• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Skyward Sword Spoiler Thread: Retelling the Legend without the black bars

Ok .... someone spoiled me something that i need to be verified by the people here ...

Is it true that THERE ARE NO CUCCOS ?

No bird to slash and something insane to happen ????
TWW didn't have cuccos either.

I believe it works for 3 complete fights.
It works for the same amount of time as it normally would. If you wear the Potion Medal when you drink it and then quickly talk to him it will last as long as it would if you were wearing the Potion Medal (even though Medals technically are not supposed to work in Boss Rush).

It had pigs that worked basicaly the same =P
The Remlit cat things seem to be the closest thing to a replacement. The Cuccos were pretty lame in TP anyways, so it's been since Majora's Mask that proper "don't attack them or else" Cuccos appeared in a 3D console Zelda (and even then Cuccos are very rare in MM) that I'm kind of numb to the feeling of not having them.

leroidys

Just noticed this.

laqgj.jpg

8yrED.jpg

Ghirahim's sword = the sword in TLoZ

linko9

That's a real stretch... the upper hilt looks very different, the only thing they share is their basic shape, they're both just cutlasses.

leroidys

Nah, they are close but not really

plus it has Fi's color scheme

I'm not saying that its literally the same weapon, but just that these are the only two times we've ever seen such a sword in Zelda. Just like how Ghirahim's design was obviously inspired by that sword in MM, although it doesn't appear that he is literally that weapon.

Chiave

Damn this game had phenomenal characters. Ghirahim is my favorite... fuck I hope he returns but canon wise it probably isn't too likely. How popular is he anyway? He had me rolling half of the time.

carlo6529

I asked this in other thread but it didn't get answered. Before i go on to beat the game, i want to make sure i have all the hearts; just a tradition of mine. Anyway, is there only 18 Heart containers plus the two heart medals for the total of 20?

Edit~ Found my answer somewhere else and it is 18 + 2 heart medals.

Chiave

Someone mentioned a female protagonist earlier when speaking of Karane. I think it'd be a good idea to have a choice since SS gave more freedom to players than all of the previous games.

Crucio

I asked this in other thread but it didn't get answered. Before i go on to beat the game, i want to make sure i have all the hearts; just a tradition of mine. Anyway, is there only 18 Heart containers plus the two heart medals for the total of 20?

Edit~ Found my answer somewhere else and it is 18 + 2 heart medals.

I have a similar tradition. It feels wrong to go into the last battle without full hearts.

Kard8p3

Hey guys, back again with more codes. Having actually tested the codes, i've run into a few bugs (specifically involving the change clothes code) so for those who ended using my codes, sorry but you'll have to switch it up. (thankfully I didn't run into any gamebreaking glitches using them, so you should be fine.)

Ready to experience Skyward Sword again?

PK Gaming's hero mode V2

Tunic Modifier [Thomas83Lin]
04239378 60000000
0423937C 3800000x
*X=00=Green Tunic\01=Skyloft Tunic*
*Non Permanent*

reasoning: It's refreshing to play through the game with different clothes and its a nice throwback to Wind Waker. The old version was buggy in that you could not access fi, you could not fly properly, and the game was just a mess. Thomas' version fixes that and so far from what i've played so far I have not run into any issues.

-Fi Has Complete Dowsing Power [Anarion]
00955D4E 000000FF

reasoning: Hero mode already starts you off with the fully powered skyward strike, I figured it might as well start you off with the fully powered dowsing ability. You will able to dowse for treasures, goddess cubes etc, as early as possible.

Removed until further testing. Use it at your own risk.

-No Notification The First Time You Collect A Bug Or Treasure [brkirch]
042541C4 60000000

reasoning: Having played through the entire game once, there is absolutely no reason for you to see the entire animation. (In fact, its downright irritating during the first playthrough too!)

Disable Fi's Low Health Warning [brkirch]
0416C700 4800003C

Disable Fi's Low Shield Gauge Warning [brkirch]
0416C684 4800003C

Disable Fi's Low Battery Warning [brkirch]
0416C744 48000070

reasoning: same as above

Enjoy!

How do I go about using these cheats with CFG?

Done with the game. I can't say I care too much for Ghirahim. And I think it's mostly because he lasted too long in the game. You might have had some fights with Demise but there was no castle leading sequence or anything dramatic with him in the end. Ghirahim was just not that strong of a subvillain, Zant was much better IMO

On a side note, was great to see how Zelda was doing things while Link broke his ass running through the same Temples/areas

Done with the game. I can't say I care too much for Ghirahim. And I think it's mostly because he lasted too long in the game. You might have had some fights with Demise but there was no castle leading sequence or anything dramatic with him in the end. Ghirahim was just not that strong of a subvillain, Zant was much better IMO

On a side note, was great to see how Zelda was doing things while Link broke his ass running through the same Temples/areas

i like ghirahim better simply because he stayed consistent throughout the game. i remember zant being an utter badass and around the end of the game he turns into a complete retard. ghirahim OTOH was a goofy, theatrical character throughout. he also looked like a badass in his later form as well

this just reminds me how well ghirahim was animated. if you pay attention to him during his fight with impa, its awesome just how well they have him move and stuff

Crucio

Man I can't get enough of the Special Orchestra CD! The first half of it is just so dam epic! Ahh!

Yay, I just finished the game! I can enter this thread without any worry now. :D

So, uh... there is some mindblowing stuff in here by the way. I have absolutely nothing new to add but I am enjoying the speculation bounding about. Keep it up!

I like Kikwis. :3

Kew-Kewwww?

I was the same, totally avoided GAF during my playthrough and nearing the release.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Yay, I just finished the game! I can enter this thread without any worry now. :D

So, uh... there is some mindblowing stuff in here by the way. I have absolutely nothing new to add but I am enjoying the speculation bounding about. Keep it up!

I like Kikwis. :3

linkboy

I just beat the game today and here's my take on things,

A) Fuck Demise, never have I taken so much pleasure in kicking a Zelda bosses ass, like I did his. Screw you lightening sword.

B) Gharahim is a fantastic character and him being Demise's sword (and opposite to Fi) was great move.

C) Speaking of Fi, fuck her. I hope she withers away just like Demise is in the Master Sword. I wouldn't have minded her if she wasn't so annoying.

I love the little things Nintendo did to tie this into the older games.

I vastly prefer this version of the legend over the one from Zelda II. This actually has substance to it. Zelda II was basically a spoiled brat getting pissed because he didn't get his way, his sister taking the brunt of it, and then him feeling guilty over it.

I love the fact that Skyloft becomes the City in the Sky, such a great nod.

Speaking of the City in the Sky, I think that the people living up there eventually die off and the Loftwings evolve into the Ooccoo.

Speaking of the City in the Sky, I think that the people living up there eventually die off and the Loftwings evolve into the Ooccoo.

The Picori originally game from the sky as well didn't they? Though they're kind of mouse like in appearance so I don't think they evolved from the people of Skyloft. Though maybe they lived along side the people of Skyloft.

Doorman

I beat the game last night, and I'd still say that Ghirahim is my favorite Zelda villain. Like, ever. I guess I just really liked his more expressive personality over the likes of the usual "grr I'm mad I'm going to rule everything power blaaargh" that you saw out of Ganon and Zant and so forth. Demise looked neat and all (completely agree with the Oni Akuma comparison back on page one, by the way, I thought the same thing), but he was just...he felt boring as a villain after being treated to Ghirahim's casual malice.

Overall I'm satisfied with the storyline of the game, although I really wish that more had been made of Link's loftwing. They went to such lengths at the start of the game to point out that his loftwing itself and the connection between it and Link were something very special, but then after that all he was was a tool of transportation. I kept waiting for some point where it would act on its own or dive beneath the clouds to bail out Link when he was in trouble or something...felt like a big wasted opportunity.

Lastly, I want an Impa spinoff game please.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hopefully just like Tingle, Grosse gets his own games. Someone needs to defend Skyloft as a knight and he was second to Link.

Lastly, I want an Impa spinoff game please.

I really hope when they remake this game in ten years or so for whatever system it is, we get a "Master's Quest/Snake Tales" mode just to play through and see fully Zelda and Impa's acts. Perhaps a bit more considering how long Impa was alone.

Speaking of which, my girlfriend was really disappointed Groose didn't decide to stay in the past to keep her company during all that time. She really got into the Disney-lite story of it all.

IrishNinja

don't know if this was was addressed, but - during the credits, was anyone else waiting for Garanim or whatever to show up all scarred, toss on a red turban/cape and call himself Anaghnim (sp - LTTP)? maybe that was just me.

really great overall.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh! Here's something: what is up with Zelda deities flooding the land in order to get rid of monsters? Responsibility-ducking fuckers. Fuck you, Faron. This is the thanks I get for saving your life? Bitch. Go sort your own problems out instead of toying with your denizens and land so I can play Hunt The Tadtone.

Obvious precursor to Wind Waker.

Link Man

Banned
don't know if this was was addressed, but - during the credits, was anyone else waiting for Garanim or whatever to show up all scarred, toss on a red turban/cape and call himself Anaghnim (sp - LTTP)? maybe that was just me.

really great overall.
I thought Aghanim was a representation if Ganon.

Pyrrhus

Ganon couldn't leave the Golden Realm/Dark World in LttP. Agahnim was a puppet or manifestation of Ganon, not the real deal. As an aside, after an additional 20 years of iconography, Agahnim's clothing would suggest he was a Sheikah, or meant to be taken as one. That would be retconning, of course, since he predates the concept of the Sheikah.

$200

Banned
Couldn't they at least have showed us Zelda and Link kissing? Why do they always do this?
They did that in the Oracle games.

really great overall.
tumblr_lvg8mbcj191qdch8n.gif

Kandinsky

Who is Karane again?, Man I should have played the game in english, they changed every single NPC's name except for Zelda, Gaepora, Impa and Ghirahim in the spanish localisation, so annoying.

Who is Karane again?, Man I should have played the game in english, they changed every single NPC's name except for Zelda, Gaepora, Impa and Ghirahim in the spanish localisation, so annoying.

Karane is the female student at the school who dresses like Link and has two pigtails.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
She's the Knight Academy student with a crush on Pipit.

EDIT: Beaten!

Top Bottom