• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

jimmy johns, best sandwich chain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

(._.)

Banned
DHsgP.jpg

Anybody here with these sandwich shops in their area? I heard about them a while back but didn't get to try them out until last year. A lot of people I know have never tried or heard of them. They seriously make the best sandwiches I've ever had. I don't think it is possible to make one taste better. Just wondering if anybody here has them in their area. I know they are still sorta small. http://www.jimmyjohns.com/homepage.aspx

what I usually get. turkey sandwich with avocado and I ask for bacon on it.

TN3NK.jpg

*waits for the inevitable "I ONLY GET MY SANDWICHES FROM THIS OBSCURE LOCAL MOM AND POP STORE" post.*

But seriously, I love their speed. Asking for all the ingredients up front makes the process go way faster than Subway. And, unlike Subway, they don't assume you want A MOUNTAIN OF LETTUCE FHWQFJEWOFJQOQFJFOIQF!~!!!!!!!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I haven't had Jimmy Johns in a while, gonna have to fix that soon.

Another I like a lot is Firehouse Subs.

McNei1y

I like a couple of sub shops in the area but Jimmy John's is definitely one of my favorites. They're so damn fast. Also, that Night Club.

Dead

well not really...yet
Hmmm, haven't had lunch yet

Ill try that Jersey Mike's place. One opened up about 5 minutes away from where I live some time ago...

Qazaq

Banned
Looove Jimmy Johns. I'm not much of a cold sub guy, but they really make great tasting subs and are very quick. Everything tastes so fresh with them.

Meier

Pretty boring but they have nice bread and the meat/veggies taste fresh. Jimmy John's shits on Subway from the greatest of heights... BUT, the best sandwich chain is Potbelly's (Potbelly Sandwich Works/Sandwich Shop).

http://www.potbelly.com/

Get the Wreck and add giardiniera/hot peppers.

Firehouse is garbage.

I love the meatball from Firehouse. The only ones in Austin are way in BFE compared to where I live though so I never get to eat it. :( It's mostly a local chain here called Thundercloud which is pretty underwhelming. At least I can get my Potbelly at lunch.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I have only had it once and I just remember it being too much bread and not enough toppings for too much money.

Vicehii

Neo Member
Veggie Club, cup of coffee, bliss.
I didn't know what I was missing until I moved to the Seattle area (never once saw one in SoCal).

Zoe

#4, no mayo

I'm usually not in the mood for cold sandwiches though. I prefer hot sandwiches, even though Which Wich takes forever in comparison.

SyNapSe

I tend to like the hot sub places like Penn Station, Potbelly or Firehouse but Jimmy Johns is great.

I normally get the Vito or Italian Night club with Peppers

ReBurn

Gold Member
I've never had a sandwich from Jimmy Johns. I looked at the menu and they look like they would be good. I really like Jersey Mike's Famous Philly. I like Larry's Giant Subs, too. I get the Big Boss Man or their meatball sub.

I like hot sandwiches better than cold sandwiches. Does Jimmy Johns have a good hot sandwich?

Ate Jimmy Johns for lunch, delicious.

Firehouse is overpriced. The only good thing about it are the Coke Freestyles.

Protip: Mix Orange and Vanilla flavored Coke or Dr Pepper or whatever for a Creamsicle Soda.

Im surprised at the amount of love for Jersey Mikes... a few by my house but ive actually never been... Love me some Jimmy Johns!

forrest

formerly nacire
I like most sub places, but Jersey Mike's feels more like a genuine Deli style shop that the rest. As far as Jimmy John's is concerned, I don't really think their subs are all that great and prefer just ordering a regular sandwich if I ever go there. The majority of the time I'm at Which Wich because my wife likes it best.

Firehouse I used to enjoy a lot years ago. I finally decided to go back a couple weeks ago and found it pretty sub par overall.

Wilsongt

Yep. They're delicious. I don't feel like crap after I eat them unlike I do with Firehouse. Jersey Mike's is good, also. I had one a few nights ago and the taste just didn't sit too well with me, though...

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's pretty good. Compared to Subway, the ingredients tastes much fresher and higher quality. It's not as delicious as some of the shit at Quiznos, but JJ's doesn't have the feeling of regret that Quiznos gives me either.

I'll eat all of the above though. It's food, I won't pretend to be elitist about it.

I liked their veggie sub.

Last time I ordered.. they didn't put the sprouts on it.

I asked them for sprouts, and they told me they were discontinued in February.

Funny, because the menu at the store, and on their website, still lists them as an ingredient on the sandwich.

Annoyed me.

Meier

I like hot subs also but Jimmy John's is so fast and makes me not care if they are toasted or not.

If you have a Potbelly's in your area, give it a shot. Just an absolutely amazing sandwich and they're insanely fast as well.

Also quite cheap, only costs like $4.86 after tax for a standard size sandwich. They also have the most amazing cookies in the world for quite cheap ($1.20 or so). I stopped getting them though since I looked at how bad they are for me... as many calories as my sandwich. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom