• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insecure - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Enzom21

She lost weight? I guess I haven't been paying attention.

TqC7WLk.png

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Hella Questions

A cryptic encounter tests Issa's interpretive skills; Lawrence mulls some important decisions; Molly plots to join the office "boys club" after being on the receiving end of a few harsh truths; Issa and Frieda deal with a difficult vice principal.

Soooo........Lawrence owns up to sleeping with his ex GF to a chick he is not even in a relationship with and has only known for 5 minutes, Issa was going to take her dirt to the grave. Issa also tolerating racism for....the greater good? Crickets in here.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This slave show they have on in the background just became very meta with HBO announcing Confederates.

royalan

I think she is lying to Issa.

I thought that too, but...
I don't think Lawrence well tell Molly that he wasn't over Issa and then immediately go to Tasha's house and tell her it's done. I mean, Lawrence ain't shit. But he ain't THAT ain't shit.

I think Molly played the overprotective friend and told Lawrence to back off.

I thought that too, but...
I don't think Lawrence well tell Molly that he wasn't over Issa and then immediately go to Tasha's house and tell her it's done. I mean, Lawrence ain't shit. But he ain't THAT ain't shit.

I think Molly played the overprotective friend and told Lawrence to back off.

Lawrence doesn't know what he wants to do with Tasha. He doesn't know what he wants to do with Issa, either lol. I honestly have no idea where this is going. I think Molly is lying because his response wasn't shown, but I also am sitting here like why the fuck would any dude pour their heart out to their ex's bestie.

LotusHD

Banned
Lawrence doesn't know what he wants to do with Tasha. He doesn't know what he wants to do with Issa, either lol. I honestly have no idea where this is going. I think Molly is lying because his response wasn't shown, but I also am sitting here like why the fuck would any dude pour their heart out to their ex's bestie.

Cuz he a John Legend ass nigga

Neece

Soooo........Lawrence owns up to sleeping with his ex GF to a chick he is not even in a relationship with and has only known for 5 minutes, Issa was going to take her dirt to the grave. Issa also tolerating racism for....the greater good? Crickets in here.

I noticed this too lol.

zelas

Lawrence is sleeping on an air mattress at his boy's house while bouncing between two chicks. If he ain't there yet, he's close.

Let's see how he do with Tasha.

*was

And I'd hardly call what he did bouncing between two chicks. At this point his downfall is going to be based how the Tasha thing plays out.

With Molly potentially scheming it might not even be all on him.

Lawrence is sleeping on an air mattress at his boy's house while bouncing between two chicks. If he ain't there yet, he's close.

Let's see how he do with Tasha.

He isn't "bouncing between" two chicks. His thing with Issa was a one time thing and the only time he's not been with Tasha in all this

So he's just supposed to take Issa back after she betrayed his trust and cheated on him? He never cheated on her even though he should have

Issa slid into ain't shit after that school situation. It seems out of character for her. Tasha deserves better than Lawrence. I don't care how good the dick is.

royalan

Can someone please explain to me how Lawrence isn't shit ����*♂️

Because he's still trying to be the Good Guy, instead of being real.

He won't admit to himself that Tasha is a rebound, when it's pretty fucking obvious to everyone around him. He let his homeboy Chad
who is fine as FUCK call me
guilt him into putting on a front that Tasha is more than just a rebound (because 'Good Guys' don't do that), and now he's actively stringing her along while KNOWING she has feelings.

And Tasha ain't off the hook, either. Everybody talkin about "I feel bad for Tasha" FUCK. THAT. Tasha KNEW from day motherfuckin 1 that she was trying to get with a man who was spoken for. Going to the flat screen section of Best Buy lookin for batteries and shit. Talking about "lets go get some jalapeno poppers" and shit.

You knew what this was, girl! It's your own dumb ass fault you caught feelings.

zelas

I see the #LawrenceHive is in full effect in here.

Let me retreat...

Lol, I'm not trying to take a side. I'm just enjoying looking into the mirror of Black life and calling things as I see them. Lawrence is showing growth as a person, more than any other character in the show, and he seems to honestly care enough to not want to completely fuck people over. Dude is trying and making progress. Considering how much you care about manipulation, scheming, borderline stalking, and speaking up about bigots, all we can say about Issa is that she has stopped her fall, at best. Like you said though, it will be so easy to turn on him depending on how he does Tasha. Maybe even regardless of Molly starting stirring the pot.

Also, I dont think this show is getting enough credit for its directing. The timing of dialogue, the camera cuts, and once again the music selection has been top notch. Chad and Issa's scene was great. The show is just in a higher gear compared to last season.

Lol, I'm not trying to take a side. I'm just enjoying looking into the mirror of Black life and calling things as I see them. Lawrence is showing growth as a person, more than any other character in the show, and he seems to honestly care enough to not want to completely fuck people over. Dude is trying and making progress. Considering how much you care about manipulation, scheming, borderline stalking, and speaking up about bigots, all we can say about Issa is that she has stopped her fall, at best. Like you said though, it will be so easy to turn on him depending on how he does Tasha. Maybe even regardless of Molly starting stirring the pot.

Also, I dont think this show is getting enough credit for its directing. The timing of dialogue, the camera cuts, and once again the music selection has been top notch. Chad and Issa's scene was great. The show is just in a higher gear compared to last season.

Melina needs to direct some big budget movies.

Nabs

I feel like the music has been a little too on the nose, not sure what I mean by that

I had a big problem with this last season.

*Issa picks up the phone*

Music: ♪ I picked up the phone... ♫

I hate that this is the type of stuff that bothers me.

Melina needs to direct some big budget movies.

She should probably stay on TV. Especially with the way the tides are changing. She should get into directing some big name dramas (a la stuff like Mad Men) or maybe even try her hand at directing action (like GoT). I've been following her ever since she was making low budget shit with Beyoncé and she's come soooo far. She's a definite talent. The way she frames a simple comedy show like this really show it.

It really feels like black talent is getting so many chances in this whole BLM era. Insecure probably wouldn't have been on HBO 5 years ago. Feels amazing.

Neece

I agree.

I don't have a side or teams, and that's probably why I enjoy the show so much. All of the characters have flaws, none of them are perfect, which to me makes them all the more relateable and fun to watch. But it seems like since the finale, when the teamlawrence people got their life, there has been a backlash in the opposite direction of people feeling like they have to combat the men that are rooting for Lawrence by hating Lawrence, and hyper-focusing on his shortcomings. The other characters can do something silly or selfish, and it's LOL, but if he does it, it's FUCK LAWRENCE, with an non-charitable degree of scrutiny not really applied to the other characters.

It was funny watching it at first, but I hope it remains lighthearted and doesn't become, like, the point of people watching it. Issa and her co-writers are doing a tremendous job writing and portraying complicated characters and true to life relationship/career failings for black 20 somethings, and it would be kind of lame if her writing just gets reduced to typical men aint shit, women ain't shit back and forth that took place in the fucking 90s.

She should probably stay on TV. Especially with the way the tides are changing. She should get into directing some big name dramas (a la stuff like Mad Men) or maybe even try her hand at directing action (like GoT). I've been following her ever since she was making low budget shit with Beyoncé and she's come soooo far. She's a definite talent. The way she frames a simple comedy show like this really show it.

It really feels like black talent is getting so many chances in this whole BLM era. Insecure probably wouldn't have been on HBO 5 years ago. Feels amazing.

I feel she can do both TV and movies. I want her to be the next Ava Duvernay. Ava out here producing Queen Sugar and directing big budget Disney movies.

Top Bottom