• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye! Add me!

Saavedro

Pretty much a ghost town though because half the people haven't accepted their invites yet, lol. Not much to do with clans other than chat and join each other in missions. But! Update 8 is going to have a big clan focus, or so they say :)

derFeef

Aye! Add me!

Saavedro

Pretty much a ghost town though because half the people haven't accepted their invites yet, lol. Not much to do with clans other than chat and join each other in missions. But! Update 8 is going to have a big clan focus, or so they say :)

I blame the craptastic interface and chat system ;)

OK! Here's my quick run down of the livestream:

Update this Friday!
Dual swords - Ether
Twin Vipers
New locals for existing tilesets
2 new defense mission locations
Half the team must be at the extraction point (to help with rushers)

Update 8 Info:
"Rise of the Warlords"
Clan focus update!
- pool resources - materials to build Clan Dojo
- competition between clans - controlling areas of the solar system (?) - leader boards (?)
- send gifts to other clan members (platinum?)
- can invite friends into clan's dojo

Plans for the future:
New infested boss to replace the Golem
Make bosses more interesting - custom animations
More bosses
Higher tier mods
More alt helmets
New factions
More pet customization
Optional account reset coming soon™ - No forced reset planned
Throw-able weapons replace pistol slot - Throwing knives, Glaive!
Be able to disable alarm system
More hacking mini games - Faction based
Stealth to be improved more - Ash changes to accommodate better stealth (?)
More Sentinels
Laser weapon bundle
Knockback mods
Chat being improved - better at different resolutions - customization for fonts & sizes
Want to fix people leaving after killing a boss
New Warframe specific ability mods
Lore!
They are being very cautious about bringing a P2P trading system because they fear it will make or break the game
And of course, more Warframes!

PS: Special Orokin Catalyst alert mission for 12 hours right now

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
And I just made a viper the other day, I guess I should make another one.

They are being very cautious about bringing a P2P trading system because they fear it will make or break the game
I'm glad they're taking their time with this. Too many games have degraded into an inaccessible mess because of the inevitability of inflation. This is especially problematic for something with a small scale like Warframe.

And I just made a viper the other day, I guess I should make another one.

I'm glad they're taking their time with this. Too many games have degraded into an inaccessible mess because of the inevitability of inflation. This is especially problematic for something with a small scale like Warframe.

Might as well level it a bit for some mastery :) And agreed. I don't want to see spam for gold sellers and stuff.

These are actually for this friday if I was listening correctly

Oh! Even better!

Dreavus

Thanks for the run down, changes sound pretty good so far.

Did they mention if the dojo is just supposed to be a "guild hall" type of thing that you walk around in? Just for fun I guess?

been watching videos (no time to play during workdays :S)... if I wanna tank I gotta go Rhino right? But that's not a 'starting frame'. Do you have to grind to for stuff to unlock, or can I just throw some money?

Xanathus

You can throw money at them if you really want to.
The thing about buying stuff like frames and weapons with real money in this game is that you're pretty much just removing the "reward" of playing the game. There's basically nothing to do in the game if you're not grinding missions for the credits and crafting materials to build new stuff.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I can't wait to spend 75% of my time reloading my Dual Vipers.

Thanks for the run down, changes sound pretty good so far.

Did they mention if the dojo is just supposed to be a "guild hall" type of thing that you walk around in? Just for fun I guess?

I vaguely remember hearing about possibly being able to duel players in the dojo from the previous livestream. Probably some way to donate resources to build parts of the dojo... Clan foundry?... Other than that, I guess we can walk around and hang out, set up parties or something. I've really no idea no idea :p

Zeroth

Hmm, we have no date for when the founder programs ends, right? I know it was supposed to end sometime ago, but the Steam beta made them change their plans.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oq6_AX341s

vod for the stream from earlier.

Good stuff there, looks like they're really going to expand stealth, and that will make single play very viable.

been watching videos (no time to play during workdays :S)... if I wanna tank I gotta go Rhino right? But that's not a 'starting frame'. Do you have to grind to for stuff to unlock, or can I just throw some money?

Rhino will do the job, and yeah you can just buy him.

Apollyon

Neo Member
OK! Here's my quick run down of the livestream:

Good stuff. I enjoy being a part of a game that's constantly changing and improving. Makes things a bit more interesting for me.

Anyway, I'm enjoying Warframe quite a bit. 90+ hours of on and off play since closed beta. Update 7 was a rocky launch, but things have been smoothed out. Now I want to see how the game will evolve over time.

NeoGAF Clan:
Leave your name in this thread and I will be sure to send you an invite! Or add me in-game (Saavedro)! See you on the battlefield, Tenno!

Added. Though, I will drop my in-game name here as well (Stoofoo).

DrEvil

not a medical professional
large_upload.jpg

started, games seem ok. Not really digging how melee feels. The prices of stuff with real money is quite steep o_O.

how do I use powers lol.

uh did you play the tutorial? I thought it taught you what to press

i can't remember if you get an ability off the bat, but if you have one, you can press 1,2,3 etc or mouse wheel up and down to scroll and use the middle mouse button to use it

DrEvil

no I mean it says my abilities are locked. Do I needa level up to get a skill?

Your base warframe (the one you choose after the tutorial) does not come preloaded with any ability mods. Only built warframes (from blueprints) or purchased warframes come with the full set of powers.

Do the first few missions with guns and melee (skana sword) to get a feel for the game. As you play, modules will drop, either a fusion core or a new ability you can apply to your warframe (and weapons), ranging from powers to ammo mods and shield upgrades.

So when you start outright, no, you have no powers, but they'll drop as you play.. and once you have leveled up a little bit, you'll be able to start using them.

Check out the Mod System video, it's quite informative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l7oINT7CuU

Xanathus

DrEvil's information is out of date. You now start with all abilities but you have to equip them. However you need to level up your warframe first in order to have enough mod points to equip them. The wrench icons in the Arsenal screen is where you equip your mods for your war frame and weapons.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Your base warframe (the one you choose after the tutorial) does not come preloaded with any ability mods. Only built warframes (from blueprints) or purchased warframes come with the full set of powers.

Do the first few missions with guns and melee (skana sword) to get a feel for the game. As you play, modules will drop, either a fusion core or a new ability you can apply to your warframe (and weapons), ranging from powers to ammo mods and shield upgrades.

So when you start outright, no, you have no powers, but they'll drop as you play.. and once you have leveled up a little bit, you'll be able to start using them.

Check out the Mod System video, it's quite informative:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l7oINT7CuU
If you unlocked frame abilities in closed beta, you also keep those powers with the new system, which is nice.

DrEvil

DrEvil's information is out of date. You now start with all abilities but you have to equip them. However you need to level up your warframe first in order to have enough mod points to equip them. The wrench icons in the Arsenal screen is where you equip your mods for your war frame and weapons.

Ah, my bad.. Haven't started a new account in a while.

Friday update 7.7.3 is now live!

ADDITIONS:
- New Weapon: Twin Vipers
- New Weapon: Dual Ether
- New Weapon: Ether Daggers
- New Level Expansion: New levels added to Grineer Asteroid and Corpus Outpost tile sets
- New animations for Infested enemies
- New Grineer helmets for Trooper, Seeker and Commander

CHANGES:
- Banshee blueprints moved to the uncommon pool
- Quiver and arrows for the Paris now properly apply colour customization
- Half of the active players in a squad must reach extraction before extraction timer starts
- Effect added to revive from bleedout
- Corpus Crewmen can use zip-lines now too. Enemies on zip-lines will not stagger or stun.
- Sentinels can now properly shoot crawling enemies
- Shade sentinel will now cloak as well when casting Ghost
- Increased the amount of time before targets change in the 2nd and 3rd round of the target shooting rank up challenge
- Melee enemies will no longer attack the sentinel when sentinel is out of range
- Increased weapon critical chance for all weapons
- Buffed Rifle mods to bring them closer to Pistol and Shotgun mods
- Laser door traps no longer deal health damage, will still damage shields and knockback
- Added damage reduction description to Ember's Overheat power, boosted level increase damage reduction
- Removed red overlay from Ember’s World on Fire power
- Increased the DoT for Ember’s Fireball power
- Increased the spread range of Saryn's Venom power
- Saryn's Moult power will no longer expire after a set time, must be destroyed
- Performance optimizations! Fixed portal/occlusion not working in network games, reduced network replication set. This should give a nice boost to low/mid range hardware, reducing both CPU and GPU burden.

FIXES:
- Fixed frame-rate affecting weapon fire-rate. Some weapons will have different stats in the UI: don't panic, the baseline values had to change when the frame-rate dependency was fixed.
- Fixed network-related bug that enabled parry damage reduction even when you weren't parrying.
- Fixed selling recipes into a negative amount
- Fixed akimbo pistols firing from the offhand while wall sliding
- Fixed an issue with Sgt Nef Anyo remaining in cloak mode permanently
- Fixed an issue with squad chat breaking when exiting and re-entering a lobby
- Fixed an issue with bogus alerts appearing on Terminus
- Fixed an error when trying to whisper a user with a hyphen in their name
- Fixed enemy/loot radar not kicking in for existing players when new player joins mission in progress
- Fixed an issue where Clients were attempting to replicate thousands of objects causing severe performance issues
- Fixed charged Paris shot that would be spent without the player releasing the shot
- Fixed profile picture showing as default on profile screen, and added support for showing friend's picture when viewing profile
- Fixed energy colour not showing properly for Clients
- Fixed sentinel re-equipping itself when returning from a mission
- Fixed an issue with AI becoming inactive after a host migration
- Fixed an issue with the contacts list not properly updating and leaving large gaps intermittently
- Fixed an issue with host migration not occurring if host quits after objective is completed

Some nice buffs for Ember! Shade cloaks with you! And maybe now I can finally get the last Banshee BP haha

Oh! And nice little thing:

Tenno!

You can use the following 3 tools to get Alert Notifications, in REAL-TIME!

1) Twitter

2) Facebook

3) RSS

Enjoy

Nevermind about the login. It's working now. There must have been an issue with their servers. I saw on Twitter that their site was down not too long ago and when I tried to log into the site it kept throwing me to an error page. Seems all good now though.

Edit: I take that back. My login to the website is working but the game keeps giving me a "Login Failed". I guess I'll check back later tonight.

Nevermind about the login. It's working now. There must have been an issue with their servers. I saw on Twitter that their site was down not too long ago and when I tried to log into the site it kept throwing me to an error page. Seems all good now though.

ugh i'm having the same issue. its not accepting my password and i even reset it thinking i must have forgotten it, but to no avail.

Some of these new areas are absolutely massive!

It was all Infested up until this room. I walked into the large docking bay and there were Grineer and Infested having a large battle out on the floor. Had a total Halo CE flash back to when the Flood are on the Covenant ship haha!

Wish I took a screenshot of the action... But I didn't think to do so :(

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Its amazing because i've seen the film and didn't put two and two together! I saw both of them, but I can't for the life of me remember anything other than Mark Hamil possibly being in the first!

:p

Yep Mark Hamill is in the first one though I don't think it's as the Guyver, I think he plays a detective in that. The first film's pretty shite with the second film being enjoyably naff, it's got some fun action scenes and lots of folk in rubber costumes. Directed by the same guy who did the very underrated Mark Dacascos flick Drive.

Dreavus

My Catalyst is complete, but now I don't know where to put it.

I was thinking of saving it for a higher profile-rank weapon, like the Gorgon or Boltor, when I finally have access to one. Or I could always save it for the eventual twin vipers. Hmm.

My Catalyst is complete, but now I don't know where to put it.

I was thinking of saving it for a higher profile-rank weapon, like the Gorgon or Boltor, when I finally have access to one. Or I could always save it for the eventual twin vipers. Hmm.

why not grind for another one? Are they so hard to make?

This game is awesome btw, surprising it doesn't get more attention on GAF

Dreavus

why not grind for another one? Are they so hard to make?

This game is awesome btw, surprising it doesn't get more attention on GAF

Yeah, the blueprints are a one time use, and you can only find them off of "alert" missions with a "?" listed in the rewards.

Or, of course, visit the cash shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom