• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

KodaRuss

Mostly mods moving it to community about 2-3 weeks after the game came out without telling any of the users (including Izuma who is in charge of this glorious OT) or responding to anyone asking about it.

Meanwhile, NBA 2K17 (released in september), Hitman(released in march), and Battleflied 1 (released a week before Titanfall2 in mid october) OT's are still in gaming side. Battlefield 1 is even still on OT1 despite being supposedly much more popular than TF|2, so nothing makes sense.

It doesn't make sense especially since it was very active. Some mod must just not like the game and moved it. While they are turning a blind eye to the others.

Anyway, hopefully Respawn posts some updates on future DLC. We can always make a big post there in Gaming when big stuff is announced.

Like a roadmap Hint Hint Respawn!

Arrrammis

Great new OT.

Quick vent, does anyone on xbox use any Titan other than Tone or Legion? Played maybe 20 games today and 80% of the titans I come up against are one or the other, even on my team.

They have their strengths and purposes but jesus mix it up a bit.

I rotate through the titans pretty regularly depending on the map.or my mood, and they're all great to use.

/vent

On PS4, but I've noticed the same thing. They're the easiest two titans to learn and play, so I suppose that's why people go for them. It's easy enough to take them down as almost any other titan (I play mainly scorch, I'm figuring out how top use Ion and Northstar), but it just gets boring.

Dervius

On PS4, but I've noticed the same thing. They're the easiest two titans to learn and play, so I suppose that's why people go for them. It's easy enough to take them down as almost any other titan (I play mainly scorch, I'm figuring out how top use Ion and Northstar), but it just gets boring.

At least it's not just me.

I mained Ronin originally then hit Scorch and am currently using Ion.

I'm just sick of seeing that God damn shield wall go up.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
That's such bullshit that you didn't kill the Ion with your Flame core, I'm pretty sure Salvo Core would have killed him if all the rockets hit.

Give Scorch a buff!

Yup I was kinda pissed off at that. Slightly less than a bar of health and was minimally affected by flame core. Maybe it was network lag and he dashed out just at the right time, but that's not the first time I felt hosed by flame core.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Man Phase Shift and the MGL can be a royal pain for titans. I dropped a Tone and Ronin just a few minutes ago and am kicking myself for not recording it, even though I got killed by the Ronin's pilot after trying to get out of the area and make a deposit. It helps if you have fatty Legion running distraction lmao. On Boomtown btw

Also Ronin is now my 2nd favorite next to Father Scorch. Both of them are so much fun to play even if you are like me and a fairly average player.

RedFury

Yup I was kinda pissed off at that. Slightly less than a bar of health and was minimally affected by flame core. Maybe it was network lag and he dashed out just at the right time, but that's not the first time I felt hosed by flame core.

That's such bullshit that you didn't kill the Ion with your Flame core, I'm pretty sure Salvo Core would have killed him if all the rockets hit.

Give Scorch a buff!
Just a tip if you don't know this already that's a waste of a core. Big burst damage does NOT pierce doom state. Either use your core to give the upper hand (damage advantage) or to finish off an already doomed titan. They can have 1/100th of a single health bar and the damage won't pierce to doom state.There is an invulnerability phase in between so constant dps cores like Northstar, Ion, Legion, and Ronin make mince meat of low health titans.

SwolBro

Banned
w00t!

TitanGAF on PS4 is dead. NeoGAF network is the only one with people
As i said it would be but izuna can be stubborn as shit at times. It's not much better on x1 either. I keep saying to abolish it completely and resort back to the open gaf network.

Ishmae1

Quick vent, does anyone on xbox use any Titan other than Tone or Legion? Played maybe 20 games today and 80% of the titans I come up against are one or the other, even on my team.

I played 2 games of Tone in the last several days. I apologize for it. I feel ashamed.

I'm back to Scorch, Ion, Ronin, and generally any titan but "she who will not be named". Less kills? Sometimes. Feel like I earned each one? You betcha.

Nice OT!

SwolBro

Banned
I played 2 games of Tone in the last several days. I apologize for it. I feel ashamed.
Nice OT!

Ok this is becoming a bit overblown. Tone isn't a magical Titan that all of a sudden can destroy all other Titans at the same time. And there's no way all of you are unstoppable pro Tone players, i see shitty tone players all the time.

KingV

It doesn't make sense especially since it was very active. Some mod must just not like the game and moved it. While they are turning a blind eye to the others.

Anyway, hopefully Respawn posts some updates on future DLC. We can always make a big post there in Gaming when big stuff is announced.

Like a roadmap Hint Hint Respawn!

It's not the biggest thing, but it makes me question the people that talk about the moderation here as if it's near perfect.

I just don't see why Titanfall gets the shaft here.

Teammate just played a full match of Attrition, finished with 17 points.

Even minion kills were too hard for him to grasp, or - even more pathetically - too difficult for him to kill.

Respawn, you need to lock access to multiplayer behind completion of the single-player campaign.

You were optimistic, but the simple fact is that the population playing your game is too fucking stupid to figure it out.

Even at +800ms, I can still do it
20161213_210226.jpg

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
It's not the biggest thing, but it makes me question the people that talk about the moderation here as if it's near perfect.

I just don't see why Titanfall gets the shaft here.

Clearly EA was trying to pull a "The Producers" with TF2 and now they're paying GAF mods to keep our thread locked away in community.

KodaRuss

Every time I use Northstars flight core I regret it.

I just killed a Scorch with it but since the damage is just terrible with it he was able to pull off a nuclear and you move so fucking slow with flight core I was fucked.

Reapers. Why?

Seriously, who thinks they add anything but irritation to a fire-fight?

If you want them in the game, then make crit hits worth 3X damage or SOMETHING to give players an easier way of dispatching them.

Calderc

Awful night tonight. I've bever felt punished for wall running before, but tonight was just insane. I couldn't do shit without being picked out from across the map by a Hemlok or Devotion. Couple that with absolutely abysmal teammates and it's just frustrating as hell.

Arttemis

Izuna

Banned
As i said it would be but izuna can be stubborn as shit at times. It's not much better on x1 either. I keep saying to abolish it completely and resort back to the open gaf network.

Cool it dude.

I don't play on PS4, so for one, I didn't know. It was updated as soon as this thread was updated to work on mobile, and finally, TitanGAF is more active than the NeoGAF networks for Xbox and PC.

And the beauty of those networks is that every single person is "definitely" GAF.

You would know if you bothered to join either.

All I did was copy and paste what has been second post in OT1 since the beginning.

KingV

Cool it dude.

I don't play on PS4, so for one, I didn't know. It was updated as soon as this thread was updated to work on mobile, and finally, TitanGAF is more active than the NeoGAF networks for Xbox and PC.

And the beauty of those networks is that every single person is "definitely" GAF.

You would know if you bothered to join either.

All I did was copy and paste what has been second post in OT1 since the beginning.

Is tgaf worth a crap on x1? My biggest disappointment with tf 2 is that I have yet to play with any GAF parties.

Izuna

Banned
Is tgaf worth a crap on x1? My biggest disappointment with tf 2 is that I have yet to play with any GAF parties.

Peak time has had at least several people on each day. It's best to send people messages or invites though. It's not supposed to be called TGAF, and isn't on Xbox on PC.

~~

But also feel free to post a time when you want to play in a day.

Vipu

Banned
Teammate just played a full match of Attrition, finished with 17 points.

Even minion kills were too hard for him to grasp, or - even more pathetically - too difficult for him to kill.

Respawn, you need to lock access to multiplayer behind completion of the single-player campaign.

You were optimistic, but the simple fact is that the population playing your game is too fucking stupid to figure it out.

That would be the most stupid thing to do, doing that would not stop anything, just make it harder for people who want to only MP to start playing.

Azerare

I'm curious to what the bigger community would be on. Xbox one or PC? Which does GAF game on in general and prefer?

Izuna

Banned
I'm curious to what the bigger community would be on. Xbox one or PC? Which does GAF game on in general and prefer?

Xbox was much larger for a while, but I do think (for US) that PC, while not as big, has more frequent players and is easier to find people to play with.

Izuna

Banned
So what boost is everyone using? I was using Smart Pistol since launch, but I might mix it up.

I've decided that Amped Weapons is simply the best.

Especially since the increased damage also means you your titan super fast if you fight one (about 3 Archers).

Plus, you keep it for as long as you are alive. I have finished games with 4 of them stacked in reserve.

Capture the Flag on Crash Site is quite possibly the worst experience in the game. Awful map. Awful mode. But maybe I'm handicapping myself using the R-97. Is that gun good for anything? Why is it an unlock lol?

KodaRuss

Capture the Flag on Crash Site is quite possibly the worst experience in the game. Awful map. Awful mode. But maybe I'm handicapping myself using the R-97. Is that gun good for anything? Why is it an unlock lol?

That gun is terrible. Use the Car or volt for an smg.

Nice, great new OT!

Seeing the old Gen chips makes me realize how much better designed they were compared to the Patches in R2. They look so bland now, especially now that they don't even have any color on the in-game scoreboard since the Angel City patch.

Arttemis

If there's not skill based match making, I think skill-based team balancing should be implemented. Those with the highest objective scores and K:D ratios get automatically balanced instead of stacking.

Discobird

So what boost is everyone using? I was using Smart Pistol since launch, but I might mix it up.

Battery Boost when I play Ronin (he really needs it), Amped Weapons the rest of the time. I feel those two boosts are a big cut above the rest. I don't find sentries to be much of an issue on PC.

I wish Smart Pistol gave you your secondary weapon back when you ran out of ammo

If you're not using dice roll you're weak hearted.

And risk getting garbage-tier boosts like Holo Pilot Nova, Phase Rewind, or the shield?

And where's all the praise for Amped Weapons coming from? I ran it for like 3 matches before giving up on it. I can kill 1 pilot with other boosts much better. It's way too risky.

Izuna

Banned
And risk getting garbage-tier boosts like Holo Pilot Nova, Phase Rewind, or the shield?

And where's all the praise for Amped Weapons coming from? I ran it for like 3 matches before giving up on it. I can kill 1 pilot with other boosts much better. It's way too risky.

Amped Archer does all of Doom health. If you get that kill, it's like +70%

Arrrammis

I use pilot sentry for bounty hunt (set it up for the infantry AI rounds, you get a ton of cash- on some maps a single well placed pilot turret can kill every enemy in a wave.

For everything else (and even some bounty hunt games) I use amped weapons. With amped weapons, devotion can one-clip a Titan if you keep hitting it's weak spot, even using normal anti-titan weapons, it makes Titans die so faster.

Top Bottom