• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Playstation DE outs Star Wars 1313 for PS3 in 2013 [LA: No Announced Platforms]

Update:

Quentyn said:
Heh, Kotaku posted the story and a couple minutes later

Sorry Leute.. Es gibt noch keine Plattformen die seitens Lucas Arts zum Spiel genannt wurden. Da wir selbst Gamer sind, hoffen wir aber natürlich auf einen Release des Spiels auf einer unserer PlayStation Plattformen und das wollten wir mit den Bildern nochmal unterstreichen.

Also SORRY nochmal für die Aufregung hier!!

Short translation: There are no platforms announced, but they are gamers themselves and hope to see the game on "our Playstation platforms" in the future.

---

Kotaku has a statement from Lucasarts

We asked Lucas PR: "The official PlayStation Germany site is listing Star Wars 1313 for PS3. Is the game coming to that platform? Or is the page in error?"

They've said: "No, that was an inaccurate post. We have not confirmed any platforms yet for 1313 and do not have any announcements to make at this time."

---

The official german Facebook Page from Playstation says Star Wars 1313 is coming out for PS3 in 2013. They also added some pictures.

Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/PlayStation.DE?ref=stream

Star Wars 1313 erscheint 2013 für PlayStation 3.

This says Star Wars 1313 releases in 2013 for Playstation 3

Do you think this will really come out at this generation of consoles? Somehow i doubt it.

Did you know the game is running on Unreal Engine 3?

Yeah it can be ported to current gen, but I think theres lots of chances the game will be delayed considering it's on new tech and is a whole new star wars franchise. Although now Disney is in charge of deciding when and where it comes out.

monome

The official german Facebook Page from Playstation says Star Wars 1313 is coming out for PS3 in 2013. They also added some pictures.

Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/PlayStation.DE?ref=stream

This says Star Wars 1313 releases in 2013 for Playstation 3

Do you think this will really come out at this generation of consoles? Somehow i doubt it.

I doubt it can't come to this generation.
Waiting for the PS720 reveals to see how dual-gen ports will be handled.

If it's akin to Skyrim 360 vs Skyrim PC with mods, I'm very ok with this.
Devs need the PS360 money.

I guess some developers will try to release cross-generational titles. Would make sense from an economical point of view. And I wasn't that much impressed by what we have seen from Star Wars 1313. It looks "good", but imo not jaw-dropping good.

DBT85

This is not the platform I was looking for.

Should have been the first reply.

I wonder if it will be a multiplat that is on PS4/XB3 as well as PS360?

Sure;y that is the best way to go for multiplayt games for the next 18 months or so to guarantee sales of the game with a wide target market.

Reiko

Banned
I hope the framerate won't be too cinematic.

Think Silent Film.

untitled-2pd9fz.gif

The visual downgrade of forever.

Eideka

Banned
Wait...Is this really the official Facebook page ?

Diese Fanpage ist für euch gedacht und wir rufen euch dazu auf, Kommentare, Fotos, Videos und Links zu posten. Bitte beachtet aber, dass wir jeden Post von euch lesen und im Falle von unpassenden oder beleidigenden Inhalten entfernen müssen.

Google translation :
This fan page is for you, and we will call on you to post comments, photos, videos and links. Please note, however, that we read every post from you, and have the case removed from inappropriate or offensive content.

spwolf

of course they will make it for PS3 and 360... thats silly to even think about - we are talking about install base of 150 million vs upcoming consoles which will start from 0.

Sony, Microsoft, all the 3rd party publishers are here to make money on software, not hardware, so i am thinking that most games will have ports as long as people buy them (they wont forever, but might for first 2-3 years).

Eideka

Banned
Gemüsepizza;46547340 said:

Okay then, but I still think this is mistake on the part of Playstation DE.

Although this would make sense to release it for the current-gen given the user base.

Karuto

Running on UE3 does not make it non-next-gen.

Why would they make it for next gen when they can get it running beautifully on the current cycle with an actual established install base with the most people they can sell it to? If it does become cross-platform, it certainly won't look much different.

Xater

I am pretty sure that at E3 they said the game would be coming to unannounced systems. This seems more like a social media guy fucking up. It might be one of these games that comes out for both generations but I don#t want to know how this will perform on PS3.

Karuto

I am pretty sure that at E3 they said the game would be coming to unannounced systems. This seems more like a social media guy fucking up. It might be one of these games that comes out for both generations but I don#t want to know how this will perform on PS3.

They never said anything of the sort.

Did you watch the E3 video?

Doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things if it's something that can already create with the systems out there now. Like I said, it could be cross-platform, but it'll still be on PS3/72. They always put Star Wars games on as many platforms as possible.

Eideka

Banned
Lmao, wasn't the demo running on like dual GTX 580s?

3 GTX680 in fact.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested, some new detail :
http://www.sidequesting.com/2013/01/linkedin-sleuthing-star-wars-1313-2/

Multiple profiles suggest development on Star Wars 1313 began in mid- to late 2009. The project seems to have ramped up in the past year.
http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/CVI_Star_Wars_1313_147676.asp
http://thegungancouncil.podbean.com/2012/08/23/celebration-vi-star-wars-1313-panel/

From the CVI panel :
- It will come to PC
- There will be DLC (unless there is a complete retail version of the game, I find it to be a downer)
- No multiplayer or co-op
- No side-quests
- Linear game although with explorable open areas (instead of corridor style maps)
- The game will last around 9 hours (similar to the first The Force Unleashed game)
- Timeline closer to A New Hope than Revenge of the Sith

Why would they make it for next gen when they can get it running beautifully on the current cycle with an actual established install base with the most people they can sell it to? If it does become cross-platform, it certainly won't look much different.

What we saw cannot "run beautifully on the current cycle".

Boerseun

Banned
There is no reason it could not be done on current gen hardware if everything is scripted. Consider - no AI, minimal physics, no player-controlled camera - your whole game can be built around showing the player what you want to show them and at what point in time you want to show it.

Top Bottom