• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sven says No plans to bring EX Troopers westward at this time.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Sorry Lost Planet Fans, EX Troopers Isn't Coming To The West

NintendoLife said:
The forum member's original question actually related to the thorny issue of the Mega Man series, and a recent comment by Svensson that he feels the franchise has too many 'sub series'. To counter this argument, the forum poster mentioned EX Troopers based on the fact that it's a sub series of Lost Planet, seemingly making the assumption that the game would be heading out of Japan.

Svensson's response was:

No because EX Troopers isn't part of the LP series officially (thus the difference in name) nor are there plans to bring it Westward at this time.​

So there you have it - Capcom isn't looking to translate and publish EX Troopers outside of its native Japan, where it launches on November 22nd of this year.

:/

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
He didn't confirm anything. He just said there aren't plans right now.

Edit: I don't think the game will be released in the West, by the way.

And I know you weren't the one who created the title, Andrex.

Takao

Banned
If it was coming, it would've already been announced. The fact that it was announced weeks after Captivate kind of was a death sentence.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
6O4kh.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
He didn't confirm anything. He just said there aren't plans right now.

Edit: I don't think the game will be released in the West, by the way.

I'm trying to envision a scenario in which that would change. Short of an Operation Rainfall-campaign, I highly doubt it.

"No Plans" sounds like typical corporatespeak for shooting down a release while still leaving yourself some wiggle room.

And I know you weren't the one who created the title, Andrex.

?

I changed it a couple times.

Pikma

Banned
Fucking Capcpom, I was like one of the last people been patient about MH, now I'm gone mad, FUCK that company and their bullshit.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Why would you release something people want?

You wouldn't, because that's money that could be spent paying people to slap the Devil May Cry franchise in the face with their limp cocks.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I just don't even understand what this fucking company is even doing anymore, why even have a western branch? The only Capcom game I had light interest in playing (since Monster Hunter doesn't exist anymore), and no plans. Thank god they've funded that LP3 though!

Its like they're oddly ashamed of their japanese teams ever seeing their work release off of the asian islands these days. Fuck them.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm trying to envision a scenario in which that would change. Short of an Operation Rainfall-campaign, I highly doubt it.

"No Plans" sounds like typical corporatespeak for shooting down a release while still leaving yourself some wiggle room.

I guess you're right, but I always get the feeling that, unless they say "We won't release the game," (which almost never happens) it doesn't sound right to post articles like those.

?

I changed it a couple times.

Oh, you did. I thought you just quoted the original article title.

I wonder how Sven feels about always being the harbinger of bad news. Oh right, he doesn't give a shit as evidenced by how he communicates with the fanbase.

CAAAAAAAAAAPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

You're just lucky that you haven't localized Ace Attorney 5 or AA Investigations 2 yet, or else I would walk across the ocean and slap you silly personally.

Astery

makes sense to me.
Why do you guys think Lost Planet splits into western Lost Planet 3 for PS360 and Ex Troopers for PS3DS?

Omikaru

Whilst I think the game looks amazing, the pink-haired protagonist pretty much sealed this one's fate.

Never leaving Japan.

Oersted

No because EX Troopers isn't part of the LP series officially (thus the difference in name) nor are there plans to bring it Westward at this time.

translation:

If there is going to be a game that does essentially the same and is ridicously succesful we will think about riding on that wave.

So basically never.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I just don't even understand what this fucking company is even doing anymore, why even have a western branch? The only Capcom game I had light interest in playing (since Monster Hunter doesn't exist anymore), and no plans. Thank god they've funded that LP3 though!

Its like they're oddly ashamed of their japanese teams ever seeing their work release off of the asian islands these days. Fuck them.

Oddly this is the exact type of title Capcom would have been proud to show off before this generation I feel. They loved being known as (one of) the crazy, high-octane game maker, even back to the NES.

Now they're chasing them dudebros.

branny

I have zero interest in Lost Planet.

I am interested in EX Troopers.

I seem to be hating Capcom often lately.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
andrex doesn't know how to read

If you know something, please enlighten me instead of taking potshots.

This is different from the constant "maybe we will, you just have to be patient" talk. This is them explicitly saying they don't have plans to bring it over. And if they don't, who does? Nobody. They're not thinking of bringing it over, period.

Capcom, the same company that's ignored games like Last Ranker, Ace Attorney Investigations...

Except this game is a bit of a shooter which has more appeal than those. So yeah, it's definitely more shocking than a PSP game not being localized and a spin off Ace Attorney as much as I wanted both.

Boney

Banned
If you know something, please enlighten me instead of taking potshots.

This is different from the constant "maybe we will, you just have to be patient" talk. This is them explicitly saying they don't have plans to bring it over. And if they don't, who does? Nobody. They're not thinking of bringing it over, period.
I'll take potshots when they are deserved

They won't announce it on a forum just because a dude asks. I don't think it's coming but this doesn't "confirm" anything

Top Bottom