• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Famitsu scans

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybe we'll find out more about why there are only three Gorons in the Wind Waker.

Can't wait.

Kafel

Banned
So hot :O

Finally we see other characters : a very pleasant atmosphere seem to be in the little cartridge.

Jaagen

Awesome. You can customize the boat! With enough options, I guess we'll at some point see the "GAF Pimp my Zelda boat" thread. Especially if they have an option for custom decals/flags/marks.

luffeN

Jaagen said:
Awesome. You can customize the boat! With enough options, I guess we'll at some point see the "GAF Pimp my Zelda boat" thread. Especially if they have an option for custom decals/flags/marks.

well there was this kind of custom decal option in mario kart for DS, so why not also in zelda :)

Mar

This game seems to look better the more I see it. I'm looking forward to this more than I did TP for Wii.

Having said that, I wasn't exceptionaly excited for TP... But you get the idea.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Holy ****ing shit.

Really, this games looks astonishing and the touch controls looks to be simple and fun. I can't wait to put my dirty hands on this piece of software.

After all, it's a Zelda game :D

Alkaliine said:
I think I'm finally seeing the true Zelda spark in this game during the last few weeks.
Yep lately, my interest has been continually rising with each growing info. These latest scans just seal it for me, I can see so much charm, character and personality in here, like it seems to have finally gotten that Zelda charm I've been looking for, and now I really am excited. I have confindence that this game should deliver. A portable Zelda game is long overdue.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i see like-likes, the zelda enemy you love to hate.

"learning to like your like-like: a good guide to a bad pet"

Brofist

Saw the commercial today on TV (before I saw this topic), looks pretty fun..definite 1st day purchase.

looks gorgeous.

cel shading really suits the DS. don't know why more games don't go that route.

can't wait. windwaker is still my favourite zelda game, so naturally i'm excited about this one :)

zigg

beelzebozo said:
i see like-likes, the zelda enemy you love to hate.

Those are actually Rupee Likes. They made their first appearance in Four Swords for GBA--basically, they'd look like an ordinary Rupee, until you ran up to grab them, at which point they'd wrap themselves around you and suck your wallet dry.

Kafel

Banned
Alkaliine said:
DS not only has a much bigger userbase than Wii but this game will be considerably more appealing to the Japanese market.

TP was released on NGC too.

But I want this game to revive the japanese love for Zelda.

TreIII

Awesome. Simply awesome.

I wasn't able to be hyped about TP, but this game definitely looks to be bringing back a lot of what made me love Zelda in the first place.

I just hope the dungeon designs are up to snuff...

ant1532

Banned
I'm deciding if I should wait for this to hit US and get Ouendan 2(loved the 1st and EBA) or import it. Does anyone know what the estimated US release date on this is?

The game continues to look better and better.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
First time I can say that the pictures are swaying me towards a purchase. Might still wait on impressions from here and reviews though :(

JDSN

Banned
Awesome, one of the biggest letdown of WW was the fact that they never showed the arctic land where those three guys came from.

Top Bottom