• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima wants to produce "a couple of other projects" while Ogre is made (a la Rising)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It's time for our monthly Kojima thread where we make fun of the fact that KojiPro can't finish any games learn what Kojima is up to now.

Today's revelation is that, since Project Ogre will take a lot of time to make, Kojima wants to produce "a couple" of games by other teams like he is for Rising.

I'm going to guess that one of them is probably Lords of Shadow 2, but we should find out sooner or later.

Also, at the link is the full interview from OPM that was hyped up a while back.

OPM said:
Those who follow him on Twitter will be familiar with his teases about the so-called ‘Ogre’ project he’s working on, but what exactly is it?

“I can’t really say too much about that project yet, but it’s a very subdued experience – it’s a little bit different to what I’ve done up until now,” he says. “On the surface it will look similar, but once you get into it, it will be a different experience – and I’m hoping people look forward to that. But the Ogre project is going to take a lot of time, so I want to produce some other things on the side, like I’m doing with Rising. So while I’m working on Ogre there might be a couple of other projects going on at the same time.”
Source: http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...l-gear-rising-project-ogre-and-ending-it-all/

areal

Now that I think about it, Snatcher remake by Grasshopper is the correct answer. You guys win. We all win, really.

Gomu Gomu

How about using that extra workforce to speed up Ogre development? Oh, but that makes too much sense. :(

I assume there is no extra workforce within KojiPro. The guy said produce a couple of projects. That probably means managing an outside team to make a game, a la Castlevania: LoS and MGR:Revengance, or whatever the fuck that's called.

Huff

Banned
So he is going to produce games being developed by other studios because konami still can't make games?

yurinka

I'm going to guess that one of them is probably Lords of Shadow 2, but we should find out sooner or later.
Probably Castlevania: LoS2, maybe a portable Metal Gear game or two (Acid 3 please?)
Both Mercury Steam and Konami were happy with Castlevania LoS, and with their collaboration.
The OST composer said in a local (from Catalonia) radio interview that they were working in 2 DLCs (now released, but weren't even announced when he said that) and after that they were going to work in the sequel. So Castlevania: LoS2 it's confirmed.

Nephix

Would be nice if he made an attempt to create something different rather than exclusively work on sequels or spin-offs to his other series.

If only KojiPro could learn how to actually finish games instead of running around in circles and inevitably outsourcing everything. :/

Would be nice if he made an attempt to create something different rather than exclusively work on sequels or spin-offs to his other series.

He's already said that one of the games that he's directing is a new IP.

If only KojiPro could learn how to actually finish games instead of running around in circles and inevitably outsourcing everything. :/

Huh? That's only happened with Rising. It's not like it's a trend in any way.

Desmond

I didn't know Rising was ''everything''

.la1n

Sequel to Lord of Shadows please. Yes something like Snatcher or Policenauts takes priority of course, that's a given but I do not see it happening.

Nephix

Portable Ops was the first.

Totally forgot about that, my bad. :p

Still, it seems like they have some trouble achieving a balance between quality and speed. I just hope they somehow get it together and make some games since it's one of my favorite studios.

StuBurns

Banned
I don't think the core team have any issue putting out games in a reasonable time frame.

1 - 98
2 - 01
3 - 04
4 - 08
PW - 10
5 - 13?

Seems totally reasonable considering their quality. Rising was the only fuck up, but that wasn't the same team.

Top Bottom