• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Age of Mythology coming to steam?

So bought...

http://www.twitch.tv/ageofempires/c/3803109

Jump to 43 minutes.

They are calling it Extended Edition so probably no real graphical upgrade but proper widescreen support and steam matchmaking would be awesome.

GuGlCmA.jpg

Pallad1um

Bought as soon as released. Not my favorite game in the franchise, but it has hands down the best campaign. Arkantos was really cool.

Zia

Age of Empires II HD eventually became a really well done, definitive release. Hope they carry the lessons learned there over to this.

Grief.exe

Put in OP

GuGlCmA.jpg

Age of Empires II HD eventually became a really well done, definitive release. Hope they carry the lessons learned there over to this.

I'm sure they learned a lot about bringing the older engines up to modern standards, and the various pitfalls associated with that type of development.

Lucreto

I am sitting here trying not to hyperventilate.

I love this game and I will buy it Day One.

I really hope this is testing the waters for Age of Empires IV.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I will buy this.

I saw that game in the registry,it was called Rise of Nations Gold.

RoN is a little messy:
"Portions" of the game are owned by Microsoft so there are still some residual issues to sort out. Although Wikipedia says it uses a proprietary engine, I've theorised that BHG used AoE's as a base.
That ultimately depends on what the portions actually are. If they're related to the engine as I suspect then a remake would be possible without needing to reach an agreement with Microsoft.

There are actually two RoN Gold apps in the registry: 13900 and 33000. My guess is that one listing is Microsoft's and the other BHG's.

Blinck

mother-of-god.gif

I loved this game so fucking god damn much. It was just awesome...

Is this just nostalgia though? Will the game still hold up? Or will it be shitty in this day and age?

Son Of D

mother-of-god.gif

I loved this game so fucking god damn much. It was just awesome...

Is this just nostalgia though? Will the game still hold up? Or will it be shitty in this day and age?

I played it last year on a friend's computer. Still holds up well IMO.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Ooh, very nice.

Hopefully the launch will be a bit smoother than AoE2, but the game has got a lot better, so fingers crossed for this one.

Top Bottom