• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lumines Live - ACHIEVEMENTS (Must be close)

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
1. Clear "Base" - Clear one round of Challenge Mode "Base".

2. 20K - Play Challenge Mode "Base" and score 20,000 points.

3. Time Attack 60sec. : 30 blocks - Play Time Attack Mode 60sec. and erase 30 blocks.

4. Time Attack 180sec. : 90 blocks - Play Time Attack Mode 180sec. and erase 90 blocks.

5. Time Attack 300sec. : 150 blocks - Play Time Attack Mode 300sec. and erase 150 blocks.

6. Time Attack 600sec. : 300 blocks - Play Time Attack Mode 600sec. and erase 300 blocks.

7. Time Attack 60sec. : 70 blocks - Play Time Attack Mode 60sec. and erase 70 blocks.

8. Time Attack 180sec. : 200 blocks - Play Time Attack Mode 180sec. and erase 200 blocks.

9. Time Attack 300sec. : 300 blocks - Play Time Attack Mode 300sec. and erase 300 blocks.

10. Time Attack 600sec. : 600 blocks - Play Time Attack Mode 600sec. and erase 600 blocks.

11. Half Million - Play Challenge Mode and score 500,000 points.

12. Single Lap Quarter Million - Play a Single Lap of the Skin Edit Mode and score 250,000 points.

Non Horribly Formatted List

This week, am i rite?

rod

Banned
god i hope its this week, that 1up show with lumines2/gunpey got me all worked up. i need more lumines

Nemesis_

So does this edition come with the Madonna video clip, or do people actually buy all that crap separately? Then again....who would?

Ashodin

it's not free AAAND I can't wait until it comes out. Never played the PSP version (
psp has games? lawl
) and I want to see how the game is.

Nemesis556 said:
So does this edition come with the Madonna video clip, or do people actually buy all that crap separately? Then again....who would?

In Lumines II, clips from Chemical Brothers and others work quite well. Also, don't expect all artists to be mainstream

Notorious_Roy said:
That's a lot of Time Attack achievements. And I don't like time attack modes ;(
Yeah, neither do I, and doesn't it make sense to have a "one color" and "clear screen" achievement?

Andy787

Banned
C'mon, assholes, give it to me already. :(

I'm ready to hand over my Microsoft Statutory Rape Dollars, and that Doom demo plays real nice. :(

noobtoob

What, no puzzle mode achievements? That was one of the best parts of the PSP version!

Hopefully stomaching bad pop for X minutes will be a 0 point secret achievement..

Troidal

Yeah, whats up with these achievements? :-/

Well either way I'm still getting it...hopefully some of the skins from the PSP version are in this one too. I want some Mondo Grosso stuff in there too.

pilonv1

Fallofmart said:
I hope the Mondo Grosso track from the start of the first game (Shining?) is in there or microtransactionable...

You'd think they would put them up as extra packs. I know I would buy an original Lumines music pack in an instant.

pswii60

Spider_Jerusalem said:
It was. I checked right now and it's been removed from the list: maybe it isn't coming next week...

arghwtfarghhh!!

MS and the lack of an XBLA release date list really irritates me.

Why can't they just have a full release list for it like they do for normal games?

At X06 they said that there were 30 games on XBLA and there would be a total of 50 by the end of the calendar year. Totemball and Dig Dug have been out since then. Which leaves 18 games. But only 11 Wednesdays left this year.

So were MS BS'ing or are we going to see a major influx of XBLA activity before the end of the year?

Nemesis556 said:

Lots of dumb people unfortunately which is why microtransactions exist in the first place.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
pilonv1 said:
You'd think they would put them up as extra packs. I know I would buy an original Lumines music pack in an instant.
Who needs extra packs? Lumines is designed to be played mute anyway. :p

Lee N

Membre
RevenantKioku said:
Who needs extra packs? Lumines is designed to be played mute anyway. :p
I hope you're joking.. Lumines is an average game made good by the music><gameplay synergy.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
A_Lee_N said:
I hope you're joking.. Lumines is an average game made good by the music><gameplay synergy.
No, I seriously play Lumines muted on my PSP. The music only annoys me. I actually play better without it. :lol

Lee N

Membre
RevenantKioku said:
No, I seriously play Lumines muted on my PSP. The music only annoys me. I actually play better without it. :lol
Well, considering the game dies as soon as you hit 999,999 points you can't be that good. Because if you were, you'd have absolutely no reason to play it anymore.. without the music, that is.

The only thing that keep me coming back to the game once in a while after maxing out the score is the synergy between the music and the gameplay.

RevenantKioku

A_Lee_N said:
Well, considering the game dies as soon as you hit 999,999 points you can't be that good. Because if you were, you'd have absolutely no reason to play it anymore.. without the music, that is.
I'm not even sure this makes sense, but I've made my point, and I'm out. See ya!

RevenantKioku said:

Funny you say that, because I also find it easier to play without it. The music does add significantly to the experience however.

arne

Spider_Jerusalem said:
It was. I checked right now and it's been removed from the list: maybe it isn't coming next week...

they probably also got tired of everyone breaking their nda and revealing it was up on partnernet I'm sure.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
arne said:
they probably also got tired of everyone breaking their nda and revealing it was up on partnernet I'm sure.

Can i get a "who cares?" here?

I mean, how does it affect Q or Microsoft or Bandai if thats announced?

I'm not being arrogrant, I actually want to know

ascully

I love Lumines but I think its going to suck using he lame 360 Dpad, have you tried playing pacman with that thing ouch

ascully said:
I love Lumines but I think its going to suck using he lame 360 Dpad, have you tried playing pacman with that thing ouch

I can confirm first hand that it does play very strangely. Not really because of the D-Pad, because I used the stick, but I guess I'm so used to play at a certain size and angle that I just could not get what I wanted to happen to happen. Maybe it was the stick. Whatever it was, it certainly will take getting used to. But I doubt it will take very long.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I'm afraid of the d-pad as well...though Lumines only requires you to use the left and right directions most of the time. Hopefully it's not as bad as I think it will be

sangreal

pswii60 said:
arghwtfarghhh!!

MS and the lack of an XBLA release date list really irritates me.

Why can't they just have a full release list for it like they do for normal games?

Because they can't meet the release dates :lol

Yes, that is the real answer.

This is from Consumer Electronics Daily, I posted it awhile ago:
Microsoft over the summer introduced Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays, in which a new title was launched each Wed. Early said the company continued to look at Wed. as a launch day for games on the service but, for now, it's not releasing a schedule of upcoming new games. The Wed. program "went over extremely well" with gamers and "built anticipation" for the titles that were announced weeks in advance, Early said. "The program proved to be a success," he said, but he added that the company isn't prepared to announce a schedule of additional games. For one thing, he said, once you announce the dates "you absolutely have to meet them." The company must work hard to get the production schedule right -- but it's getting better.

pswii60

RyuHayate said:
I played this at Digital Life. Everyone looking forward to it will be very happy :)

Did you also get to play Mutant Storm Empire, Assault Heroes, Roboblitz, Heavy Weapon ,etc?

Impressions?

duckroll

ChrisAllenFiz said:
MAjor Neslon hints in his podcast that if things go well that "we are really going to like" this weeks XBLA release, so sounds promising.

The only way we're really going to like anything is if it's good and it's free. And even then, after the initial wow wears off we'll be bitching and complaining about how disappointing and overhyped it is anyway. But then, I guess it's a good thing that Major Neslon wasn't talking about GAF!

pswii60

duckroll said:
The only way we're really going to like anything is if it's good and it's free. And even then, after the initial wow wears off we'll be bitching and complaining about how disappointing and overhyped it is anyway. But then, I guess it's a good thing that Major Neslon wasn't talking about GAF!

Yeah, everything seems to follow the exact reaction you were talking about here at GAF. Or of course, the initialy 'meh' followed by 'wow' then followed by 'annoying saves' (dead rising)

Feindflug

I'm definitely getting this, I loved the first game on PSP and on Live this game will be ownage! ^__^

btw anyone know what is the release date for Lumines Plus for PS2?

Top Bottom