• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

p5d.jp & p5u.jp domains registered by Atlus on April 18

Zareka

Oh boy here we go.

I think I'll skip the Arena games this time round. Those story modes were just awful.

In for Dancing and Q2 though.

I'm all in on a new Dancing All Night, the first had it's fair share of problems and I still sunk a stupid amount of time into it.
The Persona 5 soundtrack does not suit a rhythm game at all... Christ.

A new Arena makes sense. Wonder if they'll be gentle with the 3/4 cast crossovers like P4A Vanilla was, or if we'll get most of the Investigation Team from the get-go.

Gotta save something for the sequel.

Pompadour

I hope they rebuild Persona 4 Arena into a Guilty Gear Xrd style "looks 2D but is actually 3D" game but considering that ASW tries to get a decade out of their assets before moving on I don't have high hopes.

Ydelnae

If they are going to ruin the P5 story and characters, just put out these games without any story mode.

I'm disappointed that we seem to be getting the same type of spin-offs with P5, too. I wanted an Ace Attorney type of point and click game with Sae and the detective characters from the series, something different, I don't know.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
tumblr_njd1zq3bpf1svkfqgo1_r1_500.gif

giphy6xp05.gif

You'll never see it coming

Playsage

I want it to look like Xrd. I'll take a reduced roster if that's what it takes.

Like, the Phantom Thieves + Aigis + Yu + token OC would be just fine.
Technically using 3D models should make their job easier than making new HD sprite-based characters so I think they will use that

Eumi

I can't wait to see the OC thief do not steal for P5U.

I mean, Labrys is great, but she's an anomaly in a sea of Zen and Rei's.

Or god forbid Kanami's.

Endless

ryusoffice Corp,Inc. registers domains for ATLUS. They were the ones who registered rpg.jp (Project Re Fantasy)

ykuso3.jpg

lupinko

Arc System Works did post job postings for modelers recently.

It's quite likely that any new fighter not a revision / title update / experiment game will be using the new animation method used in Xrd.

So Persona 5: Dancing / Persona 5: Ultimax / Persona 5: After Golden / Persona 5: Racing (?) lol

I'd be okay with all of that. I mean, if Atlus didn't want to port P5 itself to the Switch, I'd be 100% okay with getting multiplat spin-offs, still want to play this stuff on the go, so that's why I bring that up.

Again though, I'm cool with all of this, if it all happened, I'd try to pick them up. Idk about a Racing game, but I think everyone would say the same thing about a rhythm game, lol. Ultimax is definitely the coolest one here, and After Golden sounds like a P4 crossover game, PQ style, except maybe without the chibi designs and EO dungeons.

Niahak

Could P5R be Persona 5: Ruby?
I was hoping they would at least wait a little before announcing the Vita port. I've barely even had the time to start P5.

Will be passing on the spinoffs. They were too flanderized/anime-ized for me.

DNAbro

I was hoping they would at least wait a little before announcing the Vita port. I've barely even had the time to start P5.

"Vita"

Opa-Pa

Man I'd love to live in that world where this Vita port is a reasonable thing to make...

Minsc

Gold Member

Unlike P4G, this one would be a fairly heavy downgrade, curious to see how it'd look. I'm basically imagining P5 using P4 graphics more or less, but that probably doesn't work very well. Either way, doubt it related to a port of P5, be surprised if we hear anything about such a thing for another 2 years or more. At which point, I'm not even sure if Vita will still be a blip on the radar anymore.

EDarkness

Heh, I wonder if they'll actually go through with the Persona dancing game they were talking about in that survey they sent out a while back. Would be funny to see all the characters dancing their hearts out. Seriously, hope they have something cool planned, but isn't it a little early to be talking about an Ultimate Edition?

They couldn't be cooking up those spin-offs quick enough. If you thought 4 got it bad, be prepared for Atlus to double down even harder where 5 is concerned.

I look forward to playing Persona 6 when I'm a pensioner.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
No matter what the people over there say my Persona canon will forever be limited to the main Persona games ~_~. I like Arena as whimisical fanfiction although Labrys was kind of an enjoyable character but things get really messy especially with Ultimax if you want to consider them as core canon parts of the story especially given that P5 doesn't(and thank god) get into any of the possible implication of even simple things like the shadow operatives existing in that world.

They couldn't be cooking up those spin-offs quick enough. If you thought 4 got it bad, be prepared for Atlus to double down even harder where 5 is concerned.

I look forward to playing Persona 6 when I'm a pensioner.
Yeah, I'm expecting another ten year plan of spin-offs. I don't necessarily mind it, but I'd love if the time from P5 to P6 was more P3 to P4 than P4 to P5.

UberTag

Yeah, I'm expecting another ten year plan of spin-offs. I don't necessarily mind it, but I'd love if the time from P5 to P6 was more P3 to P4 than P4 to P5.
So Persona 6 in 2027 then? And it'll be announced 5 years before then and still release for PS4? Gotcha.

Niahak

I was chuckling a bit as I wrote Vita, but if they started development on a portable version a while ago I could see it (P5 also released on PS3, after all). I just don't see them doing Switch or 3DS for a mainline remake/port.

They did "downgrade" P3 to PSP, so it's not like it's unprecedented. I'm really hoping for a portable version.

oooh I'm in for more P5 related content, not really too invested in what type of forms they take. Story DLC for P5, ArcSystem Works fighter, rhythm game... I will take any and all --
save for free-to-play mobile with microtransactions. Not that I'd rule out mobile as a platform for a follow-up or spinoff, just don't turn it into a microtransaction cow. D:

pbayne

Id kill for an arena game. Think how much cooler the P3 cast become with the timeskip then apply that to the p4 cast. Go crazy and even include P2 Tatsuya and Lisa or whoever even though they'd be ancient compared to everyone else lol/

Pooya

I guess they will milk 5 for all its worth like 4. Probably won't be a P6 anytime soon with all the other things Atlus is working on. meh. don't care about spin offs. They have a lot of other cool SMT stuff coming up, so I'm good.

Top Bottom