• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT3| Zephyr any day now...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I need 2x like yesterday to free 165 slots.
Kalifa hates me though, been running her exclusively and only gotten 16 copies of her.

xrokis

I finally got the last skill up for Bonney and was able to leave duck isle forever. It may be my least favorite fortnight ever, edging out Hogback which comes back next week. I still don't know what team I'm running for Prisoner Croc, guess it'll be dependent on what captains show up.

i finally got her last skill up as well a few days ago, but did you max the real mvp in this fortnight though?
Qt7BsKI.jpg
didn't know what else to do with all these ducks ^^
if you haven't farmed her, miss doublefinger is probably gonna be useful, plus her sb drop there

Kyou

How much does it take to max Carue? Mine's at 6.

Also I maxed Vivi this morning, yay. One less thing of value this fortnight can give me

lucypirates

Unconfirmed Member
i finally got her last skill up as well a few days ago, but did you max the real mvp in this fortnight though?

Lol, I purposefully chose not to. That's great you were able to succeed...! My goofy max skill goal was the Sea Cat and Dugongs this fortnight.

I couldn't see myself using Duck Squad with a 18 turn max special, I did like that he was a striker. But ultimately opted to just wait for Heracles'n. I did keep one single unevolved Karoo for my box collection. Otherwise let's just say Enel and Sengoku were privy to gorge on a lot of duck soup the past couple weeks.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Its been a steady progress but looking at the list of available Friend Captains is way more satisfying compared to a couple months ago. Seems like the ridiculous dominance of Mihawk is slowing down a bit as we get more interesting farmable Captains. Hope it continues that way in 2016 and we get Zephyr early to kickstart Shooter teams.

PS. After reading a couple of Guides my Doffy team is ready as well.

quickmemo_2015-12-21-hxxww.png

Only need to add a couple BB Users the next days.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Its been a steady progress but looking at the list of available Friend Captains is way more satisfying compared to a couple months ago. Seems like the ridiculous dominance of Mihawk is slowing down a bit as we get more interesting farmable Captains. Hope it continues that way in 2016 and we get Zephyr early to kickstart Shooter teams.
Or none of the fortnight are good with him at all...

cw_sasuke

Or none of the fortnight are good with him at all...

Yeah that was part of Bamcos task to create Challenges were other Captains and Teams outshine Mihawk/Slashers. With that said Doffy obv. will make Slasher teams even stronger...but as long a we have enough events running at the same time i think it only will improve.

I'm only going to ask this once, because I'm not sure if it's against the rules or not, but: Would there be anyone who would be willing to create some graphics for my OPTC site? I had almost given up on it, but Heng and Ralch have been helping out on it the past couple of weeks, and we are really starting to crank out some material.

I can't really offer a whole lot, since I make absolutely nothing from the site, but I could probably toss a gift card for the game or something your way.

Again, this will be the only time I ask! Don't want to junk up the thread.

Jayhawk

Don't forget to enter my raffle for the next global Sugofest if you haven't already! I'm guessing we'll get another Sugofest shortly after everyone used up all their gems on Doflamingo.

Jayhawk said:
I'll be giving away $20-30 via Google Play Store or Apple App Store online gift card to a random lucky member of the OPTC GAF community. The expectation is that the winner uses that gift card towards rainbow gems explicitly for the next Sugofest. To be eligible, send me a PM of your in game handle and you must be on my in game friend list. You must also have posted in this thread. I'll accept entries until a few days before the next Sugofest and I'll pick a winner then.

Kyou

I'm only going to ask this once, because I'm not sure if it's against the rules or not, but: Would there be anyone who would be willing to create some graphics for my OPTC site? I had almost given up on it, but Heng and Ralch have been helping out on it the past couple of weeks, and we are really starting to crank out some material.

I can't really offer a whole lot, since I make absolutely nothing from the site, but I could probably toss a gift card for the game or something your way.

I wouldn't mind helping out a bit.

on topic at 19 Usopp books. Can I get six more before tomorrow night?! We'll see! (probably not)

edit: Also Jayhawk I think I entered but I'm not sure if we're in-game friends

Jayhawk

I wouldn't mind helping out a bit.

on topic at 19 Usopp books. Can I get six more before tomorrow night?! We'll see! (probably not)

edit: Also Jayhawk I think I entered but I'm not sure if we're in-game friends

Sent a friend request in game. :>

cw_sasuke

I dont have graphics skill to provide but its cool that you guys are already working on Guides for upcoming Fortnights. Sadi-Chan looks really easy...i foresee a Mihawk dominated friendlist again when we get her.

PS. On the Sadi Guide you mixed up the Vista cooldown Info.

Don't forget to enter my raffle for the next global Sugofest if you haven't already! I'm guessing we'll get another Sugofest shortly after everyone used up all their gems on Doflamingo.

This is very likely lol...well you cant have it all.

I dont have graphics skill to provide but its cool that you guys are already working on Guides for upcoming Fortnights. Sadi-Chan looks really easy...i foresee a Mihawk dominated friendlist again when we get her.

PS. On the Sadi Guide you mixed up the Vista cooldown Info.

Thanks buddy. It's really mostly Heng and Ralch that are pounding out the guides. It's taking all of my time to just edit and upload all of them. Doffy is our next project and we hope to have it finished by at least the end of the week.

And thanks for the catch on Vista's cooldown. Already fixed!

Tidd

Yeah that was part of Bamcos task to create Challenges were other Captains and Teams outshine Mihawk/Slashers. With that said Doffy obv. will make Slasher teams even stronger...but as long a we have enough events running at the same time i think it only will improve.

Doffy makes every team team stronger :D

As the skill up is approaching, I decided it's time to share the result of my hoarding again:

material I can use:

3 x blameco books
3 x kuma books
18 x godsopp books
3 x aisa books
3 x rumble chopper
1 x kraken
2 x kalifa
2 x paulie
5 x ivankov
2 x godsopp
4 x garp
37 x carue (sigh)

Majukun

do we know if long ring island tomorrow (tonight for US guys) is gonna come out with some special event attached (doube drop or half stamina) or not?
depends of that i might postpone the actual story run..
also..the only good character there is foxxy right?

bjork

Some of the long ring characters look like they have useful specials, but only if you don't have another character with a similar one. One dude has a 2-turn bind reduce, one has a "hit all enemies for 5000" and I forget what else. Nothing that seems like a must-have, unless you're trying to fill out the log.

RedBoot

do we know if long ring island tomorrow (tonight for US guys) is gonna come out with some special event attached (doube drop or half stamina) or not?
depends of that i might postpone the actual story run..
also..the only good character there is foxxy right?

I don't think there's an actual event (like we got for Skypeia 2), but Tuesday should be the usual half stamina day for Long Ring, so if you wait a few hours you can save some stamina.

I'll probably still just run through it all tonight. I want it out of the way before Croc.

Foxy's got a great special, but the max cooldown is 20 turns. Probably not going to see much use.

Majukun

japan is getting a christmas sugofest..i wonder if we'll got one too..
problem is,i wanna reserve my gems for ferming BB and doflamingo..so i kinda don't want it to happen :p

xrokis

PS. After reading a couple of Guides my Doffy team is ready as well.

Only need to add a couple BB Users the next days.

you already have a max skill bb and marco right?
which tactic are you going to use, the one where you heal up with marco after the pre-emptive?
if so, i believe you wouldn't even need gp or alvida. you could bring mc and mihawk instead and save a bit of time.
stalling shouldn't be a problem, because you basically can go in with 2hp

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I was going to skip turtles today...but i managed to max skill Kalifa yesterday so i dont need to run that Island anymore.

Thats impressive outside of a skillup event :eek:
Did 4-5 runs on the Carou Special Island yesterday and im done with it. I only wanted to get all the Ducks so i can evolve at least one version.

Log Nami x Towel Nami is a great combo for that stage, people werent lying.
Man probably should have waited for the skillup event, i mean Turtles are a weekly event and getting those books probably took a while - well at least you have the space now.

Do you have a 500 box ?
I have a 500 box, and I have about 250 spaes worth of skillbooks and units on stanby for the skill up event. Bonney was already at special level 3 (her max is 6), and she's not that good, so I made a judgement call.

Incidentally, I have 5 more books for her now, and only 2 skill levels to go.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Treasure Cruise JP is now approaching 1.4GB of total app storage, and my phone can't accommodate binary of that magnitude. Had to delete the Youtube app just to barely squeak into v5.1. Gotta make the move to a tablet, but the best one I have is one of those root-and-custom-rom-resistant Amazon types.

First world problems on tap, chased with a glass of whine. Still, would it kill these JP companies to allow you to locally back up a save without root access, instead of this closed-door cloud nonsense? The thought of losing Sabo, SW Ace, and now-beastly Sengoku due to a botched transfer or OS update is frustrating.

Oh hey, I had completely forgotten about this. I'll send you a PM.

Tidd

STRONG WORLD SHANKS SUGO?!!! + but instead of the sw Straw hats we get the missing log units

+ Int rate up during the sugo

RedBoot

STRONG WORLD SHANKS SUGO?!!! + but instead of the sw Straw hats we get the missing log units

Yup, Log Zoro, Franky, and Vivi, as expected. We have hindrance orbs now, so Zoro and Franky are fair-game.

This should be the end of the Log Sugos, at least for now. We can't get Log Ace for a while.

Interesting that Shanks is separate from the other SW characters…fuel for the "No Movie Content" theories? Maybe they need to be renamed/redrawn? Shanks isn't actually from the Strong World movie, despite his name.

EDIT: Also, according to the news post, Christmas Law and Bonnie will still be available during the sugo, so there's really no reason to try for them right now.

bzzt

Neo Member
Yup, Log Zoro, Franky, and Vivi, as expected. We have hindrance orbs now, so Zoro and Franky are fair-game.

This should be the end of the Log Sugos, at least for now. We can't get Log Ace for a while.

Interesting that Shanks is separate from the other SW characters…fuel for the "No Movie Content" theories? Maybe they need to be renamed/redrawn? Shanks isn't actually from the Strong World movie, despite his name.

EDIT: Also, according to the news post, Christmas Law and Bonnie will still be available during the sugo, so there's really no reason to try for them right now.

What about SW Ace? I don't remember him being in the movie (it's been a while since I've seen it though). Didn't Japan get both at the same time? Maybe the Sugo after this one is SW Ace. I really want to save for that one, but temptation is strong. I might do more that my customary 2 pulls per Sugo this time.

Tidd

What about SW Ace? I don't remember him being in the movie (it's been a while since I've seen it though). Didn't Japan get both at the same time? Maybe the Sugo after this one is SW Ace. I really want to save for that one, but temptation is strong. I might do more that my customary 2 pulls per Sugo this time.

Shanks and Ace were on different batches. If we won't get a filler sugo the chance is high that Ace is the next legend. But it sucks that Bandai doesn't include the other SW units with it. And yeah both weren't in the movie. So no copyright issues... xP

Well I wont pull just for a legend and save my gems to max Doffy day1.

RedBoot

Yeah, even though people generally call them SW Shanks and Ace, the game refers to them as "Black Clothes" versions, and that's true for both Global and Japan. I can't remember the origin of the designs…were they just promotional designs to tie into the movie? I guess they'd be exempt from any licensing.

Looks like hindrance orbs are called Block Orbs in Global. Also, I forgot block orbs and bomb orbs were two different things…

One more fun fact: Long Ring Long Land was the first story arc of the anime to be animated in high-definition, so if the images used in story mode seem slightly higher quality than before, that's why. :)

chrono01

First post in the new OT! \o/

I'm kind of disappointed to see Namco Bandai break up the SW units like that. Only SW Shanks mixed in with Log Vivi/Zoro/Franky? I think I'll pass and wait for something else, especially since it's an INT rate-up and I already have a pretty strong team for that type, unless I manage to win the raffle in which case I'll do my pulls and hope for something miraculous to occur. It's been at least three Sugofest since I've received anything halfway decent, so I'm definitely due for something nice. Hopefully.

Kyou

I'm really pulling for you. The amount of time you've been after him, you deserve that pull.
With my Uzopp likely maxed I might be able to get the Mihawk boat without him, so I don't even need him anymore.

Which probably means I'll get him.

Jayhawk

So is it even worth pulling today at all or should I just wait for sugo?

Not worth pulling today.

Also, I will use http://www.randomresult.com/ticket.php as the tool to randomly select one of the entrants. I'll do the draw on the evening of December 23rd, so that I can get the gift card code out to the winner in time for Sugofest. I'll use that site and enter the names in the order I received their PM and the name they pick will be winner. I'll take a screenshot.

chrono01

With my Uzopp likely maxed I might be able to get the Mihawk boat without him, so I don't even need him anymore.

Which probably means I'll get him.
Haha, that sounds about right. That being said, it's the principle of it all. You deserve him so, regardless of whether or not you'd actually use him...you should have him in your collection!

If I could give you my Balloon Luffy/duplicate G3 Luffy, I would. :/

bzzt

Neo Member
First post in the new OT! \o/

I'm kind of disappointed to see Namco Bandai break up the SW units like that. Only SW Shanks mixed in with Log Vivi/Zoro/Franky? I think I'll pass and wait for something else, especially since it's an INT rate-up and I already have a pretty strong team for that type, unless I manage to win the raffle in which case I'll do my pulls and hope for something miraculous to occur. It's been at least three Sugofest since I've received anything halfway decent, so I'm definitely due for something nice. Hopefully.

Type rate ups don't mean much to me, every sugofest is Sanji rate up x10. I'm still missing Rayleigh, Moria, Towel Nami, Curiel, and Log Nami; if I get lucky with the type up, I could still upgrade my int team. Vista isn't bad, but silence kills his captain ability. I do feel like I used up all my luck on the very first Sugo, drawing balloon Luffy and Whitebeard.

I need only 3 skill ups for GP Ussop, but the first 2 levels took 12 books. I have 15, so hopefully my luck turns.

Majukun

Yes, and you already entered. lol
yeah, but back then many of us assumed it was just a US thing and never got an answer :p
well it's not. like I plan to win anyway XD

talking about Sugofest.. don't know if I'll pull.. though getting finally a towel Nami and freeing a bit of space occupied by her books would be nice

Jayhawk

yeah, but back then many of us assumed it was just a US thing and never got an answer :p
well it's not. like I plan to win anyway XD

talking about Sugofest.. don't know if I'll pull.. though getting finally a towel Nami and freeing a bit of space occupied by her books would be nice

Pretty sure I answered back then too that it wasn't restricted to NA.

Top Bottom