• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoeM86 confirmed to have huge tinfoil hat on head

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeM86

I figure this is big enough to warrant its own thread

Yesterday, it came to my attention that the Canadian ORAS site listed only November 2014 compared to November 21st 2014 of the United States.

On some further sleuthing, I discovered this

As is Europe. It can't be a coincidence.

In the press releases I've got, they have rather emphasised the date as being for the US

Tuesdays:
E3 has begun and The Pokémon Company International just announced that Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, which both take place in the beautiful Hoenn region, are launching in the United States on November 21, 2014.

Wednesdays:
Sableye is a Pokémon that was first discovered in the Hoenn region, which is now confirmed as the location for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, both launching for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems in the United States on November 21, 2014.

Todays:
The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced more details today about the new Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games, launching in the United States November 21, 2014, for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Many people thought this was an error, but my friend at PLDH got this response from TPCi earlier today

Bp-L_IiCYAE_6C4.png:large

So it's worrying. It appears Canada and Europe are excluded from the worldwide launch.

JoeM86

I don't like to speculate but as I have said, it can't be a coincidence that it's delayed in Europe and Canada, the places where the street date was broken by almost two weeks

Based on the information in the OP, Canada is not confirmed to not get those games at the same time as the US. Instead, Canada is not confirmed to get those games at the same time as the US.

lupinko

Is it for the street date breaking or multiple languages thing?

Because Australia isn't affected right? As opposed to Canada being bilingual (with Quebec sticking out for a French version) and continental Europe being what it is.

This would have affected me if I was only stuck with my CA 3DS, but living in Japan i now also have a JP 3DS.

Edit: my language theory is out the window if the UK got delayed too.

UberTag

The entire country is getting punished by the Pokemon Company because of some mom & pop video game store in the Maritimes? Seriously?
This isn't some Quebec instruction manual bullshit? We won't even get it digitally?

ramyeon

I don't like to speculate but as I have said, it can't be a coincidence that it's delayed in Europe and Canada, the places where the street date was broken by almost two weeks
Seems likely to me. Australia usually gets stuff on the same dates as Europe. Our street date held for X/Y and we're getting OR & AS on the same date as the US so I wouldn't rule it out.

Madao

right now canadians and people whose main NNID is set to canada must be mad. first, they increased eshop prices and now this.

good thing i have an US NNID in addition to my first one. they can't stop me from getting the game day 1.

JoeM86

Is it for the street date breaking or multiple languages thing?

Because Australia isn't affected right? As opposed to Canada being bilingual (with Quebec sticking out for a French version) and continental Europe being what it is.

This would have affected me if I was only stuck with my CA 3DS, but living in Japan i now also have a JP 3DS.

Edit: my language theory is out the window if the UK got delayed too.

Australia is getting it November 21st.

Presumably all languages are in the game like X & Y anyway.

UK is delayed

lupinko

The entire country is getting punished by the Pokemon Company because of some mom & pop video game store in the Maritimes? Seriously?
This isn't some Quebec instruction manual bullshit? We won't even get it digitally?

Anne has some splainin' to do!

Anteo

right now canadians and people whose main NNID is set to canada must be mad. first, they increased eshop prices and now this.

good thing i have an US NNID in addition to my first one. they can't stop me from getting the game day 1.

Fuck, I didnt even think about it. And I buy digital copies of games that I'm definitely not trading around. Fuck

Edit: No seriously, digital release better be the same as wordlwide, my account is canadian because nintendo.

What in the actual fuck is this?

We don't get the game on time because some stores sold in early? Yeah because NO STORES in the U.S did that too.

Seriously, what the hell is this garbage?

Yes, I'm mad. Why is an entire country of fans being punished for a few stores fucking up?

Qurupeke

Poor Canada... Even a week delay, like Europe is frustating. I hoped that the future of Pokemon were WW releases, on the same day. :/

If this is because of a few stores breaking the street date, then this is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. (And if even not, I would have no idea why this would happen.)

What the hell Nintendo???

ZeroX03

Banned
According to the Australian press release, we're getting it on November 21st.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire: Get ready to embark on a new adventure through the Hoenn region. Players will catch, battle and trade Pokémon as they seek answers to the mystery behind Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre and their possible connection to Mega Evolutions. With new challenges to overcome and incredibly powerful Pokémon to encounter, these games are a true evolution in the Pokémon series. Launching 21st November in Australia and New Zealand.

Had a few retailers say they were under the impression that it was the 28th, though that seems to be confusion with them assuming we were lumped into Europe. EB changed their dates from the 28th to the 21st recently.

Sandfox

I'm curious to see how many big Canadian fans will drive to the US in order to pick up copies. I'm sure that their release date will either be the same as the US or a week later.

Zalman

I found out about the European "delay" yesterday and I was pretty frustrated. I assumed it was because of the languages but I now remember all the broken street dates in these regions. Such a shame.

Zee-Row

Banned
Nintendo really shouldn't be doing stuff like this to fans. Who cares if its leaked? Any publicity is good publicity IMO.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
How does the above confirm that Pokemon ORAS is scheduled as a separate release date in Canada comparatively to its US counterpart?

JoeM86

What in the actual fuck is this?

We don't get the game on time because some stores sold in early? Yeah because NO STORES in the U.S did that too.

Seriously, what the hell is this garbage?

Yes, I'm mad. Why is an entire country of fans being punished for a few stores fucking up?
That's just speculatory. We're not sure what the actual reason in yet.

How does the above confirm that Pokemon ORAS is scheduled as a separate release date in Canada comparatively to its US counterpart?

If it was, then we'd have the date right now.

random25

Can I use a US import game on my Canadian 3DS? I mean they are from the same region, right? Haven't tried that one but I'll just import if that is the case.

Hatchtag

Banned
Ya'll should be importing a Japanese 3DS to get Smash Bros. 3DS a couple of weeks earlier anyways.
Mostly kidding, this does seem like a BS move to not release it as early just because it leaked. What are they gonna do, spoil it? It's a remake.

rrs

It could be that the European translation (and french) could be put in the backburner with a focus on Japanese and English to get out the door first, but that can't explain a week long delay nor prevent the release date breaking happening again

UberTag

I'm curious to see how many big Canadian fans will drive to the US in order to pick up copies. I'm sure that their release date will either be the same as the US or a week later.
Preordering through Amazon.com (not .ca) would be another option.
I've received items from them far sooner than their suggested shipping times when ordering from them in the past.

Dead Man

Why would they punish customers for a broken street date? Just don't sell to that store if you are pissed about it.

ramyeon

It could be that the European translation (and french) could be put in the backburner with a focus on Japanese and English to get out the door first, but that can't explain a week long delay nor prevent the same thing happening again
I don't see why this would be any different to XY that had all languages including regardless of region. Although maybe that was a once off thing.

If this is the case, then Nintendo is out of their mind. The fact they would punish an entire continent for a few assholes getting the game early is ridiculous (I live in Canada, by the way). I know Nintendo wants to keep the mystique of the game intact, but why not just ship the game to retailers later? Like maybe a few days ahead, not the couple weeks that we've seen in the past.

UberTag

Why would they punish customers for a broken street date? Just don't sell to that store if you are pissed about it.
The store that broke street date in Nova Scotia doesn't exist any more. They were fined so heavily they had to close down.

Kriken

That really has to suck, I understand punishing the stores that broke street date, but not all of Canada or Europe decided to get and play the games early, only a select few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom