• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 7, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

And of course Rosita already tried this before and watched people die as a result. Apparently that didn't bother her at all and now she's done it again! Perhaps we'll have the joy of watching her spending all of next season moping about the cost of her predictable fuckups.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It was nicely done but should have happened on the way instead of that stupid light a car on fire scene. It made the sniper stuff ridiculous.

Agreed. It was like "Oh Negan isn't outside right at this very second, lets leave our post and chat for a few hours". XD

Very surprised at the hate. Am I the only one who enjoyed this (in the context of how bad the past two seasons have been)? Even if stuff didn't make a whole lot of sense (didn't make much sense last week either), it's hard to argue that it was filler.

you new here bruh

Will next season be an entire 1/2 season of

Comic Spoilers

War
? or do you think we will jump right into
the time skip
I have a hard time believing that they can wrap up the Negan Saga in 2 episodes.

All Out War is the only arc in the whole series to be spread across 2 volumes, so I think it will span all of season 8.

Surfinn

Agreed. It was like "Oh Negan isn't outside right at this very second, lets leave our post and chat for a few hours". XD

you new here bruh

All Out War is the only arc in the whole series to be spread across 2 volumes, so I think it will span all of season 8.
You know I'm not as you've responded to me numerous times over a long period of time.

I thought the last two episodes have been a clear improvement in a shit season. Surprised others didn't see it that was considering the filler BS were gotten for months now.

jm89

They probably could have condensed this entire episode into 20-25 mins by removing all the pointless fluff.

Ros8105

Can't blame Eugene for not wanting to go back to these idiots. What was the point of their dumb plan? You kill Negan and the rest of the Saviors just give up?

Is this storyline the same as in the comics?

Flavius

You know I'm not as you've responded to me numerous times over a long period of time.

I thought the last two episodes have been a clear improvement in a shit season. Surprised others didn't see it that was considering the filler BS were gotten for months now.

The past two have been a step up, but the overall quality is still just so painful and contrived. Pacing for this show is just utter shit. The fact that we had (what should be) several major plot points addressed in this episode and it still failed to entertain speaks volumes as to just how poor overall this season has been.

And as others have pointed out, there is zero justification for Sasha and Rosita abandoning their plan aside from -- hey, we need to get some important exposition out of the way here regarding Eugene. Oh, and also...this actor needs to exit for her new gig.

Yes, the show has always had some level of cheese and contrivances and pacing problems. But that's no excuse for the slaps to the face that we have dealt with this season.

Any other season, I would assume these last two are going to be pretty frantic and enjoyable. But at this point, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure the finale will be a lot of fun, at least.

Surfinn

The past two have been a step up, but the overall quality is still just so painful and contrived. Pacing for this show is just utter shit. The fact that we had (what should be) several major plot points addressed in this episode and it still failed to entertain speaks volumes as to just how poor overall this season has been.

And as others have pointed out, there is zero justification for Sasha and Rosita abandoning their plan aside from -- hey, we need to get some important exposition out of the way here regarding Eugene. Oh, and also...this actor needs to exit for her new gig.

Yes, the show has always had some level of cheese and contrivances and pacing problems. But that's no excuse for the slaps to the face that we have dealt with this season.

Any other season, I would assume these last two are going to be pretty frantic and enjoyable. But at this point, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm sure the finale will be a lot of fun, at least.
I totally agree with those criticisms. But I think, even with the shortcomings, it's commendable for there to actually be things happening and that there's an attempt at real character development.

I felt more like "wow I didn't waste my time with this episode and I want to know what happens next" instead of "wow I just wasted 45 min", like usual. That's not to say there weren't serious problems with logic and plot, of course.

dustyherb

Can't blame Eugene for not wanting to go back to these idiots. What was the point of their dumb plan? You kill Negan and the rest of the Saviors just give up?

Is this storyline the same as in the comics?
Ya doesn't make any fucking sense, killing Negan wouldn't help. If they killed Negan than either Simon or one of the other numerous asshole Saviors we've seen would take over. With someone else in charge of The Saviors who's to say they wouldn't just go into the communities, take everything, and kill everyone. Negan is probably keeping most the shit bags in line.

Its similar but there's a lot of new stuff as well. Pretty much like every season where it follows the same general path but a lot of the details are remixed and all that.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I think the best way to watch this show is to binge it. I just watched 3 episodes in a go, the last 3, and it seemed to flow way way way better. Still can't excuse the terrible writing that crops up, but atleast its something.

Flo_Evans

I think the best way to watch this show is to binge it. I just watched 3 episodes in a go, the last 3, and it seemed to flow way way way better. Still can't excuse the terrible writing that crops up, but atleast its something.

Previous episode was pretty good I thought. You had Morgan losing his shit, Carol is getting out of her funk, Michonne and Rick kicking some ass and almost getting killed.

It was highly promising that the plot would actually start moving forward then we get this.

Flavius

I totally agree with those criticisms. But I think, even with the shortcomings, it's commendable for there to actually be things happening and that there's an attempt at real character development.

I felt more like "wow I didn't waste my time with this episode and I want to know what happens next" instead of "wow I just wasted 45 min", like usual. That's not to say there weren't serious problems with logic and plot, of course.

I hear you, and definitely agree. The Maggie/Darryl interaction was definitely the highlight for me. Helps that they are both good-to-great actors. The Sasha/Rosita moment in the abandoned building was pretty damn good, too -- which was a nice surprise since I really hate what they've done with Rosita's character and don't think much of the actress who portrays her.

Really hope we haven't seen the last of Sasha, though. One of the most interesting characters on the show.

Surfinn

I hear you, and definitely agree. The Maggie/Darryl interaction was definitely the highlight for me. Helps that they are both good-to-great actors. The Sasha/Rosita moment in the abandoned building was pretty damn good, too -- which was a nice surprise since I really hate what they've done with Rosita's character and don't think much of the actress who portrays her.

Really hope we haven't seen the last of Sasha, though. One of the most interesting characters on the show.
I felt like the Maggie/Daryl scene was one of the best/most emotionally effective moments in a very long time.

Richard gave him one.
Ah so it was just a random one?

garbage episode

Kinda sad what can pass as "character development" for this show
I mean I guess, when the bar is in a ditch below the ground...

Surfinn

The joke is that we're in a Walking Dead thread on an internet discussion forum, ergo every moment of every episode ever is filler except when someone dies.
Ok. That can be easily misinterpreted from your post. Thanks for the explanation.

I think there's legitimate complaints there about filler but I've been almost entirely invested in the last two episodes. Didn't think they had it in them.

Audioboxer

Just finished before heading to sleep. Okay building episode.

However, this season has been so damn inconsistent. Best villain but quite a lot of terrible episodes.

Very surprised at the hate. Am I the only one who enjoyed this (in the context of how bad the past two seasons have been)? Even if stuff didn't make a whole lot of sense (didn't make much sense last week either), it's hard to argue that it was filler.

Outside of the scene with Daryl and Maggie nothing meaningful happened until the last 3 minutes.

It was filler. A shame cause last week was great and overall the second half of this season has been decent.

Surfinn

Outside of the scene with Daryl and Maggie nothing meaningful happened until the last 3 minutes.

It was filler. A shame cause last week was great and overall the second half of this season has been decent.

I enjoyed the moment in the building with Sasha and Rosita while they were waiting for a shot. And the setup for other stuff seemed a lot more eventful/interesting than usual.

No more walking through the forest with characters we don't care about and cheap out zombie "thrills", at least in these two episodes.

I just love how Sasha and Rosita had the perfect set up to eventually end Negan when he comes out but nope lets just go all MGS and get ourselves killed.

Where's Negan?

bryuh5ju17.png

Gotta love the Negan Lean lmao. Where is this from?

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm trying so hard with this season but it's simply boring the hell out of me at this point.

And if you've read the comics, it's pretty damn obvious what's about to happen with Sasha.

So the only way things could get a little interesting now is we find out that Sasha is caught and will be put up for execution. Meanwhile, Eugene is actually hatching a plan against Negan and Rosita, caught by scarface, convinces him to help kill Negan as well.

Fight starts on Season 8.

Alpende

Thought the episode was boring as hell. I couldn't give a shit about Sasha. Still, their plan was stupid and was bound to fail even if they thought about that.

Sony

Nintendo
Soo... Roshita was the one that wanted to kill Negan in CQC..Sasha was the reasonable one saying they should try to snipe him because they might survive.. Yet Sasha was the one that ran inside... Ugh these idiots are so dumb. Even if they manage to kill Negan the Saviors will hunt for everyone that is not a Savior. If they fail, the Saviors will retaliate. Killing just one Savior without significantly crippling their forces is dumb.

Top Bottom