• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jan. EGM - Scores and Rumors

king zell

from 1up board

Wii
Zelda (Platinum) Jeremey - 10 Crispin - 10 Shane - 10 Game of the Month
Downhill Jam - 7.5 8.0 7.0
Madden 07 - 6.5 6.0 4.5
Red Steel 5.0 4.5 6.0
Wii Sports - 6.5 5.5 7.0
Excite Truck - 7.0 7.5 6.5
Elebits - 7.0 4.0 4.5
Trauma Center - 6.5 7.5 7.0
Rayman RR - 7.0 7.5 7.5

PS3
Resistance (Silver) Garnett 8.5 G. Ford 8.0 Joe 9.0
Genjii - 6.0 5.0 4.5
Untold Legends - 4.0 5.0 5.0
NBA 07 - 6.5 5.0 5.0
Ridge Racer 7 - 8.0 6.5 6.0

PS3 vs Wii winner - Wii (I'm shocked. Haven't read this article yet, but they all pick Wii.)

XBOX360
Gears of War (Gold) - Shoe 10 Bryan 9.5 Andrew P. 9.0
Sonic 5.5 3.0 3.5
DOA Extreme 2 (SotM) - 4.0 4.5 4.5
Viva Pinata (Silver) - 9.0 8.0 8.0
Tony Hawk P8 (Silver) - 9.0 8.5 8.0
Call of Duty 3 - 6.5 7.0 7.0
Rainbow Six Vegas (Silver) - 8.5 7.0 8.5
Phatasy Star Universe - 8.0 7.0 6.5
Superman Returns - 3.0 6.0 5.0
Marvel UA - 7.0 8.0 7.0

Handheld
SOCOM - 6.0 6.5 8.0
Thrillville - 5.5 5.0 3.0
Sonic Rivals - 3.0 6.0 3.0
Vice City Stories (Silver) - 9.0 8.5 9.0
Portrait of Ruin (Silver) - 8.0 9.0 9.0
Kirby Squeak Squad - 7.0 7.0 6.0
FF V (Silver) - 9.0 9.0 8.5

Rumors
-Sticky Balls - New Katamari for Wii, PS3 and Xbox Live arcade.
-Turning War Around - Microsoft is crafting a brilliant plan to flip flop Gears and Halo every year, so expect Gears of War 2 in 2008 and a new Halo game in 2009.
-Count the COMs - three new SOCOM games are in the works. One on PSP and two on PS3.
-Mii Crossing - Mii's will be your avatar in the next Animal Crossing. All the shirts and accessories you collect will cross over to other games.
-Hudsun is releasing a TG16 pack with 3D remakes of Bonk, Adventure Island, and Super Star Soldier for the PS2
-Rare is working on a Viva Pinata Kart racing game.
-NFL may drop EA once it's contract expires in a few years.

king zell said:
Hudsun is releasing a TG16 pack with 3D remakes of Bonk, Adventure Island, and Super Star Soldier for the PS2

Cool! Probably the already existing remakes. I've always wanted to play them.

Johnas

BLESS YOU SIR for posting the rumors and not just the scores.

king zell said:
Turning War Around - Microsoft is crafting a brilliant plan to flip flop Gears and Halo every year, so expect Gears of War 2 in 2008 and a new Halo game in 2009.

Smart idea, but this is referring to Halo spinoffs and whatnot also, right?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Viva Pinata cart racing? :lol

I think an 8 for Resistance is a little low, but it doesn't matter. Good scores.

NFL may drop EA once it's contract expires in a few years.

hahahah no.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
king zell said:
Hudsun is releasing a TG16 pack with 3D remakes of Bonk, Adventure Island, and Super Star Soldier for the PS2

wtf, release it on other formats too.

king zell said:
Rare is working on a Viva Pinata Kart racing game.

dear god no. **** off and die

king zell said:
NFL may drop EA once it's contract expires in a few years.

huzzah!

Matix

king zell said:
from 1up board

Rumors
Mii Crossing - Mii's will be your avatar in the next Animal Crossing. All the shirts and accessories you collect will cross over to other games.

Nice, might actually get me interested in the series.

king zell said:
-Mii Crossing - Mii's will be your avatar in the next Animal Crossing. All the shirts and accessories you collect will cross over to other games.
Sounds too good an idea to be true!

DMczaf

Yeah, and the NFL is going to drop their exclusive contract with DirecTV after it expires too because they hate money!

Marbles

king zell said:
from 1up board

I think everyone expected something in that vain. 5M+ sales in Japan alone :D

I would actually buy an Animal Crossing game for these features.

And what's with the Wii Sports scores? EGM doesn't believe in fun.

Triz

Rare developing another Kart Racer = best idea yet. Doesnt matter what IP they throw on it, it will be a killer app.

Shane reviewed Zelda for EGM? According to 1up Yours, he's only in the second or third dungeon as of this past Friday. I can't imagine he saw much of the game at all in time to make this print deadline. Or is there another Shane?

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Odysseus said:
I'll have you know Diddy Kong Racing is the best game Rare ever made.

It was better than MK64...but MK64 was a piece of shit. I played a lot of DKR time trial to unlock TT but the game isn't a classic by any means. The idea of Rare doing a kart game, again, based on Viva Pinata, is painful.

Goldeneye was their best game, easily.

C4Lukins

If Rare is going to make a kart racing game, which they would be stupid not to, I doubt it would just be Viva Pinata kart racing. They have a pretty extensive list of original characters. Use Conker, some fuzzy cute versions of KI characters, Banjo, the Pinatas, Kameo, Dark, anything else I may be missing. It would be a lot more interesting.

Coop said:
omg i hope this is true.. i dont care what characters it is but give me a kart racing game over live.

left hand side :lol

BurgerKing1.jpg

MoxManiac

Aren't these those remakes that were made quite awhile ago for PS2 and GC? If so, woot! I wanted that 3D adventure island remake so badly.

GhaleonEB

Ancestor said:
Smart idea, but this is referring to Halo spinoffs and whatnot also, right?
I would imaigne so, which already seems like that's not the plan.

2006: Gears of War
2007: Halo 3
2008: Halo Wars is due; is Gears of War as well? When is the Peter Jackson project due?

Triz

C4Lukins said:
If Rare is going to make a kart racing game, which they would be stupid not to, I doubt it would just be Viva Pinata kart racing. They have a pretty extensive list of original characters. Use Conker, some fuzzy cute versions of KI characters, Banjo, the Pinatas, Kameo, Dark, anything else I may be missing. It would be a lot more interesting.

and master chief :lol

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
So, for Miis, it's one big Macrotransaction to add things to them as opposed to nickel and diming us on Shop Channel?

SOLD!

/after I pay off Tom Nook, of course.

KINGMOKU

king zell said:
from 1up board

Wii
Downhill Jam - 7.5 8.0 7.0
Madden 07 - 6.5 6.0 4.5
Red Steel 5.0 4.5 6.0
Wii Sports - 6.5 5.5 7.0
Excite Truck - 7.0 7.5 6.5
Elebits - 7.0 4.0 4.5
Rayman RR - 7.0 7.5 7.5

PS3
Resistance (Silver) Garnett 8.5 G. Ford 8.0 Joe 9.0
Genjii - 6.0 5.0 4.5
Untold Legends - 4.0 5.0 5.0
NBA 07 - 6.5 5.0 5.0
Ridge Racer 7 - 8.0 6.5 6.0

PS3 vs Wii winner - Wii (I'm shocked. Haven't read this article yet, but they all pick Wii.)

XBOX360
Sonic 5.5 3.0 3.5
Viva Pinata (Silver) - 9.0 8.0 8.0
Tony Hawk P8 (Silver) - 9.0 8.5 8.0
Phatasy Star Universe - 8.0 7.0 6.5
Superman Returns - 3.0 6.0 5.0
Marvel UA - 7.0 8.0 7.0

Handheld
SOCOM - 6.0 6.5 8.0
Thrillville - 5.5 5.0 3.0
Vice City Stories (Silver) - 9.0 8.5 9.0
Kirby Squeak Squad - 7.0 7.0 6.0

Rumors
-Sticky Balls - New Katamari for Wii, PS3 and Xbox Live arcade.
-Turning War Around - Microsoft is crafting a brilliant plan to flip flop Gears and Halo every year, so expect Gears of War 2 in 2008 and a new Halo game in 2009.
-Count the COMs - three new SOCOM games are in the works. One on PSP and two on PS3.
-Hudsun is releasing a TG16 pack with 3D remakes of Bonk, Adventure Island, and Super Star Soldier for the PS2
-Rare is working on a Viva Pinata Kart racing game.
The Wiisports score is low enough that it makes the rest of thier scores seem farcical.

EGM just did themselves is. Most fun I've had with a game in YEARS. I dont pay attention to scores, but thats just assinine.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Madden 07 - 6.5 6.0 4.5

bomba bomba lol

:lol at Sonic scores, oh wow

I got Madden 07 for the Wii and I disagree with the scores entirely. The controls are very intuitive and the game has all the features the X360 version is sorely missing. Gameplay wise, it is a refreshing Madden and will probably hold me over for quite some time.

Red Steel 5.0 4.5 6.0

Just about right.

Wii Sports - 6.5 5.5 7.0

Argh!

Sonic 5.5 3.0 3.5

Pretty much, maybe too high on the CoD3 score, though? :p

SOCOM - 6.0 6.5 8.0

Too low.

Too high.

Yup.

Tiktaalik

Elebits - 7.0 4.0 4.5
OUCH... That sucks. The game was looking pretty good. I'll have to read the review.

Hmmm these scores are slightly lower than Famitsu.... :lol

Is this really that much worse than Call of Duty 2?

Sort of obvious?

YES!! Definitely what we've all been wanting to hear. Lets up the poly count while we're at it please.

C4Lukins

Triz said:
and master chief :lol

Hopefully not. I do not see anything wrong with whoring out characters that really should not be taken that seriously to begin with, but you do not want to turn your big more serious franchises into a joke.

Mandoric

Banned
king zell said:

There was a budget 3d Adventure Island PS2 port in Japan a couple years ago, wasn't there?

Tieno

C4Lukins said:
Please have Baby Master Chief!:lol :lol :lol
119.gif

edit: somewhat beaten.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Rare is working on a Viva Pinata Kart racing game.
That's almost as bad (OK, maybe not) as those rumors surrounding Acclaim and its creation of a racer based on The Patriot movie license years ago.

Other than Zelda, very average scores for most of the Wii games...

DMczaf said:
Yeah, and the NFL is going to drop their exclusive contract with DirecTV after it expires too because they hate money!

Why not? The NFL can negotiate a contract with several publishers similar to NBA and end up getting more money than they are currently receiving from EA....

I also heard some at EA are none too happy with the terms of the contract and they may opt not to renew it when it expires...

Top Bottom