• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COD: Modern Warfare 4 being made by Sledgehammer after all?

Can't wait to see dem "photo real" visual effects.

9a1WcvS.png

http://www.linkedin.com/in/vfxrob

http://kotaku.com/the-apocalypse-now-video-game-that-almost-was-804987273

It was previously thought they were working on COD: Ghosts in an assistance role but that was ruled out.

Batzi

Banned
looks fake. It's stupid to announce two major COD releases at the same time. MW4 would totally outsell Ghosts just because of the name. People would think that Ghosts is just a spin-off.

looks fake. It's stupid to announce two major COD releases at the same time. MW4 would totally outsell Ghosts just because of the name. People would think that Ghosts is just a spin-off.

Actvision isnt stupid. If MW4 is in development it will come out next fall. Thus having a yearly CoD.

Katori

What's the idea behind this? Release a MW next year instead of a BlOps? Treyarch fans (like this one) will not be happy...here I was all hype for next-gen BlOps.

Is Treyarch making another CoD?

I prefer their flavor of CoD over IW who isn't really IW anymore.

I'm not going to bother with Ghosts.

VALKYRAY

Banned
They better not. Sledgehammer singlehandly destroyed mw3 with terrible maps. It needs to be shut down and employees needs to be fired.

faridmon

It would be awesome if Treyarch worked on a new IP since Activision have already two COD games lined up for the next 2 years.

We knew it was coming, coz Billy Murray (Cpt Price) already let it slip he'd done voice work for a new COD game then said he only works on the MW franchise.

Batzi

Banned
Actvision isnt stupid. If MW4 is in development it will come out next fall. Thus having a yearly CoD.

It is stupid to leak anything regarding MW4 when we haven't seen the multiplayer for Ghosts yet. It kills the hype. Like I said, it doesn't matter if Ghosts is better, the name alone wins the battle.

pa22word

Well, Activision was talking about going bi-yearly a while back weren't they?

I think it's a massive mistake in the long run if they do so, but who knows...

Hoodbury

It would be awesome if Treyarch worked on a new IP since Activision have already two COD games lined up for the next 2 years.

Maybe their new IP is TitanRyse? Where non-mech suits come out of the earth's core and are wearable by super jumping humans and have built in guns and stuff.

dr_rus

I stopped caring about CoD somewhere around MW3. They can make whatever CoD they want for all I care.
I don't play multiplayer.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can't we all just stop playing them and go back to playing COD 4.

Not while there is hackers on the console versions, no.

If they patched those hacks or banned those hacks, maybe I'd return to CoD4. I miss S&D now and then.

Anyway: CoD10-11:MW4: TornKornheiserWHY.jpg It's not like CoD8:MW3 ended the story of CoD4:MW, right?
Oh, wait, yes it did.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I don't see where it implies that MW4 is for this year... Also a profile note isn't an announcement.

evangd007

Can't we all just stop playing them and go back to playing COD 4.

Or a remake of it, that's what I want most.

They don't know what made CoD 4 so good, so they would be unable to replicate it. It's like asking modern Square Enix to remake Final Fantasy VII. They'd screw it up somehow by adding "awesome new features" that only serve to drag the experience down.

Pitmonkey

They better not. Sledgehammer singlehandly destroyed mw3 with terrible maps. It needs to be shut down and employees needs to be fired.

Or you can play a different game. Given the sales performance of MW3, regardless if due to brand strength or not, says otherwise.

Ugh after MW3, pretty sure I'm staying away from anything Sledgehammer does. Sadly if it says Modern Warfare 4 on the box, it will be a big hit sales wise no matter what.

Top Bottom