• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTube "pranksters" Daddyofive deny abuse (Up: mom gets custody of two youngest)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man.

Sooo i hate remembering this but a few years ago at a past job I defended the physical discipline my dad used on me and my siblings to some old coworkers who were saying they'd never lay a hand on their children.

Now I see a therapist and know I have issues stemming from the aspect of my childhood.

Of course the kids are gonna defend their dad. He's their dad. But man the screaming and hitting and fighting and anger in that video... People think punching and mutilating their children when they hear "abuse" but I think it's far easier to affect your kids' development than that.

I've seen that sentiment quite a bit in threads on GAF. Maybe not so much in recent years, but definitely a lot of pro-physical discipline people out there for no other reason than that's what their parents did to them.

what is the status of law enforcement/child services being notified about this. This is clearly abuse. No child can fake cry like that. That isnt an act.
CPS was made aware of the videos apparently but obviously it's not policy for them to comment, for obvious reasons. So we don't know.

Lmo911

Sadly social media has given a lot of really shitty parents an outlet to show off by doing crappy things to their kids. It's almost like a contest to see exactly how terrible you can be. And the worst thing is that the kid's are just props for their parents own messed up want for attention.

But this stuff... this stuff is like a whole other level of messed up. Something needs to be done.

If you enjoy these people's videos then you are just as psychotic as they are, and as somebody mentioned this is how you create a serial killer.

Never heard about this channel before this thread, but watching some of those video summaries is harrowing. They're traumatizing that kid whether they want to acknowledge it or not. And quite frankly I don't see how the video evidence hasn't resulted in him being removed from their care along with a deeper investigation into whether other kids have been abused in different ways.

Daddyofive asking their kids if they're being abused is idiotic. They're kids. They're incapable of seeing the larger picture and they're largely incapable of publicly disagreeing with the main people of authority in their lives. The kids saying they're fine means fuck-all.

ZOONAMI

I feel like YT should be able to enforce monetary penalties for this shit, along with a permanent ban.

Oh, our services have netted you x millions of dollars? Well fuck you, you just tarnished our brand. Now you owe us half of everything you've ever grossed on our site.

Darg

Neo Member
You can tell what kind of people they are way sooner, this sort of thing only works if their "discipline" is already like that

That's true, You saw what the father and mother did without any prior knowledge and you know but then the way the father speaks and the words he says along with the laughing and you know even more of the type of person that is. The "brah" part just me me go "oh okay i see now" (same with the mother), didn't really expect him to say that. It's crazy.

Edit: That compilation video is even worse, what the.

Sadly social media has given a lot of really shitty parents an outlet to show off by doing crappy things to their kids. It's almost like a contest to see exactly how terrible you can be. And the worst thing is that the kid's are just props for their parents own messed up want for attention.

But this stuff... this stuff is like a whole other level of messed up. Something needs to be done.

That's pranks in general nowadays (or what they like to call pranks *nudge nudge*) trying to one up one another, some still stay in the sane side of the road but then you have the more popular pranks doing all kinds of harmful stuff to people, mostly random people, to try to take it to the next level for the views and it keeps climbing. Of coarse they love calling it pranks but we are long past the "prank" part of it, and more into sadistic territory.

Stoze

It's clearly not fake. If so Cody deserves a goddamn Oscar.

The thing is claiming its fake and exaggerated does nothing considering the actual context of this stuff. You can't "fake" screaming and swearing at your child, pushing them into a bookshelf (without apologizing or saying anything if it was a mistake), hitting them, making them slap each other, watching and doing nothing as they hit or abuse one another, etc. Even if you were to humor these parents and believe that the kids are acting in every single video (which even they said wasn't true, they said there were sometimes genuine reactions), that doesn't make all that stuff go away, nor does it make the fact they are abusing them simply by making these videos in the first place.

Like fuck, think about what's going on with Cody at school if other kids have seen this stuff. edit: Who am I kidding, they definitely have.

Biske

If this was fake, it actually makes it worse.

Its clearly not fake.

But we live in a world where these parents think devoting a youtube channel, profiting from it, from the act of abusing their kids, a channel dedicated to "look how funny this abuse is" is as damning as anything.

Scribble

I had abusive folks too who didn't try to pass it off as a prank, and alarm bells went off. No question. The invisible ink one was enough for me.

Will Corey really turn out to be a murderer psychopath who shoots up his school? That kind of sounds victim-blamey in a mildly dystopian sense, like we're already branding these kids as damaged goods and 'othering' them before they've even started. It's disturbing that the parents even have the opportunity to have a youtube back and forth in what looks like child abuse 101. Sure, some dysfunction in these kids' life is probably inevitable but from what I've learned is abusive parents are dime-a-dozen. Whether it's via mental illness or alcoholism or whatever.

It's that shouting at your kids till they cry isn't even the prank. Shouting at your kids till they cry for something they haven't done is the prank.

Parents don't shout at your kids till they cry.

old

It is abuse. They're fucking up their kid's mind and emotions.

Being blamed for something you didn't do and being called a liar when you're telling the truth.

I had both done to me when I was a kid. It still fucks with my mind and my emotions decade later.

YouTube needs to implement a stringent vetting and screening process for monetising "prank channels" and these channels need to reviewed every couple months.

Belfast

Watched DeFranco's video, and just...

The bit where the mother tells Cody he's 'the only one who can't take a joke', combined with the fact that he is clearly the target of choice in the family, make me wonder if he's on the spectrum or something. You know, enough to seem 'weird' to his family, and thus an acceptable punchline for their 'pranks'. Meanwhile, he sees through the bullshit as he doesn't implicitly buy into the premise, but is punished for doing so.

Fuck those parents. Gonna hug mine extra hard tomorrow for not even thinking to treat my condition like that.

I hate to bring up the term, but Cody is *literally* a red-headed stepchild. He's sensitive, he's different, he's small, he might cry a lot. Hell, he even has those rubbery little kid glasses. I'm not saying that the kid deserves *any* of what's happened to him, but he is, unfortunately, a *prime* target for bullying. But, usually, that comes from other kids, not grown ass adults (let alone your parents).

This is reprehensible, but there is little doubt in my mind that Cody is everyone's prime target in that house, possibly with the sister coming in second.

Zomba13

Seeing as this thread is lasting long enough for me to actually say something:

I think this is absolutely fucking disgusting. These "parents" are fucking scum. They might tel their kids "oh don't worry, it's fake, we don't really hate you" but they still make them go through that shit. They still tell their kids to HIT EACH OTHER, they still PUSH AND HIT their kids and they still SCREAM AND BLAME their kids for things they didn't do. And then they say "oh, it's ok, we buy them playstations and ipads" and get their kids to do the "it's just a prank bro" as a non-ironic defence. THEN they try and turn it onto DeFranco and others who called them out for this bullshit and say that THEY are the ones hurting the family and that Child Protective Services said they were fine (when CPS later claim they were unaware of the videos).

Seriously fuck these pieces of shit and I hope the kids get help. I hope they realise that this shit isn't normal and they don't deserve to be abused like this so Mummy and Daddy can get some views and likes on the internet and they get to have shiny toys. Like DeFranco said, the good doesn't excuse the abuse.

Also, fuck youtube from turning pranks from harmless practical jokes into abuse and racism and assault. Fucking youtube "pranks".

hobozero

Blaming the kids.

That's how they're gonna play it out.

Based on his twitter feed, he's going with the classic Blame the Critics defence. Pulled the videos down to protect his family.

Guy makes videos of himself abusing his family, gets called on it, then pulls videos to protect his family.

giphy.gif

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
It's interesting how the people who blamed reports last time are the ones reporting on this.

LNBL

Saw this in the new H3H3 video with steve-o, damn that was some ridiculous shit man. Poor kids, the parents went psycho "for the video", i can only imagine how they would act if they were actually angry.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Is there any scenario in which gaslighting children can be a harmless prank?

I mean...they're children. I'm not sure their emotionally or intellectually equipped to deal with that without some kind of permanent affect on them

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
This is gross and they both speak like exactly the type of gross scum I'd expect to do this kind of shit.

Then again taking the kids away and doing the foster thing ain't gonna help either. Shit situation.

Sacul64GC

Banned
Saw this in the new H3H3 video with steve-o, damn that was some ridiculous shit man. Poor kids, the parents went psycho "for the video", i can only imagine how they would act if they were actually angry.

We have seen how they act actually angry. The H3H3 video only touched the tip of the iceburg I guess so they could play it for laughs.

watching this compilation of Cody's abuse made my blood boil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqD6YoiHJ1k&feature=youtu.be

just what the fuck

Dude Abides

Banned
If the ex wife is telling the truth and this was reported to Maryland CPS or other authorities who just said meh it's corporal punishment it's going to be a big scandal.

depths20XX

I guess I shouldn't be surprised but they had 700k subs that watched this shit? 700k people that enjoy seeing kids being terrorized? I mean there is a lot of crying and screaming in these videos. How is that in any way 'fun' to watch?

Drain You

I'm really hoping we get an update in the coming weeks about this. I hope the parents face some real serious consequences for these action. I had a hard time watching all of that and I feel absolutely horrible for Cody. I hope he grows up to be a better person than his parents could ever hope to be.

Zomba13

Also just seen the H3H3 video and holy shit, they even make them do the fucking outro after the abuse, while still fucking laughing at them. And yeah, you can't say it's fake and just for lulz when the kid is listing off all their social media like he'll be beaten if he fucks up, and then fucks up and gets shouted at.

Fuck these guys all the way to prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom