• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus |OT| The World, Western release out now!

patchday

Besides what's already been mentioned, there's also a Free Battle mode to set up your own match of 1v1, 1v2, 2v2 or even 1v3. You choose opponents, stage, music, difficulty etc etc. I'm having fun and getting my money's worth as a casual fan and I've only played one online match so far (which was fun, but a slideshow. The replay makes it look like a smooth experience lol)

In the beta I stuck to lobbies to get a smooth experience. In the lobby, you basically want to exit if you see someone that is yellow/red because they cause desyncs.

Havent picked up the released game yet. debating on waiting on a price drop

The netcode actually feels good to me in the final game. I've done over 300 matches and while there are some laggy games, they're very infrequent. Red bar games just cancel out 9/10 times.

Shouta

Is Dynames worth learning? I have no idea how to use him properly though.

He's fun but difficult in general. He's not a sniper like he's meant to be, or compared to G-Arcane, as his main rifle travels rather than being instant hit. That means you need to be very good at taking the opportunity when it shows up. He comes off as more of a mid-range suit that has a lot of unique weaponry that you need to learn how to wield.

Kalentan

So now that it's out in the west... Is there enough content there for $60? I know there's obviously a metric-shit ton of Gundams but I'm talking about other content like modes and such.

bchan555

So now that it's out in the west... Is there enough content there for $60? I know there's obviously a metric-shit ton of Gundams but I'm talking about other content like modes and such.

No. This is a home-version-copy of a popular arcade game that is popular almost exclusively because of multiplayer battles. Outside of the standard multiplayer there is almost nothing.

Buy this game expecting it to be like counter-strike/dota/league. There is literally no point to owning it if you're not going to be playing online in the only mode that matters.

No. This is a home-version-copy of a popular arcade game that is popular almost exclusively because of multiplayer battles. Outside of the standard multiplayer there is almost nothing.

Buy this game expecting it to be like counter-strike/dota/league. There is literally no point to owning it if you're not going to be playing online in the only mode that matters.
Except, as I've said before, there is some arcadey stuff to do outside of online multiplayer and it's been enough to justify my purchase.

No, there isn't a campaign or anything like that. But if you just want to battle other Gundams without dealing with multiplayer, there is enough here. Like different survival waves, several arcade routes and customizable free battles.

Of course, this is coming from someone who only just got into the series with this entry. If past titles offered more meat, I wouldn't know.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member

It's basically Arcade, Survival and Versus. Unless unlocking all of the titles and whatnot is a major motivation, you're probably not going to get $60 out of the game without heavily utilizing online play.

I think it is, the way i look at it is by how much i can enjoy the game (time).
If i can get 60 hours of fun game play thats a dollar an hour right there.
To put into perspective a movie is about $12 give or take time and area. Average run time is also about 2 hours... Thats $6 per hour lol.
A weird way to look at it but now that i am older and buy soo many games this is how i justify it.
I have way over 60 hours now hahah so its working out pretty well.
All depends how you value your time my friend.

Boy, I'm getting swamped on online. All of these back to back to back attacks against me when all I see is a gold "please don't touch me" icon after one of two hits of my own is really putting me off.

Actually, I guess I prefer casual matches. I like the shuffling of teams because otherwise I was always getting paired up against a team with a hot streak who obviously belong in an extreme or advanced room.

Providence is finally starting to click with me. Have to play a little more defensively than I did with Freedom or Exia but it's pretty awesome.

Yu Kigono

Neo Member
Are there any suits or pilots that can be unlocked through survival or the trials? Or is it all just DLC for added suits.

New playable suits through DLC only. You can unlock new Strikers/Assist characters through playing the single player modes and multiplayer, and spending the points you get from that.

The End

Finally caved and bought G-Self Perfect Pack and... it's pretty great?

I'm always self conscious using a 500 point unit but it's stun, rushdown, and overall high mobility combined with reflector mode gives it a surprisingly high survivability.

I just had surgery on my hand and it's going to about two weeks till I can handle my fightstick again. Stay strong player base. I'm going to miss you.

I'm loving online now. Rooms too (I mentioned preferring casual earlier but I take that back).

I just wish I can share video footage to my social media feed.

Is the online already dead? I spent 20 minutes in queue waiting for a 3v3 casual. I only just got the game today, does it have something to do with my time played? Played some horde mode with Tallgeese, think I might try something more fun.

Is the online already dead? I spent 20 minutes in queue waiting for a 3v3 casual. I only just got the game today, does it have something to do with my time played? Played some horde mode with Tallgeese, think I might try something more fun.
No its not dead. I mostly play casual 1 vs 1 to try out new Gundam and Strikers and I get matches nonstop, sometimes instantly.

I also play ranked and that takes longer but not too long.

Population certainly depends on game type.

I'm reasonably sure other games let you stream with the music tracks removed.

DQ Heroes maybe?
Project Diva X definitely did the same thing. Wish they could've done it here cause it's a great way to get more casual players interested on Twitter and whatnot. Already had a bunch of games and clips I would've loved to record.
Taking them with you was always fun.
I mostly miss it for the sniper rainbow steps in blast burst and the boost install. I hope they add him back as DLC lol

2v2 is the main mode and most people are likely playing in lobbies

I get matches pretty quick in 2v2 casual. Enough people are still playing that it's not dead.

The End

1v1 is... interesting, but between the wide skill gulf between current players and the fact the suits are tuned for 2v2 it's usually a hilarious curb stomp one way or the other.

8 win streak tonight. My teammate was the better player but I came in first once and second a handful of times. Was a good counter to my Deathscythe. They were communicating with the touchpad which made me totally change the way I approach the game now.

I was just in my own world one on oneing my opponents.

Man i wonder if whats holding the dlc back is the song that comes with Age-1...
Regardless we are getting close to the next batch of dlc and at this rate we will be
Left behind (further than we are now).

Nu's really fun. Never tried him before but I'm really liking him. Mixing directions while throwing funnels really throws people off. The barrier is really nice when I'm doing melee combos on someone too.

Top Bottom