• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Press Conference Dated.

ZSkvs.jpg

mirainikki.gif

Nintendo conferences are so hit and miss...

This year could be amazing like E3 2010, or it could be an utter disappointment like E3 2008 or E3 2011.

It all hinges on how Wii U is presented and if they have a few big budget AAA games that take advantage of the hardware (like a next-gen mario or zelda).

Pikmin and NSBM ain't gonna cut it, and I'm afraid this is all they will have.

Keyouta

Very excited for all 3 conferences. Too bad I have school so I can't watch them live. Well, except for the Sony one.

I hope Nintendo spends the least amount of time as possible on the Wii and DS.

Luigiv

Who the hell is having final exams in June. Classes end in early May in the civilized world.
I have exams around E3 time but then again I live in the southern hemisphere and those exams are actually midyear exams not end of year exams.

That being said my exam timetable works out so that staying up late to watch the conference is a non-issue. :D

Even though it's the least hyped of the three games, do you think they would announced Pandora's Tower here as part of their Wii sendoff?

Nintendo conferences are so hit and miss...

This year could be amazing like E3 2010, or it could be an utter disappointment like E3 2008 or E3 2011.

It all hinges on how Wii U is presented and if they have a few big budget AAA games that take advantage of the hardware (like a next-gen mario or zelda).

Pikmin and NSBM ain't gonna cut it, and I'm afraid this is all they will have.

Different tastes for different people, I've been waiting to see this game for 4 years. It's all I need to see.

one_kill

I hope they pace themselves like they did in their 2010 conference. I thought that particular showing was well structured. It moved quickly and showed a lot of content. It did slow down when the 3DS was revealed, but I feel that it was enjoyable as a whole.

Cranzor

I'm going to have to watch it recorded again like last year. Kind of disappointing. Still excited though!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I'll have to miss the Ninty conference. On the other hand I will be in a Caribbean island in an exclusive hotel getting my feet massaged while drinking a Margarita. Good trade off!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
You almost already live on a Caribbean island. Hurricane GAF! W00t

Well yeah you have a good point... but I am moving from a "citified" Caribbean Island to an actual heaven for a few days.

And yeah... Hurricane GAF! I just remembered I never updated the last Hurricane Season thread with the latest systems XD

This page reads like the conference is in one hour.

It is kinda strange. Last year's super hype was warranted because we had no earthly idea what Nintendo was going to show. Now we know most of the information which is that the Wii U is a console that focuses on a ~6" touch screen tablet play. Power is roughly close to PS360. Now all the info thats left to get at E3 will be some games for the system, the price, and some information to fill the gaps.

Well yeah you have a good point... but I am moving from a "citified" Caribbean Island to an actual heaven for a few days.

And yeah... Hurricane GAF! I just remembered I never updated the last Hurricane Season thread with the latest systems XD

It got rather quiet/boring near the tail end of the season. We're exactly 1 month away now!
/Off topic

NateDrake

It is kinda strange. Last year's super hype was warranted because we had no earthly idea what Nintendo was going to show. Now we know most of the information which is that the Wii U is a console that focuses on a ~6" touch screen tablet play. Power is roughly close to PS360. Now all the info thats left to get at E3 will be some games for the system, the price, and some information to fill the gaps.

It's more powerful then those. We have been over this countless times.......

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's more powerful then those. We have been over this countless times.......
...with widely differing accounts and speculation. Unless there's something I don't know about, nothing is even close to confirmed yet, so don't act like it is.

NateDrake

...with widely differing accounts and speculation. Unless there's something I don't know about, nothing is even close to confirmed yet, so don't act like it is.

We have had information on this very forum in the Wii Spec thread from folk with inside information that disprove those claims. Is it confirmed? No, but Wii U isn't a PS360 with more RAM. Darksiders II will look the same across all platforms but that doesn't mean the WiiU = PS360, even though we'll have to listen to such things for the first several months of WiiUs existence.

My mistake. I've seen more reports that it is closer to the PS360 than otherwise, but I guess it's still anyones guess. However, knowing Nintendo, I doubt E3 will answer any questions on that front. Nintendo still has the same mantra as they did for the Wii which is that "Specs don't matter, the game play is most important" so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get specs until someone outside Nintendo strips a retail Wii U

We have had information on this very forum in the Wii Spec thread from folk with inside information that disprove those claims. Is it confirmed? No, but Wii U isn't a PS360 with more RAM.

I'll believe when I see it, you don't have proof of anything yet.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
We have had information on this very forum in the Wii Spec thread from folk with inside information that disprove those claims. Is it confirmed? No, but Wii U isn't a PS360 with more RAM. Darksiders II will look the same across all platforms but that doesn't mean the WiiU = PS360, even though we'll have to listen to such things for the first several months of WiiUs existence.
We also have information on this very forum that echo claims of PS360 quality. I haven't been following the varying accounts in detail, but the impression I got was that it's still very uncertain.

Top Bottom