• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega PC ports campaign continues with petition (Vanquish, Bayonetta, VF5)

Dario ff

Banned
You guys have my Youtube channel (8k subs focused on Sega content) for help if you feel like making a video to raise awareness.

Signed as well.

I don't love the choice of games. I'd not bother with Virtua Fighter 5 and port something like Valkyria Chronicles, Yakuza (any / all of them) or Resonance of Fate.

I'd rather have those than anything on the list actually, although I love Bayonetta.

I suppose anything is a start, but I don't know that fighting games really do well on PC at all to begin with.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This is a relevant endeavor for me. What I posted in the Steam thread: Signed. Even put in something in the "why it's important to me" section (on why digitally distributed PC games are important in a country where consoles and physical copies of games face heavily unfair prices).

ZoddGutts

It's a long shot but here's hoping I'll work. Would love to play Bayo 1, Vanquish (60fps), Virtual Fighter and Valkyria Chronicles on PC.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I don't love the choice of games. I'd not bother with Virtua Fighter 5 and port something like Valkyria Chronicles, Yakuza (any / all of them) or Resonance of Fate.

I'd rather have those than anything on the list actually, although I love Bayonetta.

I suppose anything is a start, but I don't know that fighting games really do well on PC at all to begin with.
You're right JRPGs are much more popular on PC

Corto

Insta signed! I just hope if they really release them they spread them a bit to give Durante time to do his magic.

Anteater

You're right JRPGs are much more popular on PC

You kind of never know with indie games exploding, a lot of them are niche small unique titles, some end up to sell decent, at least it seems to me people are more open to try new things nowadays.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
You kind of never know with indie games exploding, a lot of them are niche small unique titles, some end up to sell decent, at least it seems to me people are more open to try new things nowadays.
I'd argue that fighting games on PC have established themselves moreso than JRPGS by a mile.

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
1. take it to the new thread, 2. the fans actually supporting them are on PC.

Actually I wanted to avoid being the only grinch in a brand new thread...

The petition doesn't really have solid points unlike my personal favourite: "localize Yakuza 5 and don't ignore the people that bought 3 and 4 you lazy asses"

As I said, Bayonneta is a bit of a capricious/niche title and it's been out way too long, unlike Rising which is part of an extremely popular franchise. I personally wouldn't mind a "definitive" edition but let's be honest, Bayonetta on the PC is a stretch. Talking about the genre even the "definitive" edition of the critically acclaim DmC didn't do alot. Vanquish is a shooter purely designed around the controller, doesn't have technical issues on consoles and talking about this genre, Binary Domain probably fell flat. Again, Valkyria Chronicles is not really a strategy game, it's a tactical turn based rpg with lots and lots of dialogue PC gamers hate.

People are still diluting themselves that the petition is what brought Dark Souls to the PC. It was just an excuse since Bandai is actually betting on solid ground with that port and that ground is called Elders Scrolls audience. And then you have games like Binary Domain, DmC, The last remnant that just don't resonate with the PC audience. All I am saying is, can we stop asking for random games and focus on Yakuza localizations (hell even on the PC) ?

Nillansan

Actually I wanted to avoid being the only grinch in a brand new thread...

The petition doesn't really have solid points unlike my personal favourite: "localize Yakuza 5 and don't ignore the people that bought 3 and 4 you lazy asses"

As I said, Bayonneta is a bit of a capricious/niche title and it's been out way too long, unlike Rising which is part of an extremely popular franchise. I personally wouldn't mind a "definitive" edition but let's be honest, Bayonetta on the PC is a stretch. Talking about the genre even the "definitive" edition of the critically acclaim DmC didn't do alot. Vanquish is a shooter purely designed around the controller, doesn't have technical issues on consoles and talking about this genre, Binary Domain probably fell flat. Again, Valkyria Chronicles is not really a strategy game, it's a tactical turn based rpg with lots and lots of dialogue PC gamers hate.

People are still diluting themselves that the petition is what brought Dark Souls to the PC. It was just an excuse since Bandai is actually betting on solid ground with that port and that ground is called Elders Scrolls audience. And then you have games like Binary Domain, DmC, The last remnant that just don't resonate with the PC audience. All I am saying is, can we stop asking for random games and focus on Yakuza localizations (hell even on the PC) ?

Your entire post just fell apart.

Signed. Thank you and everyone else involved for the effort!

I think it's worth noting (and putting into the OP maybe?) also that when tweeting people shouldn't spam that @Sega account. That's what that Clumsyorchid said:

Appreciate the rallying behind good games to new platforms, but let's talk a bit about tweet bombing and it's effectiveness. A bit long, but worth a the read...

First and most importantly, I need to point out that I'm not in a position to comment on anything you guys are asking for, however I'm happy to discuss the method. I'll do my part to circulate emails to people within the company so they too are aware, but only if we agree not to tweet / retweet bomb our @sega handle. Here's why...

Tweet bombing and retweet spamming makes it harder for the community team (me and a few others) who monitor the @sega handle to manage the day to day conversations with people. Right now there's a lot of customer service response that go out to various people, as well as follow ups to product announcements, or just general replies based on incoming tweets. We reply as much as we can, when we're not able, be sure that we're reading everything. We care, it's a big deal for me and the entire Community team at SEGA to bring customer concerns to people inside the company.

Tweet bombing / retweet spam also does a big disservice to your cause. It creates a good deal of noise, but it doesn't tell the story you want to tell - people want these games. You want to create a space where there's a quantifiable interest, individual interest from people who would buy these games. I don't put too much faith in petitions, but they are a good space to show individual attention towards a cause. It may be more helpful to point to individual games, rather than the whole group, as you might have some who like a particular game, but don't intend to buy everything.

In my opinion, tweet and retweet your cause, drive towards a petition site or unique sign up site and rally. There's just not as much need to include @sega in every post. I'll also end that this may not come of anything, but I want to respond when I can so people at least understand that these things are being read by people in company.
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.p...s-from-Sega!&p=8465765&viewfull=1#post8465765

Dario ff

Banned
Top Bottom