• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve files trademark for... [Update: And Logo]

image.php

Does this mean work has'nt even begun? During the course of development when is a Trademarks usually acquired? Seems like something they would have had for years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't get excited, folks. We more or less know that L4D3 will precede HL3.

Raide

Wow, they have been making HL3 so long the trademark ran out! No wonder they have to secure it for another few years.

Philia

Does this mean work has'nt even begun? During the course of development when is a Trademarks usually acquired? Seems like something they would have had for years.

I was just thinking about this too. Was there an expiration date on the previous trademark? If not, how the fuck did they NOT trademark it sooner?

Nymphae

Banned
Am I missing something or reading this wrong? How could Valve go this long and not trademark "Half-Life 3?"

That's what I don't get. This must be a renewal or something? Probably have to apply for a trademark renewal after sitting on it and doing nothing with it for so fucking long.

Amneisac

I really hope Valve doesn't actually try this.

They wouldn't make it SteamOS exclusive, that would be absurd. They would almost certainly offer some other incentive though, either a lower price for HL3 on SteamOS or some in-game exclusives or something.

Vibranium

Banned
The internet just collectively fainted. I admit, I thought you were going to pull a bait and switch there Shinobi. Anyways it's happening!

Top Bottom