• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

PizzaFace

Banned
Bought from Amazon.co.jp, order has been rejected due to the verification failing 😥

Someone mentioned buying Japanese e-shop codes from play-asia. How is that process?

Kinsei

Banned
To help pass the time what is everyone's favorite new track from each Mario Kart?

SMK: Koopa Beach 2
64: Banshee Boardwalk
SC: Sky Garden
DD: Bowser's Castle
DS: Waluigi Pinball
Wii: Koopa Cape
7: DK Jungle
8: Cloudtop Cruise

Zelda and PuyoPuyoTetris are already beyond what I can make time for, and now this. So psyched, but no clue when I'm playing this.

Btw, do we know if the Mercedes DLC is readily available? If not, how do we unlock it?

Greenymac

Since apparently the OT will break the discord link for some reason, I'll keep sharing it the first couple pages so people can quote this post and join the server easier

HERE:
[EMAIL="https://discordapp.com/invite/2qsZpJj][/EMAIL]

I have the discord app... how do I get to you guys from there? Kinda new to using it. I use the link in my browser but doesnt bring me to the Gaf discord.

chekhonte

I haven't played a mario kart in a while, probably double dash. Is the AI still horribly unfair in the 200cc races? This has always turned me off from mario kart.

OmegaFax

Pending Verification.

C'Mon Japanese Amazon!

Bought from Amazon.co.jp, order has been rejected due to the verification failing 😥

Someone mentioned buying Japanese e-shop codes from play-asia. How is that process?

Amazon Japan must have stepped up their game in the last month. I used the same card/address combo for a 500 yen eShop account earlier this month for Kamiko and didn't have a problem.

It immediately bumped me to the verification phase for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Do not use Apple Store Tokyo as your verification address anymore, I guess.

Anyway. I just wrote Amazon Japan with "Cancel" in both English and Japanese because the page said I could do so during the verification phase. My debit account hasn't been touched.

The digital order did allow me to change payment options. I still have my Google Wallet debit card. The card is a dud and will always reject due to its zero balance and the fact Google discontinued the card.

Ended up switching payments, deleting my original payment, and not worry about it failing or not because the payment likely won't go through regardless now.

CDX

Did you have a Japanese address listed on your Amazon.co.jp account before you bought it? Because Amazon.co.jp wont let you buy it without a Japanese address on your Amazon.co.jp account.

Or maybe you have to tell your credit card company that you are making a valid purchase from Amazon.co.jp. I had to do that when I bought some Japanese eshop credit last month.

PizzaFace

Banned
Did you have a Japanese address listed on your Amazon.co.jp account before you bought it? Because Amazon.co.jp wont let you buy it without a Japanese address on your Amazon.co.jp account.

Or maybe you have to tell your credit card company that you are making a valid purchase from Amazon.co.jp. I had to do that when I bought some Japanese eshop credit last month.

I had an address yeah! Shame, I think I'll have to just wait

Lurk

Banned
amazon decides to deliver it on Saturday... when I'm a prime user.

Looks like I'll buy tomorrow from store, return amazon copy to store on Saturday.

Madao

i got a japanese eshop card from play-asia. it was quick and they send you the code fast.

only bad thing is that they don't sell a single card that covers the cost of the game. highest they sell is 5000 yen card iirc.

Roo

I have the discord app... how do I get to you guys from there? Kinda new to using it. I use the link in my browser but doesnt bring me to the Gaf discord.

Really? that's weird.
If you're using the browser version, after clicking on the discord link you should be greeted by:

okec5YH.jpg

At that point it's only a matter of clicking "accept invite"

edit: maybe you tried joining when the link was broken. Try again now that it's been fixed.

PizzaFace

Banned
i got a japanese eshop card from play-asia. it was quick and they send you the code fast.

only bad thing is that they don't sell a single card that covers the cost of the game. highest they sell is 5000 yen card iirc.

So how much did it set you back in all?

Camjo-Z

RIP fire hopping, now I have no "w-well they were obviously cheating!" excuses to fall back on when I get stomped by fellow GAFers.

To help pass the time what is everyone's favorite new track from each Mario Kart?

SMK: Koopa Beach 2
64: Banshee Boardwalk
SC: Sky Garden
DD: Bowser's Castle
Wii: Koopa Cape
7: DK Jungle
8: Cloudtop Cruise

SMK: [omitted]*
64: DK Jungle Boardwalk
SC: Ribbon Road
DD: Wario Coliseum
Wii: Maple Treeway (!!!)
8: Mt. Wario

*I don't have a fondness for any SMK track in particular :B

AGoodODST

Does this go up at midnight? I was going to just pick it up it up at my local Argos but it's sold out it seems so might just go digital.

Top Bottom