• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Off-Season |OT2| My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Draft

I meant movies outside of the home.

Watching old movies on Netflix or the Big Bang Theory in the background is also acceptable behavior for real men.

Netflix really is one of the greatest things ever though. Hope they get season 2 of Sherlock soon. My only complaint of the service is I usually have to rely on GAF to tell me the good shit on it, but I am sure they will figure out that one day too.

VQCRz.gif

jakncoke

Banned
Merril Hoge is calling Kurt Warner "uneducated and uninformed" for worrying about his kids's safety while playing football, and saying that taking your kids off the football field is "jeopardizing their health" because it leads to them sitting on the coach and eating donuts and playing Xbox, which can all ultimately lead to diabetes and obesity, which is far greater of an issue than any issue you'd experience on a football field.

Hoge: "It's the care afterwards that's bad, not the head trauma."

What a fucking dope.

Yeah dont want fat kids sitting on coaches yo!

bionic77

:lol

The Big Bang Theory got exactly the reaction I expected.

But I can't watch anything on tv that requires more than 10% of my brain when I am with the kids, so I always put dumb shit on in the background. Like the Big Bang Theory, or some new bullshit show from the Discovery or History Channel.

Not all of us can be remote access parents like eznark!

Milchjon

Watching old movies on Netflix or the Big Bang Theory in the background is also acceptable behavior for real men.

Nope, it really isn't. But at least you got Sherlock right.

Merril Hoge is calling Kurt Warner "uneducated and uninformed" for worrying about his kids's safety while playing football, and saying that taking your kids off the football field is "jeopardizing their health" because it leads to them sitting on the coach and eating donuts and playing Xbox, which can all ultimately lead to diabetes and obesity, which is far greater of an issue than any issue you'd experience on a football field.

What a fucking dope.

Goddamn, what a stupid fuck. So the dichotomy is football or obesity?

But I can't watch anything on tv that requires more than 10% of my brain when I am with the kids, so I always put dumb shit on in the background. Like the Big Bang Theory, or some new bullshit show from the Discovery or History Channel.

I have tried several times to get into the big bang theory, I used to be a physicist so everyone that I know that watches that show is constantly telling me I need to watch it. I just dont see the humor in it.

LevelNth

Banned

That doesn't make it right.

You should watch Breaking Bad with your kids.

It teaches them about saving money and chemistry.

I have tried several times to get into the big bang theory, I used to be a physicist so everyone that I know that watches that show is constantly telling me I need to watch it. I just dont see the humor in it.

Its blackface except with nerds.

jakncoke

Banned
If I have a boy i'll let him play football. Nothing like a big dose of steroids to prevent him from knocking up the skank down the road.

You should watch Breaking Bad with your kids.

It teaches them about saving money and chemistry.

Its blackface except with nerds.

LOL at that description. It does totally seem to be a bunch of nerds acting in cliche over the tops ways. Which I might like with all the terminology they mix in, but the jokes seemed to be lazy lowest common denominator stuff.

bionic77

Big Bang is definitely no Arrested Development.

But I can't watch good shit like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad with my kids because it is not appropriate and also it requires your full attention.

Dumb shit like Big Bang doesn't require your almost any attention and you don't really need to know what is going on. It is your standard stupid CBS sitcom. Perfect for when I am zoning out with the kids in the family room.

Otherwise when I watch good shit I like it to be online like on netflix. The last good show I saw was Sherlock (the BBC version). The shows were already like 90 minutes or something crazy and it used to take me 2-3 days to get through one episode.

I refuse to watch ESPN anymore and basketball is not on 24 hours a day so for now Big Bang will suffice.

Big Bang is definitely no Arrested Development.

But I can't watch good shit like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad with my kids because it is not appropriate and also it requires your full attention.

Dumb shit like Big Bang doesn't require your almost any attention and you don't really need to know what is going on. It is your standard stupid CBS sitcom. Perfect for when I am zoning out with the kids in the family room.

Otherwise when I watch good shit I like it to be online like on netflix. The last good show I saw was Sherlock (the BBC version). The shows were already like 90 minutes or something crazy and it used to take me 2-3 days to get through one episode.

I refuse to watch ESPN anymore and basketball is not on 24 hours a day so for now Big Bang will suffice.

I was kidding about watching breaking bad with your kids.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Hey guys.

The Avengers was pretty bitchin'.

Starts a little slow but the final hour is amazing.

Glad you enjoyed it. It was fun seeing it come together, but even knowing how the action sequences looked ahead of time didn't diminish our enjoyment of watching the final cut.

snesfreak

Banned
I meant movies outside of the home.

Netflix really is one of the greatest things ever though. Hope they get season 2 of Sherlock soon. My only complaint of the service is I usually have to rely on GAF to tell me the good shit on it, but I am sure they will figure out that one day too.
That's not acceptable for ANYONE.
YOU are part of the problem.
Figures that you'd cheer for a rapist.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Merril Hoge is calling Kurt Warner "uneducated and uninformed" for worrying about his kids's safety while playing football, and saying that taking your kids off the football field is "jeopardizing their health" because it leads to them sitting on the couch and eating donuts and playing Xbox, which can all ultimately lead to diabetes and obesity, which is far greater of an issue than any issue you'd experience on a football field.

What a fucking dope.

This week has done exponential damage to my perception of the players. What a bunch of morons.

Warner says something perfectly reasonable that is his own opinion and morons like Hoge and Toomer trash him for it.

I already didnt like Merril Hoge.

He's the same guy that says you are a pussy if you sit out a play if you are hurt or winded. Even if it means your team is better off because of it.

He is the prototypical football player stereotype. I get flashbacks to highschool football when I listen to him, the kind of shit where you would be afraid to say you have an injury because your teammates and coaches would think less of you.

Horrible.

Slo

I'm a software engineer, and BBT makes me want to strangle my co-workers.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So, we passed on Just Winz for a QB who can throw a football from his knees and hit the uprights from the 70 yard line.

Jbust 2.0 or the best thing ever?

snesfreak

Banned
Me to, this season hasnt been as good as last season imo but it is still a good show.

Edit: I love Community. I like how weird they are willing to go with it, even when it fails like the Law and Order episode, it is still neat seeing a network show do stuff like that.
Wat

Milchjon

Gaf hates big bang theory? Of course! It's too popular to be good in gafs eyes!

Not my favorite show but it is good!

Weren't you the blackface guy? It all makes sense now.

50% of TBBT is "haha, they're different" without even an attempt at actual humor.
40% is lowest common denominator relationship stuff that's been done millions of times before.
10% is just pure unadulterated annoyance. Bazinga.

Top Bottom