dispatcher lady who's always talking in his ear.

German Preview

First of all, the casual mode. It's called "Instinct" and can be turned off on higher difficulties.
Advantages the "Instinct" mode will bring:
- X-Ray vision
- Orange glow highlights position and routes of nearby NPC's
- Highlights usable objects, special actions
- Enhances certain abilities (for example makes it harder for enemies to see through disguises)
- (the german authors speculating) maybe bullettime during shootouts
Using Instinct costs energy that can be replenished by performing "Hitman" actions like stealth killing foes.

Details on game mechanics:
- 47 is more agile and easier to control, for example he can grab on ledges and balance around edges
- Cover system integrated, human shields
- Hiding in dark corners
- Film-noir flair
- Dynamic music
- Using the environmental objects to dispatch enemies; examples: strangulation with electrical cords, the good old chandelier, a Bong (!)
- Glacier-2 engine again using a crowd system with dozens, if not hundreds of people on screen

Then they describe a mission and possible ways to solve it. They note that it felt old-school but rather linear, this might be because it was the presentation level. (I guess its the tutorial level, like the funfair in Hitman 4)
The Situation:
Agent 47 is an unarmed fugitive, chased by the police. He takes refuge in an abandoned library that is soon surrounded and stormed by armed forces.
Now they list three possible ways of solving the mission:

A) 47 takes the cable of a desk lamp and chokes one of the officers to death. He takes his gun, sneaks up to another officer and takes him as human shield. He then proceeds to the roof emergency exit. As soon as the armed forces open fire, 47 takes cover behind book shelves. After eliminating everyone from behind the cover, the escape route has been cleared.

B ) 47 takes the cable of a desk lamp and chokes one of the officers to death. He takes his clothing and carefully gets past the armed forces through the emergency exit on the roof.

C) 47 sneaks past the guards using all kinds of environmental cover and climbing around. He then manipulates a fuse box, disabling the electricity. In the dark he manages to sneak out over the roof undetected.

Those three possibilities culminate in a Helicopter chase sequence that is described as follows:
A linear roof chase sequence, the helicopter opens fire on 47.
They mention that such linear sequences "quicken the pace" from time to time, I don't know what to make of that.
- 47 then takes cover in an apartment building and uses his disguising skills to get to the finish.

http://www.pcgames.de/Hitman-5-PC-2...-besten-Teil-der-Auftragskiller-Serie-827878/

It's almost like hes getting to her at her most vulnerable state just to show her he can.
Man I was hoping we could get a release date in there. Looking forward to this big time.

The Technomancer

- Film-noir flair
- Dynamic music
Now thats what I care about

Messi

The_Technomancer said:
Now thats what I care about

Yup, love it. But I also love the choice the game seems to be offering. I also love the fact that they are helping people on lower difficultys and that it can be turned off on higher difficultys. Nothing to complain about here cant wait to see gameplay.

The Technomancer

It does seem like they're taking a slightly different direction from Blood Money, but it also seems like its a good direction, so I'm happy.

bengraven

xBfCB.jpg

I see:

1) Heath Ledger
2) Johnny Depp
3) Chubby Val Kilmer

Maybe a bit of Skeet Ulrich.

-BLITZ-

I see the improvement everywhere. 47 looks so great in those screens. The difference can be seen clearly on his face. Like comparing Blood Money with this one new and Tomb Raider Underworld with the new one.

GO for it guys, you gonna make me enjoy this game as I did with Blood Money, slapping a bodyguard on his nape and get back quickly on the shadowed corner as he never noticed me at all. :)

So much fun.

Screens look great, love the lighting and details. Presentation mission sounds quite a bit like Hitman. The info in the preview excites me to no end, especially the film noir bit.

Trailer is just so fucking awesome. "47?"

Speculator

BioWare Austin
I think the team behind DX:HR CG Video did that as squeenix does have a dedicated studio for this. Looks great none the less :O

So Agent 47 kills everything in the vicinity to reach the target, and then proceeds to use a silenced pistol because absolute discretion is required at this stage.
Not very Hitman IO Interactive.

As long as the map and missions are not primarily designed with 'kill everything on sight' approach, I eagerly look forward to this.

PnCIa

Need to see&read about gameplay of a "real level" (because i hope that this was just the tutorial). I like the graphics though, it looks kinda shiny and i like that :D

UrbanRats

The scripted set pieces sound a bit retarded, maybe, but i gotta say, a better control scheme isn't bad.
Blood Money and the previous Hitmans were still pretty clunky in the controls.
To strangle a victim with the fiberwire was a challenge, just lining up to the guy and understanding if you were close enough or not, was unnecessarily rigid.
Let's just hope they haven't dumbed it down.

MMaRsu

Banned
ybzx107p7.jpg

Hahahahahah seriously really? Wow hhaha jesus

Karate Mr 47... pissing my pants here. Against a lousy one guard even.

derFeef

MMaRsu said:
http://www.abload.de/img/ybzx107p7.jpg

You better have him slapping the gaurd with his glove, or what?

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
MMaRsu said:
ybzx107p7.jpg

He does know Karate, he was cloned from one of the best marshal artists in the world you know :p

Awesome trailer and IO has nailed it on how to please the best of both worlds in terms of difficutly. This looks like to be a good Hitman :)

Helicopter setpiece fight? Seriously?
And probably even with QTE.
And beating up guards with karate instead of taking them down silently.
Total downgrade confirmed, no pr-bullshit can fix this for me.
ALSO

After eliminating everyone from behind the cover, the escape route has been cleared.

Fuck this shit.

Jintor

Ahoi-Brause said:
Helicopter setpiece fight? Seriously?
And probably even with QTE.
And beating up guards with karate instead of taking them down silently.
Total downgrade confirmed, no pr-bullshit can fix this for me.

Fuck this shit.

Confirmed? THat's all speculation!

Top Bottom