• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seiken Densetsu 3 seemingly coming to Switch (no localization news)

preta

SE's official Mana series Twitter account recently posted a 10-second clip of Seiken Densetsu 3 running on Switch: https://twitter.com/Seiken_PR/status/843658507719127040

Unclear whether this would be a Virtual Console release or some other port - the borders featuring art from the game would certainly be a new feature if the former.

There is no indication of plans for a localization currently.

rockx4

Holy shit, please localize... I would buy it for $50.

Would be amazing if this was the first "free game" for the online plan. Online play would be nice.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Doubt this means anything for localization. It's just one of the few games that didn't come out on VC even in Japan, so they're using it to leverage a new VC platform... in Japan.

The Joycon are perfect for this.

Hmmmm true.

Zolbrod

Been waiting for ages, fruitlessly, for this to hit the Wii U VC, good to know it seems to be coming to Switch at least.
Chrono Trigger as well, please.

tootie923

I loved Secret of Mana, played it so many times, never did get around to playing SD3. I would definitely get an English version.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This looks like a VC title.

In any case, it's a decent but very pretty game. I didn't like this game as much as Secret of Mana.

HeeHo

I doubt they'll address certain stats being useless like, agility, I think it was. Such a bummer. I started investing in that expecting results and then I learned it does nothing!

In regards to the references to Virtual Console in this thread, maybe I just missed it, but I don't see any indication in the eshop that such a thing exists anymore. I think Nintendo may just want to treat games as games this time around, whether they're emulated or not.
If it's VC it ain't being localized. If it's a port, there might be a chance.
I mean, ROM patches exist...

Aru

VC means no localization, sadly.
I wonder if they changed their plans concerning 3D remakes of both this game and Secret of Mana? Maybe Adventures of Mana didn't sell well enough.

I hope we get this game officially localized (with bugs fixed) one way or another...

komorebi

Lads...

If ever there was a time for the mass power of belief, prayer, and our combined consciousness...

That time is now!

samred

is that three-player mode? or does the game default to showing HP/etc for all three characters no matter how many are controlling?

Sophia

is that three-player mode? or does the game default to showing HP/etc for all three characters no matter how many are controlling?

That's how Seiken Densetsu 3 is normally. Whoever you aren't controlling is controlled by the AI. However, two player co-op is possible.

Seiken Densetsu 2 (known as Secret of Mana in the US) did support three players simultaneously with a multi-tap.

Top Bottom