• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Launch Thread: Now you're playing with power; HYBRID POWER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohonky

How long do the Joy cons take to charge?
I had the system charging from 64%, no idea about time, but the joycons were charging real fast compared to the system, system was up in mid 70% and joycons looking like nearly done. Couldnt give a time figure, but they would use bugger all power so they probably have a small battery so they should top up pretty quick.

Rösti;231340492 said:
The neon colors atop red was a bit too much I thought, at least in that size. Gray I found a bit dull, so that's why I went with white. Simple, easy to look at.

I perhaps could add a note saying that is only for artistic purposes so people don't get the impression white Joy-Cons will be available.
that might be a good idea :p when i first clicked the thread i saw them and got excited. :(

great thread though :D

AGoodODST

I had the system charging from 64%, no idea about time, but the joycons were charging real fast compared to the system. Couldnt give a time figure, but they would use bugger all power so they probably have a small battery so they should top up pretty quick.

Ah cool. Trying to decide if it's worth getting the charging grip or not so I can play on the TV straight away (and for when I inevitably get more joy cons later down the line).

Cepheus

Waiting for my Amazon order to change to 'Dispatched' like:
prwtng.gif

Same here...

I'm so excited for this console. I'm getting Bomberman and Zelda, but I promised a friend that I wouldn't touch Zelda until next weekend when he comes over.

Wil348

Just got mine today, love the system so far and Zelda is amazing! Anyone want to add me now that the online is up? My friend code is: SW-5963-4832-9883

I currently only have Zelda but I'll be getting Fast RMX as soon as its up. :)

That BoTW hype has me actually considering picking up a Switch once stocks refill. I had a thought that has probably been asked a 100 times now but I didn't see it listed in an FAQ,

Can you plug in an AC cable to the Switch when in tablet mode? I see myself playing in bed if I got a switch, and it would be nice if I could keep it powered via AC if the battery wasn't topped off at the end of the night. Follow up, would this allow for the same performance level as if it were docked?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I had some money saved up for a Nintendo Switch but due to poverty all my funds were depleted and I won't be able to get a system until later. Luckily streams of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be plenty, so that's something at least.

RAIDEN1

So while the Switch will be riding the wave of success that is the new Zelda with accolades being thrown about like there is no tomorrow, (within good reason I know) what title would be the one that will carry the momentum forward for Nintendo once all the Zelda talk quitens down...Splatoon and Mario Kart are all good but is there anything coming up that is in the same calibre as Zelda waiting in the wings in the near future???

bodine1231

I wonder what the process for buying stuff on the Japan Eshop will be. Do you have to create a new separate account and can you use your US Eshop credit.

Mohonky

Ah cool. Trying to decide if it's worth getting the charging grip or not so I can play on the TV straight away (and for when I inevitably get more joy cons later down the line).
From memory they are supposed to last a good while. I'd probably use the money a charge grip costs and put that toward a pro controller. That would make more sense to me personally. Two birds one stone

Mohonky

So while the Switch will be riding the wave of success that is the new Zelda with accolades being thrown about like there is no tomorrow, (within good reason I know) what title would be the one that will carry the momentum forward for Nintendo once all the Zelda talk quitens down...Splatoon and Mario Kart are all good but is there anything coming up that is in the same calibre as Zelda waiting in the wings in the near future???
Honestly Splatoon would almost single handedly do it for me lol. I havent sunk my teeth into a multiplayer like that since the first Gears and Modern Warfare.

Skyzard

Banned
From memory they are supposed to last a good while. I'd probably use the money a charge grip costs and put that toward a pro controller. That would make more sense to me personally. Two birds one stone

I'd do the same, apparently the charging grips have the joycons a bit too close together for larger hands and long play sessions.

Plus you get an extra controller out of the pro. I'm just worried about its d-pad being stiff (like really), but they might have been brand new when I tested it (on a friday event) and other people I spoke to didn't have an issue who went to another event on a saturday.

zeromcd73

Had my Switch for 3 hours now. Absolutely love it. Device is a whole other level above the 3DS/WII U

Zelda and Snipperclips both absolutely fantastic too!

Vitacat

20 hours. IMO charging grip is a waste. Definitely put that money toward a pro controller instead.

Since the eShop update is available we should finally be able to know, but I haven't seen answers to these so I'm asking here:

-What, if anything, is the Switch's solution for playing digital games while offline?

-Can user accounts and their associated game licenses be arbitrarily transferred from one hardware unit to another by simply adding the account to the new hardware, without the current solutions of either a direct system-to-system transfer of all data or calling Nintendo support to deactivate the current system and activate a new one?

-If the answer to the second question is yes, how is having the same account on multiple hardware units handled? Is there a "primary system" solution with all other systems needing to be online with the account a game license is tied to to play that game, like the PS4 and XBO? Or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Chairhome

Picking mine up at midnight! So hyped!
Two questions that I need to ask:(edit: my first question is also the one asked above this post, haha)
- if I buy a digital title on my main account and sign into another switch, will that 2nd switch be able to access that title? Even if I have to be signed in to do it?
- can I transfer saves from one switch to another?

Super Mario Odyssey looks poised to be the next big Mario subseries ala Galaxy, but that isn't launching until Winter.

Vitacat

Two questions that I need to ask:(edit: my first question is also the one asked above this post, haha)
- if I buy a digital title on my main account and sign into another switch, will that 2nd switch be able to access that title? Even if I have to be signed in to do it?
Good questions. Not sure we know yet. The save system seems to be a WIP yet.

ekim

From my first hours:
Handheld mode >>>>> docked mode for some reason.
Wifi signal is weak. Everything is responsive and snappy. Zelda so far is a blast.

Peltz

Same caliber as Zelda is a rather tall order and a bit unfair considering it's looking like the game of the generation. But Arms looks like fun.

Mohonky

I'd do the same, apparently the charging grips have the joycons a bit too close together for larger hands and long play sessions.

Plus you get an extra controller out of the pro. I'm just worried about its d-pad being stiff (like really), but they might have been brand new when I tested it (on a friday event) and other people I spoke to didn't have an issue who went to another event on a saturday.

The normal grip you get is the same size as the charge grip and I put it together to check out as $100AUD is a bit rich for me right now (thats four new motors or esc's for a quadcopter for me which is my other main hobby) and to be honest the normal grip you get in the box isnt uncomfortable at all. If you have huge hands maybe, but I was surprised that I didnt find the controller setup that way anywhere near as bad as I thought it might be, seemed ok.

But definitely the charge grip is bit of a waste imo, unless your buying a second set of joycons anyway, as that money you might as well just put straight into the Pro controller.

ekim

You can only play your bought digital games where your account is registered as the main one of the console. You can do this just for one console.

I know there's probably no good answer, but my brother all of a sudden wants a switch. He's willing to wait on lines wherever to try to get one, but wants to know where the best place would be (US stores). I have mine preordered already so I have no clue what to tell him. Is there any chance at all of him getting one? And if so, what would be the best place?

Ran Ran

I know there's probably no good answer, but my brother all of a sudden wants a switch. He's willing to wait on lines wherever to try to get one, but wants to know where the best place would be (US stores). I have mine preordered already so I have no clue what to tell him. Is there any chance at all of him getting one? And if so, what would be the best place?

Best bet would probably be to call the stores that are around you both, see which ones will have the most stock, then get there as early as you can to get in line.

Chairhome

You can only play your bought digital games where your account is registered as the main one of the console. You can do this just for one console.
Thanks. That kind of sucks for me as I will be buying some digital games on my main account but I will have 2 switches.

Waji

Order coming right now from Amazon. Should be here tomorrow, just on time.
Then, a few quiet days updating and such, getting Snipperclips and waiting for Zelda to arrive in the box, probably before the end of next-week.
Perfect.

Wish good times gaming to everyone !

AGoodODST

Right thanks for the advice. I'll just leave the charge grip. Especially if the Joy cons don't really take long to charge.

I'm not buying a pro controller straight away (will wait until Mario Kart) but I will put the money towards more games!

Wait, Blaster Masrer Zero is a launch game? Well that is good timing.

So no form of digital game sharing is possible. That's lame, but not a dealbreaker, at least for me. Can you register your account as "main" on another console without a system transfer or help from customer support?

Also, I presume that having an account as main allows you to play its games offline. Is that correct?

Kouriozan

Tomorrow will be a good day.

352Zcx4.png

+ Blaster Master Zero / Shovel Knight / Fast RMX and probably more later, don't like juggling between too much games

Nialrot

Had my Switch for 3 hours now. Absolutely love it. Device is a whole other level above the 3DS/WII U

Zelda and Snipperclips both absolutely fantastic too!

This is the combo I'm most excited about. Little Zelda to myself and some Snipperclips with the wife.

Hyped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom