• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legends 3 axed; Capcom blames fans/goes insane, [Fans Start Support Group]

SykoTech

Just make a new MegaMan X game on consoles Capcom, and I'll forget this in a flash.

Oh who am I kidding, they couldn't even be bothered to put him in MvC3 and are cancelling his latest projects. Might as well except Ryu as the new mascot.

SSJ1Goku

Banned
Crewnh said:
I remember when Megaman was Capcom's mascot character. But looks like he's going to go the way of Captain Commando.
Capcom's mascot now is Monster Hunter Cat and has been for a while.

soultron

Banned
ultron87 said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I would've bought a 3DS for this game. :(
This. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh well. It was written on the walls.

I wonder if they would redevelop it for Vita.
Would be nice. Very nice.

But seeing how it ended this project... I don't think that it would continue on other platform.

C-Jo

DR2K said:
Well with RE being their number one franchise, and it couldn't do anything on the 3DS, how is a much less popular one supposed to?
Mercenaries is a piss poor example of what RE is capable of, but I get the incredibly flawed logic there.

No disrespect to you though, it's Capcom's dumb move.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I was going to buy a 3DS for this.

servbot-crying.png

Crewnh said:
That is not true. We had Mega Man ZX, ZX Advent, Star Force 1-3 too. Course Capcom isn't supporting those series either.

Okay I suppose those game were released within this generation, but the support took a dive afterwards.

Ashodin

It was inevitable. The game would've tanked hard.

Loved by few, ignored by many.

The absolute shame is the fact that this was one of the reasons a lot of people bought a 3DS at launch for was the eShop 3DSware of this demo.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hahaha. Sucks for Megaman fans, but I saw the writing on the wall as soon as BatshitFune left.

Guess that means no Megaman Legends on PSN either.

the 3ds is tanking, megaman legends' gameplay is archaic (the exploration is ok, but combat itself is awful), the megaman fabase has shrunk to the point of insignificance etc etc etc

good decision on capcom's part, and i don't really care about this game despite having beat the 3 legends games and being a megaman fan back in the day

:thumbs up

This has to be one of the biggest trolls ever in the history of gaming. There were literally thousands of pieces of artwork submitted by fans for the events, post after post detailing how the prototype would be the determining decider, but we didn't even get that. This is so abrupt and cold it's as hilarious as it is fucking depressing. A big wet dump on fans that waited 10 years for this. I would have rather they never announced this game and just plain said that they will never pursue development on the Legends series again.

Sigh. Why couldn't the 3DS sell like crack covered candy. Why.

ezekial45

Banned
So this was a reactionary move because of the 3DS' average sales?

And yeah, like everyone here i thought about buying a 3DS just for this game.

Salsa

I really doubt it was because of the low 3DS sales btw, those are gonna stay that way just until the first Mario game for it comes out.

This was because most people dont give a shit about Legends.

And really, it wasnt that good at all to begin it. This was a fan-wank project for the small niche audience that really loved it, and as such doesnt guarantee a game of this budget. Expected.

Codeblue

Aaaaand the Capcom titles I'm looking forward to drop to 0. Up yours Capcom. Seriously.

From Crapcom to Capgod and back.

Somnid

I'm not surprised. I've never seen a company have it out for a game before actual production and given how they were looking for any reason to not do it, I don't know why they bothered teasing in the first place.

Delio

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Someone made a joke post in the Mercenaries thread about how Revelations would be canceled. It might not actually be that much of a joke anymore.

Yup i see it getting canceled now.

GDGF

Soothsayer
If you're really pissed give their public relations office in Japan a call.

+81-6-6920-3623
*Business hours : Mon-Fri 9:00-12:00, 13:00-17:30

or the US side

DR2K

Banned
C-Jo said:
Mercenaries is a piss poor example of what RE is capable of, but I get the incredibly flawed logic there.

No disrespect to you though, it's Capcom's dumb move.

Most people don't know that though. The game should have sold more just on name alone.

Yeah it is dumb to outright cancel it, they could do what Sega is doing and just hold off on releasing it or shift it to another platform as well.

Kerrby

Banned
At least Capcom still have... someone help me here. I can't think of what else Capcom is bringing out.

Devil May Cry.
Resident Evil: Racoon City

Anything else?

Fuck you Capcom.

Jarmel said:
How bad was the bomba?

<30K NPD if I remember correctly.

duckroll

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Wow. Capcom is really proving that they just don't give a fuck anymore! Can't wait for the TGS announcement of Gearbox making the next Breath of Fire game!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Most likely it is just delayed until the 3DS starts selling better.

watershed

Banned
SalsaShark said:
I really doubt it was because of the low 3DS sales btw, those are gonna stay that way just until the first Mario game for it comes out.

This was because most people dont give a shit about Legends.

And really, it wasnt that good at all to begin it. This was a fan-wank project for the small niche audience that really loved it, and as such doesnt guarantee a game of this budget. Expected.

They should have at least released the demo or release it now for all the fans to mess around with. It'd be a great and sad send off to play around in a game world that will never be fully realized. For 2 bucks or so I'd get it.

SykoTech

iKeepPlaying said:
I wonder if they would redevelop it for Vita.
Would be nice. Very nice.

But seeing how it ended this project... I don't think that it would continue on other platform.

Like you said, it would be nice....so it's not going to happen. :/

Kerrby said:
At least Capcom still have... someone help me here. I can't think of what else Capcom is bringing out.

Devil May Cry.
Resident Evil: Racoon City

Anything else?

Fuck you Capcom.
Dragon's Dogma.

lol

Top Bottom