• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arms UPDATE - Version 2.0 Released

Changelog:

•ARMS League Commissioner Max Brass added as a playable character.

•New ARM ”Nade" added.

•New ARM ”Roaster" added.

•New ARM ”Kablammer" added.

•New stage ”Sky Arena" added.

•New versus mode ”Hedlok Scramble" added. ◦Punch or touch the capsule containing the
Hedlok mask to become Hedlok for a period of time. This can be selected in Versus, Friend, or Local and it will also appear in Party Match.

•"Stats" added to the Top Menu. ◦Check stats such as your most used fighter, best stage, and ARM accuracy.

•"Events" added to the Top Menu. ◦Here you can set whether or not you want to join official online events.

•Snake Park has been swapped out for Sky Arena in the Ranked Match stage roster.

•Raised highest rank in Ranked Match to 20.

•Increased the penalty for disconnecting during Ranked Match play.

•Shortened the amount of time necessary for the following ARMS to return after being extended, making them easier to use: Megaton, Megawatt, Revolver, Retorcher, Boomerang

•Increased movement speed of the Guardian.

•Improved visibility during charge attacks for the Popper and Cracker.

•Increased the amount of time necessary for the following ARMS to return after being knocked down, increasing risk: Popper, Cracker, Hydra

•Increased the amount of time it takes to recover when a grab is deflected with a single punch.

•Decreased the amount of damage when the Hydra's rush connects with multiple consecutive hits.

•Decreased the distance Kid Cobra travels when jumping.

•Fixed issue where in some instances Ribbon Girl could remain airborne for an overlong period of time while continually attacking.

•Fixed issue where Ninjara would not destroy the light boxes on the Ribbon Ring stage when getting up.

•Fixed issue where the time necessary for the Triblast to return when deflected was shortened.

•Fixed issue where ARMS such as Blorb and Megaton would catch on the ground and fail to fire.

•Fixed issue where explosive ARMS would sometimes fail to explode when receiving an attack.

•Fixed issue where the Slapamander would sometimes fail to hit Helix when he is extended.

•In online play, fixed issue where the appearance or non-appearance of items could differ between devices.

•In online play, fixed various issues with V-Ball including an issue where the ball would remain grounded and play would not proceed.

•In online play, fixed an issue where sometimes Barq would continually defend against an opponents' rush attack for a set period of time.

•In online play, fixed issue where sometimes pillars in the Scrapyard would not be destructible.

Neoxon

So can we expect events like Splatfest in ARMS?

Also, here's the new title screen.

DEfzHM6UAAApoi3

atr0cious

Don't like the kid Cobra jump nerf, but he should be on the ground more often then not, so we'll see how it plays out. Hedlok mode sounds great, can't wait to try it.

weekev

Banned
I really wish they would add the option to use split joycons without motion controls. I prefer that to using the grip.

Totofogo

Neo Member
I really wish they would add the option to use split joycons without motion controls. I prefer that to using the grip.

I very much agree. I somehow hadn't heard this to be the case until this weekend, when I tried to play against a friend (it was his introduction to the game too!) and battled this issue.

In the past, I'd played with more casual groups and chose motion anyway so it wasn't an issue... a simple toggle would be great especially given Splatoon 2's extensive control offerings!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Intrigued by events, hopefully that leads to something substantial.

Sounds like a great update overall, hope more modes keep coming.

Vibed

Snake Park being removed from Ranked is Heavenly. Also, the balancing sounds just about right where we should be heading.

Ogodei

Huh, i wondered whether it was just a coincidence or whether V-Ball was having lag issues much more frequently than other modes. There it is.

Oh hey Snake Park. Let me just land some hits on you and troll around on the discs until the timer runs out. Yay!!!!!!!!!

Fuck that stage.

backlot

I really don't like the balance changes. There were no character buffs and the changes they made to the arms don't really change any of the cheesy strategies people have been using in ranked. Cobra's jump nerf doesn't really make sense to me either. Kid Cobras never really jump anyway...

duckyofalarcon

Neo Member
I just got ARMS today so this is awesome. Haven't played online yet, been busy, but I'm looking forward to checking it out more this weekend. Love what I played though.

udivision

It's almost as if Nintendo is comprised of drastically different dev teams with drastically different approaches to patch notes

The problem is that it ranges from "Industry Standard, AAA or Otherwise" to "Lol Sakurai" with no in between.

No one else is dropping the ball in that department.

ckfy63a

Just beat Grand Prix as Max Brass on Level 4. Completely unchanged other than Biff’s dialogue’s making the scenario slightly different than it is for the other fighters. Grand Finale is mildly amusing.

PSGames

Awesome update!! Hopefully more weapons and characters continue to be added.

Worst map in the entire game so I fully approve.

Yes it is but honestly all they needed to do was remove the hover board things and the stage would be OK to use IMO. Game is sorely lacking in variety as is...

LotusHD

Banned
Yes it is but honestly all they needed to do was remove the hover board things and the stage would be OK to use IMO. Game is sorely lacking in variety as is...

I mean, what's the point of that stage if we don't have the hover boards, the thing that makes it special?
Well, I guess the music is neat.
May as well leave it out of Ranked for now.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Great update. A bit sad that Snake Park is out of Ranked because those were always easy wins for me.

Top Bottom