• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

dustyherb

Did anyone here enjoy the first half of this season lol? It definitely wasn't my favorite half but I still really liked it. Ya it was extremely slow but I loved seeing the world finally expanding. I feel like they needed to slow down so they could focus on introducing all the new communities and people. If any of these places and characters are around for the long term they needed the focus. I get it doesn't help that 1 community was being shown per episode but I think in the long run it will be worth it. There's now 5 large commmunities and the fight against the saviors is now looking like it's going to be fucking huge.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Did anyone here enjoy the first half of this season lol? It definitely wasn't my favorite half but I still really liked it. Ya it was extremely slow but I loved seeing the world finally expanding. I feel like they needed to slow down so they could focus on introducing all the new communities and people. If any of these places and characters are around for the long term they needed the focus. I get it doesn't help that 1 community was being shown per episode but I think in the long run it will be worth it. There's now 5 large commmunities and the fight against the saviors is now looking like it's going to be fucking huge.

I'd probably say that the first half of Season 6 was more enjoyable for me. But just looking at Season 7 Part 1 on its own? Yeah, I liked it enough to be coming back for more. The only episode I outright didn't care for was the one with Tara. And even that introduced a new community and gave her some much needed character development. Not my cup of tea but at least it accomplished something.

My real gripe with this season has been the episode lengths. All of the extended episodes have just felt unnecessarily long with scenes that drag on or repeat themselves.

Mediking

How does a Walker like this... even exist? Some dude dressed up as a knight.... got killed.... and this is the result???

Code:
[IMG]https://j.gifs.com/MjmLPB.gif[/IMG]

How does a Walker like this... even exist? Some dude dressed up as a knight.... got killed.... and this is the result???

Code:

I think it's a safe assumption that people made the walker like that to make it hard to kill, maybe as a form of defense in front of their base.

Blatz

Let's revisit how our Alexandria homeys are doing as we approach the 2-year anniversary of Rick's crew moving in and taking over... as since the last time I did this tally, Olivia got shot in the face, Spencer got disemboweled and Heath went missing so he could kill terrorists on 24.

We're down to the Final 12. Who will wind up as the last survivor? My money's on Bob. Oh yes... that old dude is also called Bob. Walking Dead can't ever have enough Bobs.

Did I miss something?
Heath is still alive, right? As far as we know.

LycanXIII

Let's revisit how our Alexandria homeys are doing as we approach the 2-year anniversary of Rick's crew moving in and taking over... as since the last time I did this tally, Olivia got shot in the face, Spencer got disemboweled and Heath went missing so he could kill terrorists on 24.

We're down to the Final 12. Who will wind up as the last survivor? My money's on Bob. Oh yes... that old dude is also called Bob. Walking Dead can't ever have enough Bobs.

Eric's still alive? They spent the past season and a half building relationships between the characters and I don't remember a single thing between Aaron and Eric.

Blatz

Eric's still alive? They spent the past season and a half building relationships between the characters and I don't remember a single thing between Aaron and Eric.

Yeah, he was in that scene where Aaron got the crap beat out of him.

Surfinn

I hope Aaron and Heath are in it more. They're both awesome. Although the dude who plays Heath is on another show now so..

Jaraghan

Fucking in for this. I used to watch Walking Dead regularly until the end of season 3. I started from the beginning last month and I am totally hooked. Negan is fantastic, Rick with his revolver back is going to kick ass (although he'll never be as badass as season 5 Rick), and hopefully Carol goes back into beast mode again.

tootie923

Damn, those Abe gifs sting. Too soon!

Will Eric ever get any characterization, or is he going to continue as the Background Gay until his inevitable death? I thought maybe Tobin was going to get a decent storyline with Carol, but that went out the window.

dustyherb

Did I miss something?
Heath is still alive, right? As far as we know.
Ya as far as we know. I wonder where he fucking went tho or if he was taken maybe.

Lol ya surprisingly. He had a line in episode 4 while all the Alexandrians were gathered in the church. He asked Rick what they were going to do about Negan or whatever. He also was holding up Aaron when Negan gutted Spencer. Idk why the don't focus on him at least a little fucking more. At least focus on his relationship with Aaron.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I really don't understand how this is a hatewatch show to some. I mean, I understand it being an obligatorybecauseivebeenwatchingsinceday1watch but hatewatch? When WD is bad, it's just slow and boring and not particularly funny in a bad way. Not like some other shows on TV. (Cough the following cough)

It's a very odd show to hatewatch, that's for sure. There are far more entertaining shows out there to hatewatch if you're the hatewatching type.

Hey hey...hey... It's Maggie Rhee

I agree about extended episodes being drawn out for the sake of air time; I'm still excited for part 2 though. I wonder what Negan will do when pushed hard enough.

Season 7A was better than Season 6 as a whole IMO.

Grisby

Oh man, did not realize this was coming back so soon. Looks like my Sunday got a bit better.

Code:
Extra from Dark Souls 4 right there.

Lol Eugene is the biggest wuss ever but I hope he stays alive too.
he is a wuss and he's done some fucked up shit too but his knowledge could make him valuable in the future. he made that bullet that Rosita tried to kill Negan with. If this savior bullshit is finally overturned and they get that gunshop working again, it'll be a lot easier to kill zombies.

RangerX

Banned
I really don't understand how this is a hatewatch show to some. I mean, I understand it being an obligatorybecauseivebeenwatchingsinceday1watch but hatewatch? When WD is bad, it's just slow and boring and not particularly funny in a bad way. Not like some other shows on TV. (Cough the following cough)

Nah the writing in this show can border on complete dogshit at times, on a par with the worst shows. For example the hospital storyline or Glenns fake out death. I watch because there is a paucity of zombie media on telly.

dustyherb

I swear if this 2nd half doesn't resolve Negan and Saviours thing, I'm done with this show.
Ya well looks like your going to be done most likely. The Governor took a season and a half, I don't see why Negan would be defeated even quicker. I'm guessing it won't be finished till the end 8, possibly the first half of 8 but I doubt that as well.

Ya well looks like your going to be done most likely. The Governor took a season and a half, I don't see why Negan would be defeated even quicker. I'm guessing it won't be finished till the end 8, possibly the first half of 8 but I doubt that as well.

Comic spoiler ahead

iirc the goodies push back Negan's crew with the help of Dwight until he's practically sieged inside his compound for quite a while right?

If that ^ plays out then I can see
Negan getting at least Usurped
at the end of Season 7 but the whole
Rick keeps Negan in prison
bit, if they decide to do that, will carry on into next season and beyond

dustyherb

Comic spoiler ahead

iirc the goodies push back Negan's crew with the help of Dwight until he's practically sieged inside his compound for quite a while right?

If that ^ plays out then I can see
Negan getting at least Usurped
at the end of Season 7 but the whole
Rick keeps Negan in prison
bit, if they decide to do that, will carry on into next season and beyond
Getting a little ahead but the show changes a lot around so anything is possible.
Major Comic spoilers
Negan doesn't get pushed back and locked inside the Sanctuary until the very first battle of All Out War. Dwight doesn't help a ton here except that Negan asks him to send a team out the back to the outposts for help. Which I don't believe he does.
But before all that Rick still has to recruit an army which hasn't happened. The first fight at Alexandria hasn't happened which results in the second Lucille lineup. We also have non comic stuff to get through like boots person spying on Alexandria.

i don't see the siege on sanctuary happening till episode 1 of season 8. Pretty sure that's going to be the 100th episode as well. So it would be perfect.

Moofers

Getting a little ahead but the show changes a lot around so anything is possible.
Major Comic spoilers
Negan doesn't get pushed back and locked inside the Sanctuary until the very first battle of All Out War. Dwight doesn't help a ton here except that Negan asks him to send a team out the back to the outposts for help. Which I don't believe he does.
But before all that Rick still has to recruit an army which hasn't happened. The first fight at Alexandria hasn't happened which results in the second Lucille lineup. We also have non comic stuff to get through like boots person spying on Alexandria.

i don't see the siege on sanctuary happening till episode 1 of season 8. Pretty sure that's going to be the 100th episode as well. So it would be perfect.
Question:
I saw the issue where it gets revealed that Carl has been talking to Negan in his cell, however I do not remember seeing another Lucille lineup. Who got the bat that time?

Cronen

Question:
I saw the issue where it gets revealed that Carl has been talking to Negan in his cell, however I do not remember seeing another Lucille lineup. Who got the bat that time?

So I've been reading the comics recently (for the first time), and I believe the lineup in question is just prior to the war, outside of Alexandria. No one gets the bat, but Lucile does gets shot. Although I am currently halfway through the All Out War arc, so I may be wrong here!

Edit: Further clarification and grammar!

DBT85

Hopefully Rick has found his balls at last and Negan gets his back problems sorted, since he can't seem to stand up straight.

dustyherb

Question:
Comic spoilers
No one gets Lucilled actually. Jesus ended up sneaking behind and grabbing Negan. After that the kingdom with Shiva come in and drive back the saviors.

cynostic

Aw yis. Here we go again.

Except, being part of the UK audience means we'll have to wait until Monday evening. Yawn.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The mid season premiere is tonight!

Rock in the Road

Rick and the group are led to a new community, where they are introduced to its inhabitants and ruler; and a familiar face resurfaces.

Tonight's episode was written by Angela Kang, who last co-wrote 7.7 "Sing Me a Song" (the one where Carl chills with Negan at the Sanctuary) and was directed by Greg Nicotero, who last directed 7.2 "The Well" (the one where Carol and Morgan meet Ezekiel).

Tonight's episode is scheduled to run for 13 minutes past the hour.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Khary Payton (Ezekiel)
Greg Nicotero (director, special effects guru)
DeAngelo Williams (Running back, Pittsburgh Steelers)

Personally Can't say I've been anticipating the return like past years, kinda snuck up on me.

I will say the walking dead usually does awesome premeries though. So I will slowly increase my hype throughout the day 🤔

The mid season premiere is tonight!

Tonight's episode was written by Angela Kang, who last co-wrote 7.7 "Sing Me a Song" (the one where Carl chills with Negan at the Sanctuary) and was directed by Greg Nicotero, who last directed 7.2 "The Well" (the one where Carol and Morgan meet Ezekiel).

Tonight's episode is scheduled to run for 13 minutes past the hour.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Khary Payton (Ezekiel)
Greg Nicotero (director, special effects guru)
DeAngelo Williams (Running back, Pittsburgh Steelers)
woowooooo didn't know Greg was directing tonight. Happy to watch more of his stuff for an extra run time.

Leeness

I did :D I love pretty much all of the show though. Haha.

Just rewatching No Way Out and I think it's still my favourite episode of the show.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I haven't seen any episodes since the mattress raid on Alexandria. Is it worth watching any of the episodes that I've missed since then before tonight?

Oh neat, this show is back. To be honest I thought the Negan visiting Alexandria stuff in the previous ep was great. The awkward tension and fear was pretty well done. Hope they purge more characters right and left.

Top Bottom