• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT5| Our Golden Anniversary Brings Us Hope

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Are you f2p ? Thats a crazy amount of 5* if you just started with Nier.
Wow.

Nope, certainly not F2P by any stretch, haha. I wish.

Apple did give me a refund of some purchases, though, when I complained that Gumi wouldn't help me link my game account to Facebook. That was unexpected.

Kozmo

Fuck this game so hard. I spent about $1,300 to get Ayaka.

Not long after, she was a rainbow in the free daily. Now I just used one of my Ex tickets, and out comes Ayaka again!

Goddammit I'm never pulling hard for anyone ever again.

vato_loco

My base 5* so far:

- Ace
- Mercenary Ramza
- Prishe
- Ayaka

Please, contain your orgasms.

On a separate note, I've cleared GrXXXX and I gotta say, it was way easier than MyXXXX.

robotuw

My base 5* so far:

- Ace
- Mercenary Ramza
- Prishe
- Ayaka

Please, contain your orgasms.

On a separate note, I've cleared GrXXXX and I gotta say, it was way easier than MyXXXX.

Hey that's more than one per month since you started. That's a freaking fantastic rate.

Rixa

Thanks Zera \o_

This worked me. Except I did use 2x Pod 153 with Agrias & DV. They + Victoria killed both fruits in first turn. Forgot to use Esper, but got under 20 turns kill.

After Fruits killed, Sheratan went haywire and double killed 3/5 of my party (all had Reraise up). Slapped in Ayaka for party reraise and Rikku who had LB ready. Pic below is the turn after. Everyone is alive, slapped in Ace for mp and FV who had those buffs and Full Charge Stomp ready. Agrias & DV Divine Ruination & Dark Punishment chain & FV finished with 1.9m hit :)

Screenshot_20171012-193037.png
Screenshot_20171012-193349.png

Feels good. I can always come back later to get those missing rewards. I may wait for power creep :p

Thanks Zera \o_

This worked me. Except I did use 2x Pod 153 with Agrias & DV. They + Victoria killed both fruits in first turn. Forgot to use Esper, but got under 20 turns kill.

After Fruits killed, Sheratan went haywire and double killed 3/5 of my party (all had Reraise up). Slapped in Ayaka for party reraise and Rikku who had LB ready. Pic below is the turn after. Everyone is alive, slapped in Ace for mp and FV who had those buffs and Full Charge Stomp ready. Agrias & DV Divine Ruination & Dark Punishment chain & FV finished with 1.9m hit :)

Feels good. I can always come back later to get those missing rewards. I may wait for power creep :p

Awesome, congrats! I missed the esper kill but got everything else. I'm going to try it one more time today during lunch at work. If I fail, I'll just wait for Bahamut and destroy Sheratan.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Congrats Rixa...

I need to look up the strategy and see what im still missing to pull it off. I could really use the staff.
Nope, certainly not F2P by any stretch, haha. I wish.

Apple did give me a refund of some purchases, though, when I complained that Gumi wouldn't help me link my game account to Facebook. That was unexpected.

Hah...thanks - thats relief. Your pulls destroy what ive gotten as f2p in playing since launch so i was shocked for a second..lol.

Nice that got some refunds from Apple...facebook being the only option to back up the game is still the worst :-/

Rixa

Awesome, congrats! I missed the esper kill but got everything else. I'm going to try it one more time today during lunch at work. If I fail, I'll just wait for Bahamut and destroy Sheratan.

Congrats Rixa...

I need to look up the strategy and see what im still missing to pull it off. I could really use the staff.

Thanks.
I might wait for the Bahamut to finish other missions, that Esper will hit hard even at 1*.

GG-Duo

I pulled two Silvia on the free dailies already, which is insanely lucky considering it's off banner and I couldn't pull her on 50+ on banner pulls.

Honestly, I somehow don't think the Free Summons this time are banner-neutral. I've pulled Kamui and Gouken from it.

Not long after, she was a rainbow in the free daily. Now I just used one of my Ex tickets, and out comes Ayaka again!

God damn. Glad you ended up with her at least

That.....is fucking crazy. So sorry man.

Honestly, I somehow don't think the Free Summons this time are banner-neutral. I've pulled Kamui and Gouken from it.

I actually agree here. Gotten kamui twice from the free daily.

evangd007

We're posting 5* bases? Minnow tier, only some special/holiday bundles.

2x Lightning - FFXIII banner 2 10+1
Queen - FF Type-0 banner 2, ticket pull
Emperor - anniversary guaranteed 5* 10+1
Orlandu - FFX banner, ticket pull
A2 - Nier banner, ticket pull
2x DKC - Nier banner, ticket pull
Dark Fina - Nier banner, ticket pull

remaining resources:
72k lapis
tickets - 202 3*/3 4*
EX tickets - 30 3*/2 4*/1 5*
10+1 tickets - 5

Niahak

I think this is the same time as last set of Free Summons. They use a neutral-looking image, but it says "Featured Summon" and it's really from the current banner.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thanks.
I might wait for the Bahamut to finish other missions, that Esper will hit hard even at 1*.

I just looked up Bahamuts...wow didnt know he is so much better than the other Espers - all those killer abilities are nuts.

Will he make units like Garnet more relevant or is he used on your standard Phy. DPS units ?

PS. Do you need an additional MP Battery if you already got Ramza ? I was thinking of leveling Queen as a MP battery but just saw that Ramza will get this as well with his enhancements.

Really? Maybe I'm luckier than I think I am. I've been playing for less than two months now.

I know it was different times, but it took me 4 months before I pulled my first rainbow when i started. I know it's even worse for a lot of people here.

So if you have pulled that many in two months... yeah... that's pretty darn good.

Since everyone else is doing it.

I’ve spent probably around $60 total since the game has started.

Been playing since soft launch.

5* Base:

Aileen
Fohlen
Lightning
Orlandeau x2
Olive
Knight Delita
Emperor
Ramza
Rem
Zargabaath
Prishe
Reberta

Also have all the 5* Base event units.

Kouriozan

Just gonna repost my list from May and add dates :

My base 5* haven't changed since February, in this order :

Lightning / September 2016
Donkey Kong Cecil / October 2016
(Maxwell) / November 2016
Ramza / December 2016
Noctis / December 2016
Ramza / February
Emperor / February free 11 pulls
(Y'shtola) / March

Then I got Fohlen on guaranted 5* (June) and 2x Kelsus from shards (July).
You can see where I stopped pulling lol

Does anyone else STILL get the black screen when loading up for the first time? I still consistently get it on first boot up, have to wait a bit then close the app and try it again. Happens 100% of the time. I'm guessing it's a hand shaking issue but it's just more annoying than detrimental to anything.

Pejo

Does anyone else STILL get the black screen when loading up for the first time? I still consistently get it on first boot up, have to wait a bit then close the app and try it again. Happens 100% of the time. I'm guessing it's a hand shaking issue but it's just more annoying than detrimental to anything.

The update I downloaded from last night seems to have fixed it on my phone. But yea up until that I was having to take away phone permissions every time.

Up until today's maint, I was getting consistent 4 drops of water and dust from the Ayaka event with Xon, Locke, and 2 pods........Just ran 5 straight and it's now between 2 and 3......

***EDIT***

As soon as I complain back to 4. Gumi plz!

Vashetti

Banned

Personally I haven't experienced this, but overall the game has been pretty unstable and buggy for a long time.

It would be nice if they took a week off from adding content (as they do in 9/10 maintenances) and had a major optimisation push.

Celegus

Yep I still get it, have to turn permissions off each time

jtan

Started playing around April, my 5* bases are:

T. Terra 2x
Olive
Tidus x2
Vargas
Elza
Marie
Mercenary Ramza
Ramza

Vargas and Elza happened while I was chasing Tilith. It still hurts not having her lol

Muku

Started playing around April, my 5* bases are:

T. Terra 2x
Olive
Tidus x2
Vargas
Elza
Marie
Mercenary Ramza
Ramza

Vargas and Elza happened while I was chasing Tilith. It still hurts not having her lol

We have had two chances at her. Couldn't get her either time. ;_; No matter how much I pulled. Poor Chilly though... she reaped him the first time.

Xevren

We have had two chances at her. Couldn't get her either time. ;_; No matter how much I pulled. Poor Chilly though... she reaped him the first time.

Since starting the only banner to really burn me was that last Brave Frontier banner, spent everything and didn't even get a single banner unit. Made that whole King Mog event even worse, ugh.

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
I've spent ~$100 on the game since starting last year, which has mostly been for the holiday bundles and the big bundle when Tidus was released. I didn't consistently start playing until the D. Fina banner at the beginning of the year (which was my first 5*)

Here's the list:
3x D. Fina
3x Queen
Orlandeau
Onion Knight
2x Zargabaath
Noctis
2x Greg's
V. of Light
Aileen
Reberta
Seabreeze D. Fina
M. Ramza

Getting Onion Knight and Landu from compensation tickets on Monday only affirmed that I'll never spend money on pulls

LucaMac

Been playing since soft launch. Still F2P, always will be. 5* bases took a long time to happen for me. Delita was my first (didnt even know he was 5* base for ages, then lucked out with Noctis. Been batting a decent average of one a month over all though the first good few had none...

Delita,
Noctis (benched unless evade tank is needed)
Orlandeau (benched since before the summer)
Freyvia x2
Elza (used for the robot and now back collecting dust)
Aileen (still unused)
Tidus (still unused but LB maxed)
Olive (still unused and unawoken - LB building though)
Ayaka x2 (still unused - soon though. Leveling)
Trance Terra (unused and still unawoken)
Queen (unused - lv 1)s
Ramza (unused and lv 1 until enhancements),

Amount isnt outstanding, but the quality of them are top clasd. I hit my first dud only yesterday with Queen and my second Ayaka. But I also got Ramza with my first one. Four rainbows this week with only 5k lapis spent bar dailies and free pulls. Nearly a 50% increase of my 5* base club within 48 hours (bar maxwell etc of course).

Free to play is the way...just look at the amount of great units that arent in use (Freyvia is mostly to blame.) but Delita is still my bestie. How many 5* bases do you have rusting on the bench? Whats the point in spending money for them to do that? Ill never understand...

Kettch

My 30% 5* chance ticket in JP became a blue Krile. This is insulting. Threw all tickets I had left again for Lid and she evaded me.

I really hope another meta breaker comes soon and makes her irrelevant. I hate her more than Jake from now on.

It's gonna be hard to make Lid irrelevant. The really cool thing about her is the super fast limit charging + entrust.

With all the batshit insane limit breaks with high crystal cost JP gets these days, entrust on support becomes an amazing skill.

Been playing since soft launch. Still F2P, always will be. 5* bases took a long time to happen for me. Delita was my first (didnt even know he was 5* base for ages, then lucked out with Noctis. Been batting a decent average of one a month over all though the first good few had none...

Delita,
Noctis (benched unless evade tank is needed)
Orlandeau (benched since before the summer)
Freyvia x2
Elza (used for the robot and now back collecting dust)
Aileen (still unused)
Tidus (still unused but LB maxed)
Olive (still unused and unawoken - LB building though)
Ayaka x2 (still unused - soon though. Leveling)
Trance Terra (unused and still unawoken)
Queen (unused - lv 1)s
Ramza (unused and lv 1 until enhancements),

Amount isnt outstanding, but the quality of them are top clasd. I hit my first dud only yesterday with Queen and my second Ayaka. But I also got Ramza with my first one. Four rainbows this week with only 5k lapis spent bar dailies and free pulls. Nearly a 50% increase of my 5* base club within 48 hours (bar maxwell etc of course).

Free to play is the way...just look at the amount of great units that arent in use (Freyvia is mostly to blame.) but Delita is still my bestie. How many 5* bases do you have rusting on the bench? Whats the point in spending money for them to do that? Ill never understand...
Well that's because you're a lucky motherfucker.

4 rainbows in 1 week as F2P is fucking insane. That's like hlf the amount I even have my boi.

Still contemplating on waiting for the halloween units with the 5* ticket or not. If I get lightning then fuck this game tho

PeaceUK

Playing since launch, 100% f2p:

Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Dark Knight Cecil
Orlandu
Orlandu
Ramza
Ramza
Onion Knight
Onion Knight
Ayaka
Ayaka
Lightning
Gilgamesh

Got both Ayakas and an OK on this banner so far, I'm sure my gacha is broken for all the dupes I've gotten.

EDarkness

You're pretty lucky, man. I generally get rainbows then I REALLY want a unit. I got 2B, A2, and Rem during the Nier banner, but I pulled hard with everything I own. I did spend $25 (I think) on the bundle to get more pulls, but that's all I've really spent on this game. Getting rainbow crystals out of the blue is something that doesn't happen to me. Still, I can't complain, because the spread of units I have is pretty good, so I have no regrets.

I do kinda agree about pulling for units that will ultimately collect dust. I will say that all of the units I pulled hard for are all still in use and are on my main team. I figured that if I was going to use resources to get a character, I'd damn well better use them. Noctis, 2B, A2, and Tidus are always in my group now. I don't see that changing anytime soon. With all of the resources I used to get those characters, there's no way they were going to end up on the bench.

wilstreak

Whats the point in spending money for them to do that? Ill never understand...

well, maybe first you need to understand that the developer need money to keep the game and so that f2p can stay f2p.

Based on your 5*, you can say that you are lucky and definitely above average. But it is a mistake to thing that it is easy to pull base 5*.

1% pull rate in average is true. For every people who have more than 1% pull rate, then that means there is someone else who suffer less than 1% pull rate.

fionel

I don't know how you guys who played for less than 6 months get so many rainbows with the 1% rate. I had only 5 rainbows in JP from release right up til the 3% change - 1.5 years by that point. I swear to god pull rates are accounts related!

across

Not to pile on, but that is an extremely wide roster of 5* units for a F2P account - 14 to my 22, and I've spent something like $400 since launch. You also have a phenomenally diverse offensive line (Orlandeau, Tidus, Aileen, 2x Fryevia, Olive) as well as support (Ayaka, Delita, Ramza, Elza) and flex/niche units like Noctis and Trance Terra.

Asking 'why would people spend money when I've had not only tremendous luck in acquiring 5* bases, but also in them being varied and powerful, many of them due for strong enhancements that will make them viable for the next six months' is maybe a little disingenuous.

A friend of mine has been playing since Brave Frontier's first banner. His 5* total:

Lightning x2
Trance Terra x2
Luneth
Fire Veritas
Dark Knight Cecil
Zargabaath

Do you think you'd have a different perspective if these were your pulls instead? No 5* chainer, no top-end healer, no pair of hybrid damage units, no future bard, no massive stat breaker(s)...

Lockon

Since everyone is doing it...Here's my 5* since launch:

A2
Mercenary Ramza
Lunera
Zargabaath
Wilhelm
Rem
Aileen x 2
Fryevia
Orlandeau x 2
Queen x 2
Olive x 2
Emperor x 3
Marie x 2
Noctis
Elza
Ramza
Delita x 2
Lighting x 2

Azuran

Banned
It will always make me laugh when people don't realize how freaking lucky they actually are. A F2P account with more 15 rainbow units is fucking insane luck.

Celegus

Yuri and Sazh were my summons today. That brings my haul on this banner to:

Yuri x3

Hopefully Kingsglaive is kinder and Silvia shows up someday soon.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
well, maybe first you need to understand that the developer need money to keep the game and so that f2p can stay f2p.

Based on your 5*, you can say that you are lucky and definitely above average. But it is a mistake to thing that it is easy to pull base 5*.

1% pull rate in average is true. For every people who have more than 1% pull rate, then that means there is someone else who suffer less than 1% pull rate.

He's well above average for even those of us who spent money. He's basically picked up the best units in the game.

Fuck Gumi and their shit

wilstreak

Why I get the feeling that people won't pull for Kingsglaive banner. I hope many of you get Nyx. I will pull just a little and hope i get at least 1-2 bounus unit

He's well above average for even those of us who spent money. He's basically picked up the best units in the game.

Fuck Gumi and their shit

it is even more ironic that he never use more than half of them

Broseybrose

Finally crafted Adventurer IV.

Im gonna keep it on WoL until I can finish 3rd Patriotic Recall.

I have EV and Wilhelm maxed and on the bench and Im wondering what its going to take for me to bring one of them out as my main tank.

Probably a trial that requires one of their specific advantages, I suppose. Dont know what that would be, though.

I still havent done Aigion, Malboro, or Sheraton.

Rixa

Why I get the feeling that people won't pull for Kingsglaive banner. I hope many of you get Nyx. I will pull just a little and hope i get at least 1-2 bounus unit

I will pull daily free pulls :). Decided that I leave the tickets I have and what I get from KM to Halloween. There I will blow my resources.

Dandte

Decided to wait with my daily half pull until the clock says birthday time. So while i was forced to wait alone, so people can cheer when i enter the room, i pulled.

Thanks gumi.

Also...when someone asks what you got and you respond with "Yuri" and this person doesn't play ffbe it can cause confusion.

wilstreak

Decided to wait with my daily half pull until the clock says birthday time. So while i was forced to wait alone, so people can cheer when i enter the room, i pulled.

Thanks gumi.

Also...when someone asks what you got and you respond with "Yuri" and this person doesn't play ffbe it can cause confusion.

well, it can be better. But doesnt matter as long as you are satisfied with it.

By the way, happy birthday.
And Hope you pull Nyx
or Hope

Top Bottom